Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

I remember those rotary washing lines. I had one once but the stuff in the middle didn't seem to dry very quickly. Here i have a line that runs the length of the garden it is brilliant especially as we get the sun out the back all day and the wind from the fields. Luckily the garden is wide enough you don't notice it if your out there.
Dry and sunny here at the moment. I just let Lyla asbo cat out and she was intent on trying to scale the walls of the house to the roof to get the birds, so much to her annoyance she is now back in.

I am going to visit my sons today at their respective houses and see my grandchildren. I am also going back to the train station to try and get my ticket down to Charly's next weekend. I have decided to stay until tuesday now as I can move my Tuesday work to Wed so that will be a lovely break for me. I am getting quite excited.. I did hear the weather is mean't to get more spring like at the end of next week too.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Best washing line I ever had was the one on the Island. Four sturdy poles around a square green.. used to hang on to those poles hen feeding my livestock ( Hens, geese, ducks, peafowl, 2 Jacobs sheep and a goat) in storms and gales.

Since then been improvising.. The best is hard to follow..

AB sounds hilarious; there is a thread on boards ie pets from someone with a similar cat
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning all although coming up to midday. I am totally shattered as Da Booga had another horrible seizure at 4am but at least this time she did not pee on the duvet as she crashed off the [very high] bed down onto the floor.

That makes two bad seizures in 22 hours and I am praying that I do not have a day with her like I did yesterday. I am desperately in need of sleep but I doubt I will even manage a nanny nap this afternoon.

So apologies for not really having a clue as to what was said either yesterday or so far this morning, and apologies in advance for probably not being with it again today.
So sorry to hear this Malka and take care of you today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Morning Bev, Moyra, Jenny and Mandy.
Enjoy your day today Bev.
Glad you and Amber had a drier walk today Moyra.
Morning Jenny I bet the boys loved their race around the garden. Safe journey and hope you find mum well if you visit today.
Mandy have a nice day out.

Well it is dry the ground is drying slowly there is a slight breeze and the sun shows itself every so often so line up and washing on it. I am quite impressed with the spike it goes into it has a little cap so you can take the line out and cap it off so Dillon doesn't go running down the garden and catch his paw in it.
Having a cuppa tidying up then we are popping out to get some bits mainly Dillon's yoghurt which I keep forgetting.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Malka So sorry for both you and Pereg even though she will have forgotten it by the time she is over it. It must be very tiring for you. Glad she missed the duvet. Try and get some rest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Sorry Malka nearly missed you there. Sorry to hear Pereg has had another seizure. Everything crossed she settles now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone! Malka, sorry to hear of Pereg's second seizure I do so hope that it will now settle down and give you both some rest and respite. Being as it is Sunday I was having a little think and then realised it would be churlish of me not to share my pearls of wisdom with you all. As regards colds and flu ~ Goose grease ~ this should be applied generously to all non moving parts, my Wise Old Granny (long deceased - a bad cold got her!) advocated this sovereign remedy. She with unfailing logic reckoned that you never saw a goose with the flu! Onto computers, Rosebud it seems obvious to me that your printer has a failing of the main Spronge gasket settling valve treader - a common fault - easily mended by the simple expedient of spending vast wodges of dosh and getting a new one. See, although new to these computer thingumybobs, I have quickly mastered their complexities. Now with a view to sunday dinners - if Nippy is really having a baby for sunday dinner - where on earth did she get such a nice big one that could feed a gathering of eight. Then there are Chicken Kievs, oh a fine morsel and quite exotic to folks such as myself, but I am given to wondering which bit of the chicken is it's kiev. Now this thing about coming home with the Milkman, my father-in-law ran a large milk round as part of the farming concern, and it fell to me to give him a helping hand on high days and holidays, rather than see him struggle. This work was unpaid, but it was worth a King's Ransom to see some of the sights I have witnessed at 5.30am up in northern derbyshire. Oh Hum! perhaps enough said on that point! Bye fer now.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Good morning everyone! Malka, sorry to hear of Pereg's second seizure I do so hope that it will now settle down and give you both some rest and respite. Being as it is Sunday I was having a little think and then realised it would be churlish of me not to share my pearls of wisdom with you all. As regards colds and flu ~ Goose grease ~ this should be applied generously to all non moving parts, my Wise Old Granny (long deceased - a bad cold got her!) advocated this sovereign remedy. She with unfailing logic reckoned that you never saw a goose with the flu! Onto computers, Rosebud it seems obvious to me that your printer has a failing of the main Spronge gasket settling valve treader - a common fault - easily mended by the simple expedient of spending vast wodges of dosh and getting a new one. See, although new to these computer thingumybobs, I have quickly mastered their complexities. Now with a view to sunday dinners - if Nippy is really having a baby for sunday dinner - where on earth did she get such a nice big one that could feed a gathering of eight. Then there are Chicken Kievs, oh a fine morsel and quite exotic to folks such as myself, but I am given to wondering which bit of the chicken is it's kiev. Now this thing about coming home with the Milkman, my father-in-law ran a large milk round as part of the farming concern, and it fell to me to give him a helping hand on high days and holidays, rather than see him struggle. This work was unpaid, but it was worth a King's Ransom to see some of the sights I have witnessed at 5.30am up in northern derbyshire. Oh Hum! perhaps enough said on that point! Bye fer now.
YOu had me going for a minute there Gordon.

Although E 38 is reasonable enough I think.... instead of food of course!

I bet re the early sights!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Afternoon
Am off out for lunch with a head the size of Brazil!! Not mine,I was very sensible Had a great night,didn't get in till 3am,then of course cheese on toast just had to be made Hubby is in the horrors,painful to watch but I have no sympathy
Hope you all well,doglets too.Chucking it down here
Will catch up later,see you then
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Well I'm paying for yesterdays excursions to the river and bedroom cleaning. Very painful. Am giving myself a rest.
There's been heavy rain overnight, was nice earlier on, looking overcast now, I really should get the girls off onto the river again, but think it is wiser to remain as still as possible today. I do have ironing to do, I put some on top of Jenny's ironing pile, but she swiftly removed it and I found it in a bin bag behind the couch
Malka, I am sorry to hear Pereg's had another one, was really hoping that she wouldn't have anymore. Thank goodness she missed the duvet this time though. Really hope you can both get a few Nanny Naps in during the day and you're not quite so shattered by tomorrow.
Lynn, DO NOT FORGET Dillon's yogurt this time, he's very upset about it y'know, been texting my girls asking if they've any spare cartons of it going.
Aw Jenny, your garden sounds in a right mess, we need a lot of dry weather to get everything looking better. No idea how many times a day you must be giving the boys a wash down, its a job in itself, no wonder your backs hurting.
Helena, can you tell Dave to get a move on with this bathroom, I'm waiting and waiting for these piccies, and all I hear is excuses about trips to Screwfix etc
Hope you managed to drive past Dunelms without being dragged in, although I think your car knows its way now and you could well find yourself in their car park without knowing quite how you got there
Bev, its lovely to hear about your little holiday to Charly and Ash's new place, and you'll get to meet Harley and generally have a break from all thats happened to you recently. Has AsboCat settled down at all, or is she still after killing herself, never have I heard of a cat like this one!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Da Booga. I know that she does not cluster as Linda's Loki does, but she is so bad for hours afterwards and that is what exhausts me. The seizures themselves are very violent but most of them do not last quite as long as they used to and as I have learned that the best way for her to cope is to let her come out of them at her own time, ie not pat her back and talk to her, all I can do is just sit and watch her.

But she takes quite a while before she can actually get up, lifts her head up but cannot hold it up - tries to get from her side onto her front but tends to roll backwards when she tries - distressing as the seizures are, watching her try to get up is worse in a way. And then hours of diabolical behaviour which is not her as such - it is because her brain is still addled and she does not realise or even know what she is doing..

Yesterday it seemed as if every time I wanted to just sit quietly for a few minutes, or go make coffee, or, heaven forfend, get something to eat for myself, she was nagging and pacing and that horrid sharp "gimmee" bark bark bark, until I want to scream at her to just go away and leave me alone. And because I cannot do/reach everything from my chair it means heaving myself up on my crutches, which does not do my arms much good, let alone my back.

But I love her. Simple as that.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »