register for free

Dog News

Liverpool women to be sentenced after their dog savaged pensioner to death

...has received 14 comments (page 2)
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-06-2014, 03:58 PM
The story in Margaret's post says the dog hadn't been fed for 2 days and was left out in the heat with no shade while the owners were at a BBQ
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Yes Azz and they still only got 12 months which means they'll be out in 6 months. What's the point of the new law then? I despair I honestly do.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
According to the story, the judge said prosecutors could have attempted to charge the pair with manslaughter instead of an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act - why didn't they? :/
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
According to the story, the judge said prosecutors could have attempted to charge the pair with manslaughter instead of an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act - why didn't they? :/
Azz
I think it is because the attack predated the change in the law.
I am afraid whatever is done there will always be incidents like this one because there will always be irresponsible idiots who get their hands on dogs...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I think this is terribly sad for both the dog and the pensioner and I think these d***s, sorry for using the term but that is what they are, should receive longer sentences. They get lesbian women a bad press.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top