Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 08:23 AM

Good morning boys and girls - Monday!

Morning all,

My last day at home today as I am going to attempt a return to work tomorrow, even if it is only “part time”. There’s no way I can sit at a PC all day, so they’ll just have to accept what I can give them.
The alternative is a further two weeks off sick, which I can get in a heartbeat.

I know I’m returning too early, but I need to get back – I’ve been home five weeks now, and it’s beginning to get on my gonga!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today's gem:
I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. — Henny Youngman
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Morning

Try to enjoy your last day off work Can't believe it's been 5 weeks, doesn't time fly.......... So glad you're feeling better now though!

Happy Monday all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I know how you feel Vicki, I really want to get back to work, I have been off for ages now and its driving me mad.
I have an appointment for a check up with the doctor this morning, although its a different doctor as my normal one is off this week. However the steroids although now decreasing are still giving me awful side effects and I also have awful pain in my kidney area now, so we will see what this Doc thinks. I think she is a bit of a task master so reckon she will tell me to get back to work regardless.
Hope everyone enjoys their day whatever you are doing.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Morning

Try to enjoy your last day off work Can't believe it's been 5 weeks, doesn't time fly.......... So glad you're feeling better now though!

Happy Monday all xx
Morning Lou

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
I know how you feel Vicki, I really want to get back to work, I have been off for ages now and its driving me mad.
I have an appointment for a check up with the doctor this morning, although its a different doctor as my normal one is off this week. However the steroids although now decreasing are still giving me awful side effects and I also have awful pain in my kidney area now, so we will see what this Doc thinks. I think she is a bit of a task master so reckon she will tell me to get back to work regardless.
Hope everyone enjoys their day whatever you are doing.
Morning Bev - good luck at the docs, hon x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Morning Vicki, Lou, Bev, and all to follow. Buzzed round to the little clinic with the "sample" requested, only to find I was too late but popped into the macolet on the way back to do a fruit and veg stock up as I had seen Avner bringing stuff back from the market first thing this morning!

Have a good day everyone and remember...

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your last day off Vicki.

Good luck Today Bev.

I have housework to do and then have to pop out for a few bits.

at todays gem. Have a good day all.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Morning all.

Well I was stuck between a rock & a hard place today. Client booked me for 6 hours of dog sitting in her house. My YS is loaded with cold but as this is the first time I've done a job for this client, then I've sent my little one to school
I'm not busy tomorrow (as yet) but plans are to keep him off & have a snuggle day I reckon.
I feel crap about sending him, but had no choice

Have a good day all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Doc signed me off for another week as I have a kidney infection on top of it all now, so back on antibiotics.
I also have to go to the opticians this afternoon as she thinks the pressure has built up behind my eyes (caused by the steroids) which is giving me that feeling of not actually being here. I will be glad when these steroids finish.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2011, 11:17 AM
'morning Vicki and all

Sun is shining today, and I received a payment I wasn't expecting, so a happy bunny here

Bev I hope that your new Doc can help you with whatever it is that's making you feel so down and that you can get back to work soon. Sometimes we need the challenges that 'work' offers to take our minds of our own problems.

Best wishes all of you out there
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:45 PM
afternoon everyone xxx

well today im going along to mum's, fingers crossed xeva has finally finished her season (today is 4 weeks :O )

if she has then we do the great dog swap again, and we all have our own dogs back
my flat has been too quiet without her and i miss her loads (even though i see her near enough every day)
if she has finally finished her season, i will bring her home tonight and give her a bath and then tomorrow we can go out to the park and finally let her play with her new ball on a rope

(xeva has been staying at mums while in season as she has a huge garden that she can run around in, where as i live in a flat, i took mum's entire male)