Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Morning all. Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning everybody

I do hope nobody has woken up surrounded by water after all the terrible weather we've had over the week-end, and although we've now had our share of it, the worst today is up North so stay safe everyone.

Sorry I missed the party last night if there was one, but we were all involved sorting out those blooming LED's for our kitchen on the internet and Dave was standing behind me, so I could hardly spend any time in here, especially not in this thread for obvious reasons So he's now woken up, or rather, he hasn't woken up, clutching his head, coz he's got a migraine. I've slapped an ice pack on his head, filled his water and shut the door and hopefully, he will surface by 6pm tonight - poor Dave he does suffer with these

I don't really know what I'm up to today as of yet, but I'm sure something will come along to keep me busy. Hope you and the doglets are all doing fine, and have a nice day planned, or maybe just the usual daily drudge at work. Hope they moved your son for you Chris, and I hope all our poorly dog's paws are well on the mend now, and I know you'll be all excited today Lynn looking forward to Gorden coming home tomorrow!

Enjoy your day everyone
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Morning H, and all
We most definetly need more days in the weekend.
A friend phoned last night who I havn't seen for a couple of months (although we keep in touch every few weeks by phone) and invited me round for cofee and danish pastry, so I am going off to see her this morning, (I mean who can resist a danish pastry) then back here lunch time, walk the dogs and work.
Its Raining again and I have everyone in the SW and other flooded areas in my thoughts, just praying it stops for you soon, please take care.
Lynn only one more sleep
H, I hope Dave gets rid of his migraine soon, he really does suffer poor chap. Have they done a scan to try and give answers as to why?
Have a good Monday everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Morning Helena,morning all

Poor Dave,migraine's are awful,I suffer terrible with them,leaves me feeling totally exhausted and feeling like I have been hit by a bus,hope he feels better later.

Luke was having a panic attack this morning in case his college was closed but couldn't find any info so off he's gone,Tom's just gone out to school and been told to stay away from the lake & river and walk through town instead,whether he will or not remains to be seen and I can just imagine what state he will get back in later if he walks the lake way!
Lizzie isn't in college today and off out with her b/f later.

Have some washing to catch up with later,nothing else planned.

It's not raining here this morning but very soggy & muddy,

Have a good day all x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Good morning!

Haha hope those lights are sorted now H
Thanks for your thoughts Bev it is pretty grim down here but hopefully will ease in the next day or two.
I have heard of two people killed and damage to lots of property and trees.
Ironing for me today
Enjoy your Danish Bev,
Everyone stay safe and enjoy your day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Good morning Helena, Sal, Bev and all who follow.

Well, it never rains but what it pours. The ward Gary is on has what looks like Norovirus and Gary has it. The move is off for what looks like at least a week. He looked dreadful yesterday when I went and is very grumpy. One good thing to come out of it is that I've not been too happy with his confusion and really grumpy mood so the nurse is having a word with the doctor today. I'm just hoping that they don't close the ward to visitors

It's chucking it down at the moment, but I'm hoping it dries a little in the next hour so we can get a proper walk in with Rosie before I set off.

I do hope that none of you are affected by the floods - take care everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Morning

It's a rotten morning here, all wet and dark.

Poor Dave, I do hope he feels better soon.
Poor Gary too, that must be horrible.

I hope everyone affected by floods is safe today.

I went to bed last night and knocked a whole glass of water all over the place. Not a good start to sleeping!

Just about to start the school/dog routine but we are inundated with "buy me for Christmas" ads on TV, so all I'm hearing is: "can I have that?"
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh Chris, poor you and poor Gary. I hope Gary feels better soon and can get that move. Thinking of you x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Morning All

Hugs to Dave and Gary xxxxxxxx hope they both feel better soon

Well whats going on here other than the miserable weather, firstly Patrick was going to give away his Daewoo nothing wrong with it and body work is brill....so why I asked would you give it away some nonsense about it being his brother he was going to give itto, just didn't cut it with me..........mainly because his brothers NEVER give him anything for nothing and in this day and age people can not afford to give things away.......so I stuck it on Ebay.
Thankfully yesterday it sold within 2 hours at ''Buy Now'' price so Im rather delighted.
Then he's asking me to deal with the buyers

so Im realizing that my hubby is stuck in a timewarp of the days when beads were used for trading and grunts and growling plus dragging females to your cave were all in order
God knows where he will be if I snuff it He hasn't a clue

Tomorrow we face a 3 hour interview as Im changing over to Local authority from agency fostering, the agencies just are not paying the money anymore infact putting in their last tender to LA in April us foster carers are facing £200 less in our money, plus they have stopped any money towards taking children on holidays ....to much a chunk to justify, so we are being assessed all over again.....hope we sail through (fingers crossed)

So with all that...............I'll say god morning folks and hope your day goes well
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Morning all, well we have just beat the weather, its starting to rain here , no surprise there then.

Millie s settled for the day, I am about to have my morning coffee, then will get started , not sure what I am up to yet.

Have a good and safe one all
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Morning Nechda, morning everyone

I feel a bit guilty now as the skies are clear and it is very pleasant after a few grotty days, so I am able to open all windows and trissim and not have to have the lights on all day. And enough hot water without panicking that it will run out half way through a shower. And I feel so sorry for everyone who is flooded or at risk of flooding. Sort of puts my leaking ensuite roof/ceiling into perspective.

This morning I telephoned about my new couch and was told that it was put on hold but things should be back to normal, so do not worry as the suppliers will telephone me a couple of days before it is delivered.

Yes. But. Exactly when will they telephone me and when will they deliver it?

Poor Dave, I do hope he feels better soon - has he ever been able to find out what triggers his migraines? Took me years but with the help of The Migraine Trust [no idea if it still exists] I learned my triggers and also warning signs so I could do everything I could to avoid a full-blown migraine.

Chris - poor Gary - it must be absolutely horrid for him and because he cannot be moved it is horrid for you having to make such a journey to see him.

Keep safe, warm and dry everyone.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »