Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:45 AM

Good morning boys and girls - Monday!

Morning all,

I am having a new phone line installed today as I am changing supplier from Virgin (or Vermin as I like to call them) to Sky, who I hope will be better and cheaper – fingers crossed.

The upshot of this visit from the Sky engineer means that I get to work from home today

Well, I “say” work.........

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with the sky change over and working from home.

I am doing the Clavering drive again today and tomorrow and probably Wednesday which I was hoping I wouldn't be. So was Mark but the woman let her little 4 year old join in on Friday so it slowed Mark down for the day. He was not a happy bunny.

Love the gem today. Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Morning Cuz xxxx

Have to say we have had Skye for years here. I was going to change the TV viewing a few months back to 'free view'' I rang Skye to tell them to cancel and we ended up with a much better HD package at the same price as the old crappy one....more channels, more viewing and HD box, plus a new sat dish on the house & free instillation I have to say hubby is happy....being the TV watcher

Hope you have a good day don't work to hard

Morning All have a great day
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with the sky change over and working from home.

I am doing the Clavering drive again today and tomorrow and probably Wednesday which I was hoping I wouldn't be. So was Mark but the woman let her little 4 year old join in on Friday so it slowed Mark down for the day. He was not a happy bunny.

Love the gem today. Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Cuz xxxx

Have to say we have had Skye for years here. I was going to change the TV viewing a few months back to 'free view'' I rang Skye to tell them to cancel and we ended up with a much better HD package at the same price as the old crappy one....more channels, more viewing and HD box, plus a new sat dish on the house & free instillation I have to say hubby is happy....being the TV watcher

Hope you have a good day don't work to hard

Morning All have a great day
Morning Steph
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Morning Vicki, Lynn, Steph and everyone

Good luck with the Skye change over Vicki, I'll be interested to see if it's a change for the better coz we were thinking of doing this when we move, as BT seem to be so expensive, I'm paying £68 a month with free evening and week-end calls, no interenet coz I'm with AOL, and I don't understand it when I hardly make any calls!

Anyhoo, I've started the big pack, emptied a couple of kitchen cupboards, and today I'll nip down and get a couple of proper moving boxes to do the rest of the kitchen. I'm ordering them en masse via the internet coz it's half the price of the shop bought ones. They even do wardrobe boxes, so you just take out all your clothes on hangers put them in the box, and voila, you just take them all out and hang them up t'other end perfick!

Zena is bright as a button, she drove us nuts yesterday, so I think I can safely say, she's well on the mend now. I will be visiting the vet this morning though coz it's the nice man that I like, and he's so easy to chat with, he tells me everything and I have questions. Zena will stay in the car unless he needs to see her, but he's a tad wary of her, even though she was good as gold with him last week, but he might have changed his mind about her after that. On 2nd thoughts, if he's not going to manhandle her, then it could do her good to be in there with me.

Lovely blue sky out there today, I think I'll be walking in a t-shirt before the day's out, spring has sprung down here

Enjoy yours even though it's Monday!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Good morning all.

I'd love to get SKY Vicki, but because our telephone exchange is so old fashioned, they charge more for 'phone and broadband than sticking with BT. Every time we ask about it, they say that the exchange is planned to be updated next year, but next year has been coming for the last 5 years now.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Son didn't want to come with us , the sun was shining and it was pleasantly mild. Rosie met three other puppies on our travels. We had a McDonalds and a lovely walk round. Things are starting to open up now at the weekends and even the funfair opened it's gates yesterday. Lots and lots of people though, but, still, you can't have everything .

Also got an unexpected visit from my brother and sister-in-law. They have just opened their caravan down the road from us so called in. Lovely to see them both and we had a good long natter.

It's quite misty outside this morning so the weather could go either way, but I believe the forecast is good so hopefully another good day in prospect.

Whatever you're up to today, have a good 'un

PS Malka, I hope you and Pereg are both OK hun. Didn't see you around yesterday xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:11 AM
morning Vicki and all

Enjoy your day working from home Vicki!

I am so glad to hear Zena is on the mend, I would take her with you when you speak to the vet, I take Taz if anyone else is going then it isn't always a scarey experience for him.

We had a fab day yesterday at Crufts, Pip actually showed well (in the end) and was 2nd in limit dog, Taz's mum won limit and my good friend who has Pip's sister won veteran with her lovely Dutch. Caught up with my afghan friends and took a lovely lunch for us all to share. It was worth getting up at 4am after all!!

Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Its very foggy out there this morning but hopefully it will break and let the sun through for another lovely day like yesterday.
Must try and get a doctors appointment this morning if I can get through then unfortunatly being Monday back to work this afternoon.
Have a good day all and take care.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 07:57 AM
שקט עד הבוקר

Morning Vicki, morning all. I kept finding my fact on the keyboard yesterday evening so got ready for bed, so as soon as Pereg had been out for a final pee/poo had her meds it was straight to bed. Nice quiet night, at least in this neck of the fields, but all schools in the area are still closed.

