Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 05:39 AM

Good morning boys and girls - Monday!

Morning all,

I managed to get away with not doing any cooking yesterday by buying some salad and a stir fry for the two days where I had nothing planned – excellent!

Back to work after a lovely weekend, and apparently, we are in for a rather warm and sunny spell.

I know that will put a smile on lots of people’s faces

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Which is worse: Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Morning Vicki - I like today's gem of wisdom! It's got to that time of year where I won't bother with weather info for Cyprus - it will be the same every day now, just getting hotter and hotter. Just got back from walking the mutt. Had planned to drive straight to a couple of shops but it's too hot already to leave her in the car for even 5 mins.

Very exciting time coming up for me. My darling daughter in law is flying out on Thurs to stay with me for 3wks. My son will join her for the middle week. Then my daughter gets here in 4 wks time and we are going on a holiday!

I manage to get away without cooking most days! But I served my time in the kitchen - about 30 yrs of it - cooking for my family. Oh the joy of never having to wonder 'what to cook for dinner today' now!

Lidls have some good non food items coming in today so I plan to drive there when I've had my kawfeeeee.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Morning Vicki, Pat and everyone

....and there I was thinking you were a Sunday roast girl Vicki

Well, I managed to sell the old Astra last night, and hopefully, this bamboo conservatory furniture she left here for us which I don't want or like. £50 is much better than carting it off to the tip This means once it's empty I can start looking for a small rattan set which is much more my style.

Dave's back over to work from tomorrow, so I'm home alone again for 3 days which is rather nice, so I might get glossing that hallway which has had a new coat of a nice coffee colour. We're stuck with woodland walks all week, coz the new car isn't taxed, and I've gotta wait till Dave comes home on Friday with his insurance policy before I can tax it. He doesn't think I'll like driving it either it's a Ford Focus, but it's black, it's shiny, it's an estate, and although it's done 170,000 miles, it seems to drive nicely when he drove it back, and best of all, it only cost £800!!! My bimmer will be next on the for sale list so that I can have my new kitchen (will be sorry to see that go coz I love driving that )

Well, that's me for today, enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Vicki - I like today's gem of wisdom! It's got to that time of year where I won't bother with weather info for Cyprus - it will be the same every day now, just getting hotter and hotter. Just got back from walking the mutt. Had planned to drive straight to a couple of shops but it's too hot already to leave her in the car for even 5 mins.

Very exciting time coming up for me. My darling daughter in law is flying out on Thurs to stay with me for 3wks. My son will join her for the middle week. Then my daughter gets here in 4 wks time and we are going on a holiday!

I manage to get away without cooking most days! But I served my time in the kitchen - about 30 yrs of it - cooking for my family. Oh the joy of never having to wonder 'what to cook for dinner today' now!

Lidls have some good non food items coming in today so I plan to drive there when I've had my kawfeeeee.
Morning Pat - how lovely for you hon x

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki, Pat and everyone

....and there I was thinking you were a Sunday roast girl Vicki

Well, I managed to sell the old Astra last night, and hopefully, this bamboo conservatory furniture she left here for us which I don't want or like. £50 is much better than carting it off to the tip This means once it's empty I can start looking for a small rattan set which is much more my style.

Dave's back over to work from tomorrow, so I'm home alone again for 3 days which is rather nice, so I might get glossing that hallway which has had a new coat of a nice coffee colour. We're stuck with woodland walks all week, coz the new car isn't taxed, and I've gotta wait till Dave comes home on Friday with his insurance policy before I can tax it. He doesn't think I'll like driving it either it's a Ford Focus, but it's black, it's shiny, it's an estate, and although it's done 170,000 miles, it seems to drive nicely when he drove it back, and best of all, it only cost £800!!! My bimmer will be next on the for sale list so that I can have my new kitchen (will be sorry to see that go coz I love driving that )

Well, that's me for today, enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Morning Aitch - I'm more of a "let some other schmuck cook for me" type of gal

moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Morning Vicki, Pat, H and all,

I don't think I could cope with that sort of heat Pat. H my new car mileage isn't far behind yous H and it's only 2008! I am loving it so far. I am glad you had a good weekend Vicki.

It was a busy weekend at the park with our big bike event, I think we will see a lot more bikes (if that's possible).

I am not looking forward to today, Fiji is booked in to be spayed (again) lets hope it goes ahead this time and she is ok. I feel sick but think it's the worry, I hate it when they are put under.

Have a good day everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Morning Vicki, Pat, H and all who follow,
Just taken the dogs for a walk, think they thought it must be chriistmas getting a walk . What with lily being ill and me being in hospital walks just havn't been happenning.
Unfortunatly back to work today but I have booked a week off next week which will turn into much longer off as the following week dear old Lizzie is kindly celebrating her jubilee so I won't actually go back till the Wednesday, I timed it so well . Lets just hope we get some summer next week too.
Enjoy your day all whatever you are doing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I'm the same Vicki I am now training Gorden and Michael who is back living at home for a while (again) that it is nearly summer and I don't do cooking in the summer well as little as possible. It has to be a very special occassion for me to do a roast in the summer.

I heard we had some warm weather coming this week better not blink then.

A very nice event to be looking forward to Pat.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Here's my darling daughter in law, Monika - down at the Salt Lake ecstatic at the sight of the flamingos. When they are here I have to stop the car every time we pass the lake so she can get out and see them! (She even looks dressed to match them in this pic!) Sadly they won't be here at this time of year - they overwinter here.

I am VERY lucky - both my sons have wonderful partners and I love them as much as I do my own daughter.

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Morning all,

Tara is very much a morning doglet! Been up since 6.30!

Mind you means I'm ready early and have been able to add another 50 odd words to my EMA....god I hope I can get that finished tonight, I've had enough of it already!

Other than that, not got much planned, working today and swimming after work..that's about it so far.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2012, 06:55 AM
יום שני שמח לכולם

Morning Vicki, morning all. For the third night running Madam has woken me at around 4.30am wanting to go out, so I am yawning rather a lot this morning - I can get back to sleep OK but then of course have to be up again at 7am so no chance of a decent lie-in.

There has been a large, very noisy, yellow digger/dozer doing something yet again to the drainage ditch across the road since very early - there has been new water pipes laid along there, plus I do not know what else, and now they seem to be doing something else. One driver and two guys directing him, and Pereg is sitting watching them with the odd bark of encouragement! Luckily the days of water being off for hours seem to be over for now though, so maybe they are just finishing off the mess?

Yesterday's planned jaunt along the tractor paths did not last long as the jolting was causing too much discomfort, but hopefully I should be able to manage it properly in another week. Pereg was a bit disappointed but did not grumble too much - just gave me a few dirty looks!

Enjoy your day, whatever you plan to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >