register for free

Dog News

East Yorkshire medical dog breeder launches planning appeal

An East Yorkshire company which provides dogs for medical experiments has launched an appeal after plans to develop its site were refused.

The proposal for a breeding facility at B&K Universal at Grimston was rejected by councillors last year, against the advice of their own planning officers.

Protesters against the proposal submitted a 40,000 signature petition to East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

The firm said it had submitted an appeal to the Planning Inspectorate.

B&K Universal currently imports puppies and rears them at the site. The new unit would allow them to breed their own dogs.
Full story here...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-27677630

Not exactly my cup of tea.

Your comments and views:
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2014, 07:03 PM
This company wish to house 300 Beagle breeding bitches, each of which they estimate will produce an average of 5 puppies per annum. These poor dogs have such a miserable lives, housed in metal pens with no mental stimulation or access to the outdoor world. I know I'm a Beagle owner and as such, sentimental about them, BUT surely it is time that this lovely and amiable breed was freed from its link with the cruelty of experimentation, much of which is duplicated, and unnecessary. Whatever the research carried out, it is a life with only one result for the dogs.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I think it's about time invasive experiments on dogs were banned in this country _unless_ the experimenting research institute can put a strong case forward showing the outcome of the experiments will benefit dogs. (I.e. no more testing on dogs for human conditions.)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I had only just had the article sent through to me - I had no idea what it involved and the thought of 300 Beagle breeding bitches in such circumstances is absolutely heart-breaking.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
This is disgusting US owned company that breeds Beagles in the US, France, Italy & China. they used to breed at Grimston, which is a few miles from me, but had their breeding program ended 4 years ago when they were taken over by the American company.

Lots of protests there over the years & it was thought that the Tory council would agree to the planning permission, but they were "persuaded" to reject it

2012 report
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Smuggled videos are available to view on Google. They are heartbreaking, beagles being poisoned with drugs, fertilizers etc. before being killed and their organs examined. The kindest part is the pts. Japan, in particular, asks for repeated testing before they will import specific products from the UK. I don't know how to post links, but I'm sure there will be another 'Run Free' petition soon, please sign it if you care.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2014, 09:17 AM
PS Joedee - This is Grimston again, see Yorkshire Post yesterday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2014, 09:25 AM
PS Joedee - This is Grimston again, see Yorkshire Post yesterday.

CaroleC
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...lans-1-6649726
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2014, 09:47 AM
The Anti Vivisection Coalition have now launched their website petitioning The Planning Inspectorate in Bristol. Their website is www.OpposeBandKUniversal.com
Please help by signing.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top