Yesterday my wireless mouse died, and as the receiver is set for the keyboard and mouse that it comes with I could not just change the mouse but the complete set - luckily I always keep a spare. So I phoned Effie who said no problem, the set is guaranteed for 2 years and I had only had it maybe a couple of months, so he will pick it up some time this week and it will be exchanged for a new one.

This morning I discovered that my speakers had packed up [I think this is the third set I have had?] and my big earphones so it meant another call to him for replacements. I hate not having speakers as I use my computer to play my music.

Enjoy your day!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki, Lynn, Steph and everyone

Good luck with the Skye change over Vicki, I'll be interested to see if it's a change for the better coz we were thinking of doing this when we move, as BT seem to be so expensive, I'm paying £68 a month with free evening and week-end calls, no interenet coz I'm with AOL, and I don't understand it when I hardly make any calls!

Anyhoo, I've started the big pack, emptied a couple of kitchen cupboards, and today I'll nip down and get a couple of proper moving boxes to do the rest of the kitchen. I'm ordering them en masse via the internet coz it's half the price of the shop bought ones. They even do wardrobe boxes, so you just take out all your clothes on hangers put them in the box, and voila, you just take them all out and hang them up t'other end perfick!

Zena is bright as a button, she drove us nuts yesterday, so I think I can safely say, she's well on the mend now. I will be visiting the vet this morning though coz it's the nice man that I like, and he's so easy to chat with, he tells me everything and I have questions. Zena will stay in the car unless he needs to see her, but he's a tad wary of her, even though she was good as gold with him last week, but he might have changed his mind about her after that. On 2nd thoughts, if he's not going to manhandle her, then it could do her good to be in there with me.

Lovely blue sky out there today, I think I'll be walking in a t-shirt before the day's out, spring has sprung down here

Enjoy yours even though it's Monday!
Morning Aitch - has to be worth it: Line rental £12.25 and unlimited broadband £7.50 making the total monthly layout £19.75. It includes free evening and weekend calls too - mind you, like you I hardly ever use the phone

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

I'd love to get SKY Vicki, but because our telephone exchange is so old fashioned, they charge more for 'phone and broadband than sticking with BT. Every time we ask about it, they say that the exchange is planned to be updated next year, but next year has been coming for the last 5 years now.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Son didn't want to come with us , the sun was shining and it was pleasantly mild. Rosie met three other puppies on our travels. We had a McDonalds and a lovely walk round. Things are starting to open up now at the weekends and even the funfair opened it's gates yesterday. Lots and lots of people though, but, still, you can't have everything .

Also got an unexpected visit from my brother and sister-in-law. They have just opened their caravan down the road from us so called in. Lovely to see them both and we had a good long natter.

It's quite misty outside this morning so the weather could go either way, but I believe the forecast is good so hopefully another good day in prospect.

Whatever you're up to today, have a good 'un

PS Malka, I hope you and Pereg are both OK hun. Didn't see you around yesterday xx
Morning Chris - we were in the Wimpey yesterday

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
morning Vicki and all

Enjoy your day working from home Vicki!

I am so glad to hear Zena is on the mend, I would take her with you when you speak to the vet, I take Taz if anyone else is going then it isn't always a scarey experience for him.

We had a fab day yesterday at Crufts, Pip actually showed well (in the end) and was 2nd in limit dog, Taz's mum won limit and my good friend who has Pip's sister won veteran with her lovely Dutch. Caught up with my afghan friends and took a lovely lunch for us all to share. It was worth getting up at 4am after all!!

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri - great result hon, sounds like you had a fab day x

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
Its very foggy out there this morning but hopefully it will break and let the sun through for another lovely day like yesterday.
Must try and get a doctors appointment this morning if I can get through then unfortunatly being Monday back to work this afternoon.
Have a good day all and take care.
Morning Bev - I assume you have your phone back now....

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
שקט עד הבוקר

Morning Vicki, morning all. I kept finding my fact on the keyboard yesterday evening so got ready for bed, so as soon as Pereg had been out for a final pee/poo had her meds it was straight to bed. Nice quiet night, at least in this neck of the fields, but all schools in the area are still closed.

Yesterday my wireless mouse died, and as the receiver is set for the keyboard and mouse that it comes with I could not just change the mouse but the complete set - luckily I always keep a spare. So I phoned Effie who said no problem, the set is guaranteed for 2 years and I had only had it maybe a couple of months, so he will pick it up some time this week and it will be exchanged for a new one.

This morning I discovered that my speakers had packed up [I think this is the third set I have had?] and my big earphones so it meant another call to him for replacements. I hate not having speakers as I use my computer to play my music.

Enjoy your day!
Morning Malka - do you mean your "face" was on the keyboard......?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >