register for free

Dog News

Irish Setter dies after being poisoned at Crufts, owners say

...has received 18 comments (page 2)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2015, 10:00 AM
And how do they think that it wasn't a competitor? Sounds like saving face as even the handler of the dead dog believes it was a competitor.
It has nothing to do with "saving face " who`s face are they saving ? why are you so sure it was a competitor , from the reports this morning the owner is not sure who would do this, she has said she does not think its a fellow competitor, as its inconceivable to think someone would do this to your dog.

The missing parts in the story sadly will probably never be solved, there`s nothing sinister behind them, solving this is more than likely never going to happen, but someone did poison this dog, who it was they may never know.

Crufts is a target for animal rights activists, we have had trouble before from PETRA , and this is something that I would not put past them, but its all speculation ,and will probably never be solved.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 10:28 AM
PETA are hypocrites, and they do have an agenda to kill dogs (many people don't realize this), so that is not out of the question at all, you're right. The story has enormous gaps. As they are still waiting for a toxicology report, I wonder how they know the dog was poisoned by cubes of meat with three different toxins?

As another user stated, the dog would have digested any cubes of meat long before he died, and with toxicology still pending, how do they even know what happened to the dog? Who knows? Maybe she poisoned her own dog, or knows more than she is letting on.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Maybe she poisoned her own dog, or knows more than she is letting o
Cant believe you just said that !!"
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Oh, but I did... so believe it. The story was just sad at first, but after reading more, there are huge things missing that seem propagated by the owner. You confirmed that she modified her story a bit, too. I wonder what she is leaving out, and why. She said she won't show again, complained of the competition having gotten "vicious", and her story makes no sense.

I'm American, and stranger things have happened. People kill others and dogs here for no reason at all, so I never exclude any possibility. In any case, this story is missing so many parts and is so inconsistent that I no longer have any idea what happened at all.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Two more dogs suspected of poisoning at Crufts....... maybe they also did it themselves ?

A member PETA was removed from trying to get in best in show ring last night, as judging was going on, so they were obviously around the venue ....its looking more likely this is the cause of the poisonings......
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 12:47 PM
i dont get why they let the public near the benches anyway? We should be kept out. And if they say part of the day is meeting al the different dogs, isnt that what discover dogs is for?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2015, 12:53 PM
It would be impossible to keep the public away from the benching areas,,, it to vast, plus thats what some of Crufts is about, allowing the public to wonder and see ALL the dogs, as an exhibitor, you are in the halls from around 7 inwards (for some earlier, ) and no matter how early your breed judging is , you can not take your dog home till 4 pm, they will not allow you to go out with a dog till then, this is for the benefit of the paying public who want to see ALL the dogs there.

We were finished judging by 11, but had to stay at benches till 4, its difficult to take your dog shopping with you, due to crowds, so my hubby stayed with Figo all the time while I went off, he had loads of people come by and stop to chat, stroke the dogs and have pictures taken, i really don`t see how they could restrict people even if they wanted to.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes, I'd think PETA would cause huge issues at dog shows. They certainly don't believe in them, and they say the dogs are just being humiliated for human enjoyment. IMO, true in some cases, but many dogs seem to enjoy showing, so no blanket statements should be made in that regard.

Now, that being said, PETA members are not usually stupid, and if planning on poisoning dogs, would NEVER identify themselves. So, I wonder how they know who the PETA members were?

Knowing that PETA members will be there certainly would spur me to be more vigilant. I still can't see how her story makes any sense as her timelines are way off. I refuse to let that go. Either she's hiding something, or she's making up vivid stories. Which one is it, I wonder...
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Eventful crufts this year then, poisonings, people up in arms about the way the woman handled that scotty and the Canadian obedience guy beating the crap out of his dog in the car park...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top