Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 06:32 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - B H Monday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

A day off work for some of you so hope you enjoy it and make the most of it.

I wasn't around yesterday because we wanted to get everything finished for this new carpet on Wednesday, which we DID, which means, we have now officially completed the transformation of this lovely little bungalow, brought it all back into the 21st Century (or should that be forwards? ) and now I will be able to live in it and enjoy it without boxes of tools taking up all the room in the conservatory, chaos and mess every week-end (it has been a year ya know!!!) and I can't quite believe it myself. There will be an official opening of this new lounge when Dave gets back on Friday cos of course, I won't have any furniture in it until then as that'll all be stuffed in the conservatory now that the tools have all gone in the garage.

The neighbours sil who mows the front lawn came in to have a look yesterday, cos he used to spend a lot of time in here sitting with the old lady chatting, and you should have seen his face, he couldn't believe the transformation, and how huge it all looks now, which it does, but I'm not gonna ruin that by filling it all up with furniture, cos Zena likes her ball, and we need lots of room for that. At least she'll be safe now with all the glass gone from those doors.

I'm off for some more turf on the way back from our morning walk, cos we pass B&Q and their turf is fab, and I just need another 6 to complete the total green look on the back lawn. Dave fitted me a gate up the top last night, which now means, Zena cannot get up onto that very top level, where she either does her crazy antics thinking the cat is up there, or she hangs over that low bit of fencing when next door's dogs have a pop at her.

Talking of which, that blooming staffie on the other side was there again yesterday, and jesus Chris, it went hell for leather on the other side of the fence at Zena as soon as they let it out there, and she had just been lying under the bush minding her own business, so of course, she had to have a go back at it. I rushed out there, told her to leave it which she did, but this thing was going mental on the other side, and the son in law grabbed it by the scruff and dragged it back indoors and it was STILL going nuts all the time he was doing that . I don't think they'll let it out again when it visits next door. Even the daughter said she was never going to let it out again cos it's a nutcase, but obviously, this other daughter didn't know about that and let it out Dave's worried the fencing will give way, and it's their fence, so needs sorting out, and why should we do it

Anyway, I missed the whole of yesterday on here because I was doing stuff, but I hope everyone is well, along with the doglets, and when Dave goes back tomorrow I can at least keep up with everyone's goings on

Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning H and all .

Another beautiful day.

I had a phone call from the daughter of the old lady I am seeing to for a week asking if I would go to her at lunchtime today and do some lunch and spend an hour with her. I have agreed even though part of me just wants a day to sit and chill.

We had a lovely breakfast at Toby Carvery yesterday. I was so full up, I never ate anything else till I had a sandwich last night. I also managed to get all my garden done yesterday and the patio table and chairs scrubbed and set up for the summer.
Ash said he would help me clean out my shed this afternoon as there are lots of spiders in there amongst all the rubbish and I don't do spiders, wheras he will happily pick them up.

I am glad you have managed to get all your work on your bungalow H, all those stressful days will now seem worth it as you can sit and enjoy it and hopefully become a lady of leisure. .
Sounds like that fence needs sorting out though as I dread to think what might happen if it gave way and Zena and that staffie got together.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely warm weather, I think its all mean't to change after tomorrow so make the most of it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.

Oh dear I slept till 1/4 to 8. Dillon woke at just gone 6.30 so Gorden got up next thing I know its 1/4 to 8 so I will hold off feeding him which is usually 7.30 as we will want to get out on his walk when Gorden has sorted himself
before its too hot for Dillon.
Toilet finished but boy what a job that was we wouldn't be surprised if it has been leaking since we moved in and a boj job was done on it. It only cost £3-68 to fix just a new washer. Mind you if we had had to pay I hate to think how much it would of cost.
Lets hope my car battery is as cheap or cheaper to sort.
Had a text last night from our friends in Hutton near where we use to live and she is having an oven bbq between 2 & 6 today and has invited us so we have decided to go.

Helena glad to hear you are now at the end of a very long haul and that both you and Dave can now start to relax (hopefully).
Goodness that staffie really doesn't like Zena does it is it like that with all dogs do you know. You can't blame Zena having a go back if it starts and she is minding her own business. I hope they strengthen that fence.

June what a shame that Storm is stressed. It does sound as though the people love him already and will give him the time and patience he needs also that they will keep in touch and ask for you help along the way.
Sally still thinking of your dad and the family. I did have a chuckle at the email and picture you have sent to customer services. I can imagine their faces when they open it and see that.

Will see you all later. I have lots of housework to catchup on today before going out as there was no point doing any yesterday as the cistern ended up coming down the stairs and into the garden for a clean up.

Enjoy the
Bank holiday everyone and stay safe.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning Helena, Bev and fellow members,

What a beautiful sunny (and dare I say warm) morning here Not sure what's on the cards here today but I do know that it is going to be very noisy and we are unlikely to be sitting on the riverside. Workmen arrived next door and since 7.15 all we can hear is the noise of the de-rig going on.

Helena - Wow so you really are on the home-run now with the transformation of your house Hopefully you'll really get to enjoy it this summer to the full. Dave is a real star and both of you together clearly make a dynamic duo for DIY.

Bev - What a nerve asking you to go in to see that elderly lady in the middle of a day off She must be a very good friend of yours. Bless Ash helping with the shed - even just being there for the spiders would be good.
Enjoy your day.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Lynn you snuck in when I was typing Enjoy your BBQ this afternoon and I hope you get the other jobs done that your hoping to.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Thick mist here, lets hope it is a sea mist that will soon burn off.

I intend having a quiet day in the garden today. Doesn't look much like sun bathing weather but I have loads of plants ready to go in so we will be doing that.

Enjoy your bank holiday everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-05-2013, 07:51 AM

Popped in earlier [been up most of the night] - remembered to do the Monday bump but not really up to taking in what has been said.

Today I will definitely go to see the doc as she is here from 4-6.30pm and I have an 'orrid infected shin wot came into contact wiv summat nasty and is beginning to look rather

Be back after morning chores are done.

Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Good Morning all, going to be another hot one. Do hope you all get some time to chill today. Take care all. God bless.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Ok who has pinched the sun and blown thick grey clouds this way. Please take back your clouds and return my sun.

Jenny I hardly know the old lady's daughter, but I also don't want to see the old lady left sitting there with no lunch on her own, so I will go. I just wish she lived nearer as after looking at my mileage when I went there on Friday, it was a 14mile round trip. She is a very sweet old lady, who suffers with parkinsons disease and a little dementia, so I don't mind going to help her.

My neighbour has also just text me and asked if I can go in and feed her GSD pup at lunchtime as she is at a horse show all day. Now that I will very much look forward t doing as it is a gorgeous 10 week old GSD called Loonie . I will try and get some photos of her later.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning fellow members on this perfect spring day

The washing has almost dried already, next job is to iron it and to make a cake for the twins who are comping to tea tomorrow when I have Hannah.

The weeks are flying by, scary to think we are less than 2 months from the longest day
Enjoy your day everyone...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »