Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 04:51 AM

Good morning boys and girls - Monday!

Morning all,

Well, thanks to the rather grim weather, we had a pretty quiet weekend. Nevertheless, it was very nice, and I’m rather sad it’s all over and we are back at work today.

Still, I’d rather be employed than not, so let’s crack on!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
To err is human; to really screw up requires the root password.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

This is going to be a good week, a very good week, even the sun has come back out for us First thing on my list is to go back to my long suffering hairdresser and ask him to tweak my hair a bit coz I don't like what he did to it last week! Why can't they just take a bit off and keep what you had, it's always like this after a brilliant cut, they go and mess it all up for ya! He's gonna love me, but then I won't be seeing him ever again will I, so who cares!

Lots to do again today, so I'd better get me skates on, so enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I can feel your excitement coming off the page Helena.

RVC for Dillon and I this morning. He is walking almost normally this morning so hopefully they will not find to much wrong. He is following me about and nudging me and nosing in my dressing pockets for treats as he has had to be fasted from 8pm last night.
I am glad the sun is shining it will make the drive a little more pleasant and if the rain holds off I should stay dry while managing him and the ramp.

Have a good day all.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Morning, folks.

I think it's going to be a trip to the vets for me today, just waiting for them to open so I can give them a ring. I'm concerned about Tyr. For a while now he's not seemed his normal self, but nothing that I could actually put my finger on in terms of something being "wrong", so to speak.

I did take him to the vets a while ago for being sick and bringing up something that looked like dark green slime and smelled really horrible (sorry to anyone eating breakfast whilst reading), and the vet gave him an anti-sickness injection since he was there, but said not to worry about it.

He seems to be continually demanding food but is losing weight slowly, he's not what I would call skinny (yet) but his spine is much more prominent than it was. Although I hadn't seen any evidence of worms, I wormed just in case but he still wants to eat constantly.

Got up this morning and he was laying on the living room floor with his sides heaving as if he was either going to be sick (although no retching) or as if he was struggling to breathe. His stomach seems sort of bloated and feels firmer to the touch than usual. He doesn't seem in any pain or distress, he wanted his breakfast (which he's not had as I want to speak to the vet first), and he's currently sitting at my feet purring away like crazy, but I'm really damn worried now.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Morning Vicki, H, Lynn and all

What a weekend, you would think it would be quiet at work but no. We had D of Edinburgh group camping on Saturday night! Sunday morning group leader is in her PJ's and coat having lent her clothes to the poor youngsters who were soaking wet. I was astonished when someone turned up for their BBQ, I couldn't believe they would even get it to light! Then the mystery of who left loads of food, (looked like packed lunches) Rolls, sausage rolls, crisps, biscuits, apples etc, very odd, think it could have been a Naval group..

I have done something to my back so am struggling a bit atm I just hope we don't see much wildlife today and the dogs are on their best behaviour!

It's going to be a brilliant week H, whatever the weather! I will be thinking of you and Dillon today Lynn and hope for a good result.

Have a good day everyone!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Morning Vicki, H, Lynn CCF and all,
Just been for a lovely long walk in the sunshine with the dogs. It was nice to get their coats off and the sun on their backs. Looks like its all set to change again tomorrow though back to rain.
I am taking the little Corsa for the mechanic to look over this morning and if all goes well I will be keeping it. I have been driving it since Friday and it is a nice nippy little car. I do prefer my Astra but I have to be practical now and it is cheaper tax.
Good luck today Lynn I hope you come back with good news about Dillon's leg.
Nice to hear you sounding so happy and chirpy H. It will be a good week for you I can feel it.
CCF I hope Tyr is ok and I think your right to go for a vet check. Something doesn't seem right and you know your dog best.
Have a good day everyone and take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Good morning all.

Tyr certainly doesn't sound right at all. Everything crossed that all goes well with the vet. Please keep us updated and, in the meantime, give him some gentle hugs from me.

Good luck Lynn - hope all goes well for Dillon too so positive vibes winging their way to him too (and hugs of course).

Hope the back gets better soon MM. Nothing worse than a bad back.

Helena - ohhhhhhhhh exciting for you this week. You get that hair 'just right' ready for the move.

Well, after the deluge of the last couple of days, the sun is out, the sky is blue and I intend to make the most of it. Long walk in prospect and either breakfast or dinner out - haven't made me mind up yet.

First call though is to oldest son's as he wants to do a bit of a sort round in the living room so have to call there first just to give him a lift with the heavy stuff.

Have a great day everyone whatever you're up to and good luck to our poorly doggies at the vets today!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Morning Cuz xxxx

A flying visit this morning as I have a friend coming over soon to do her diploma stuff here with me...our own little workshop with tea and biscuits

Hope Dillon and Tyr get on ok today and good luck Helena.

Morning all best wishes for the day folks xxxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2012, 08:12 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all.

Fingers crossed for Dillon, Lynn, and for poor Tyr, cc, I hope he is OK. I keep wondering whether to phone Ram or Tzahi about Pereg's limping and wish I had not forgotten to mention it when we were there a couple of weeks ago, but she only seems to limp when she has just gotten up and of course she was not limping when we were there. Typical, but I had too many other things to think about.

Sympathy for the bad back MM.

My latest toy arrived in the mail yesterday - a cheap and cheerful little monocular so I can see what is going on outside! Actually the idea is to keep an eye on some of the kids that play on the mini-gym equipment across the road on a Sabbath afternoon - to see if I can pick out the ones that sometimes torment Pereg. It might give them something to think about if I sit outside with this spyglass pointing at them!

I wish it would help me look for a missing nightshirt though...

Have a good day everyone and I hope it is a dry one for you all.

coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2012, 11:49 AM
The worst news. Can't say any more at the moment, can hardly see what I'm typing as it is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >