Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:20 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Lovely cold, dry morning here, this could mean we might actually all come home mud free today, emphasis on the word *might* there cos it still has an hour to rain before I get out with Zena.

I'm off to the park to collect rent, and I will make sure that car of mine doesn't head into Dunelms on the way home, cos this rent is spoken for by the new gardener, we're having more fencing done next week. I'm going to have to call into my neighbour's to have a word with her about this cos it's her fence, and 3 of the panels where we stand and chat on my bit of lawn, are old and tired and that staffie of her daughter's who visits during the summer, could break through and I want to feel secure this year when I leave Zena out the back on her own. Either she can go halves with us on my quote, or she can allow us to put it where it is now, but actually, if she's going to be arsy about it and not contribute, I might just get the new fence put on our side and she can still look at her rubbish bit from her side lol. I'm still deciding on that, but I shall make sure I approach her in the nicest possible way cos I don't want to upset her at all, I get on well with her and it's somebody else to talk to around here.

Dave's off to a local Screwfix point this morning to collect the bathroom fans on another big industrial estate we didn't know existed. He'll take his sat nav though, whereas I don't have one.

That's it for us today then, hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and I'll go and catch up on last night's antics in here now.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Morning everyone wet here today. That is because we bought a rotary washing line yesterday so I could hang more washing out than I can on the little makeshift lines at the bottom of the garden and all the washing was done last night ready to go out today. Which unless the weather bucks its ideas up it won't be.
Gorden was up in the middle of the night with his long weekend he has brought germs home a cold. That's being in schools watching his students till half term and then a week of meeting with them they are probably harbouring germs and handing them on. Breeding places for all manner of nasties these schools. As long as he keeps it to himself I don't mind.

I remember coming home with the milk cart when I was married which was at 18 so we were the only ones in our group who had their own flat so it was out for the night then back to ours for more partying. The neighbours must of hated us. Wasn't allowed to be that bohemian living at home. Those were the days don't regret a minute of them.

I hope you enjoyed your evening out Eileen and are not too worse for wear today.
Mandy I hope you enjoyed your tea last night.
Sally I hope no more incidents have occurred overnight. Are you feeling better now ?
Helena if your vanning again today don't work too hard and I hope the bathroom is finished today.
Lorraine enjoy the shooting.
Bev I bet you are getting excited about having a mini break at Charly's enjoy and I hope your mum is ok.
June I hope the rib isn't too sore after all your hard work over the weekend.
Malka hoping Pereg stayed seizure free overnight.
I am sure I have forgotten some so apologies and best wishes to those I have forgotten.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Good morning Helena and all who are to come.

NB just lost the message but if you right click on the blank space and press UNDo it comes back.. magic!

You are right re your neighbour of course.. is she irish!

Deluging here yet again but so far no wind. Glad, although not for the reasons, I postponed any outing as there are no mountains and no views today.

So a quiet day abed for me.
Holding on to my breakfast with diffculty but resolve!

Sum Sum did not come in but everyone else is fed and asleep.
He used to go walkabout occasionally; treats the place like a hotel

I do miss the chicken necks I used to get in Cork.. at E3 a box of 10 k they were grand. Nothing like that here and I did try. ah well...

Not checked the errant printer yet; I have no doubt it means a new one but they are cheap enough now and the one of offer at Argos at least uses the same cartidges.

Knitting etc today of course and need to do some beading; clumsy and last nght managed to spill a great bag of buttons and turned the air BRIGHT BLUE

Enjoy the day all ....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Morning Lynn, 3 mins apart again!

Oh yes, I remember those days too, coming home with the milkcart, I used to be quite friendly with our milkman when I lived at home cos I'd usually arrive home just as he was arriving or leaving lol! Wouldn't change any of it either Sorry to hear Gorden's got a nasty cold, but it goes with the territory doesn't it working in schools, I remember that very well too when I worked in our local boarding school.

Hope the rain eases later for a nice walk with Dillon even if you can't get the new washing line installed. I don't like those rotaries, I nearly poked my eye out on one once when hanging out somebody's washing on theirs.

Have a lovely day with Gorden at home, maybe he might even have the week off if he feels bad, but I'm sure you won't mind that.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Morning Rosebud, well that's a handy thing to know about what to do when your post disappears after you've spent all that time typing it, I will make a note of that. Might be worth a thread on its own cos so many of us lose posts like that, never to be seen again.

Enjoy your quiet day with your crafting, and I hope that Sum Sum returns safely for breakfast.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Morning Helena. Steady on I am getting use to having the week to myself
I am not keen on rotary lines either had to have one at Fennells due to space or lack of it, here we have a long garden but narrow so the line and posts would take up a lot of garden again so decided on the rotary line again. I will try not to poke my eye out.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Rosebud, well that's a handy thing to know about what to do when your post disappears after you've spent all that time typing it, I will make a note of that. Might be worth a thread on its own cos so many of us lose posts like that, never to be seen again.

Enjoy your quiet day with your crafting, and I hope that Sum Sum returns safely for breakfast.
I found that by accident and it does well..my laptop decied to reaarrange itself yesterday and I was trying to get the display back to normal but no way..

You all had a good time last night,. oh by the way Shrove Tuesday, pancake day is Tuesday.. using all the rich food up before Ash Weds and Lent

My lovely landlord brings me free range eggs from his mother's hens sometimes so I have them ready.

Meant to make pancakes yesterday and share them with the dogs but crashed so had apple pie and cheese..Maybe today

I got very confused re the to threads
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena. Steady on I am getting use to having the week to myself
I am not keen on rotary lines either had to have one at Fennells due to space or lack of it, here we have a long garden but narrow so the line and posts would take up a lot of garden again so decided on the rotary line again. I will try not to poke my eye out.
I'm confused now,, threads..

Chuckling at the idea of a rotary clothes line up here; it would spin like a helicopter blade and take off

I have lines in the open shed hich are a great boon. A small line outside only.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Morning Rose oh don't worry Helena and I are very confusing.
Sometimes we happen to post the morning thread up a few minutes apart as we have now forgotten our rota and it has been chucked out there for others to post it up if we are late on parade. Which is often these days. For me anyway.
I can imagine a rotary line where you are spinning at 100 miles an hour you would lose your washing in the mountains.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Happy Sunday all
Morning Lynn sorry Gorden has got a cold, you will have to rub his chest
Helena I can imagine you being a "stop out" haha Have a good day.
Morning Rosebud, hope you have a peaceful day.

8 of us and a baby for lunch today, which is why I'm here early
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »