Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi all.
Lynn I think you should take some pics of the windbreaks Poor Gorden having to leave so early hope he has a good journey. Have a good chat to the neighbourhood watch type lady. She might be able to help with noise nuisance. Our local rep is very good at settling problems.
Bev hope you have a good day at work
Morning Helena Lol at you, Dave and Dunelms. Can never drive past without thinking of you! Good luck to Dave on Friday, with or without tie
Morning Rose, fingerless gloves in this weather seems unbelievable!
Morning Mandy childminding and working....you've got more stamina than me
Morning Malka

Housework now, life is so boring Speak later x

who am I to argue! I was surprised a few weeks ago to sell two pairs of children's wool mittens but some folk do their Christmas shopping on their holidays.
And the US lot are chilly in our warmest weather, ditto the Australians.

They buy I make! I make them so pretty they are irresistible... cabled rib and rich colours and I begged a big bag of assorted buttons at one charity shop..they make great decorations and are high fashion.

All set for tomorrow. Almost three crates of jam labelled and ribboned and ready to load in the morning.

Took a leisurely coffee outside and of course the dogs found me, which was great as there was some quality time. Wee dog is very puzzled by collie now and not very happy with her but she has always been like this.

Glorious day.... too hot to be out long but that was very pleasant indeed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i have just been looking on zooplus as they have a sale on and i saw this
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...ing_pad/280452
and thought of dillon, we have the ones that you fill with water but Dillon being a big lad would probably need about 4 of those Lol. i have ordered another juliusk9 harness off zooplus as they are the cheapest at the moment and pup walks so well in it
I thought of one of those but Da Booga has never had a bed so would not know what it is for. When she is too hot she goes and finds the coolest bit of the stone floor that she can, then shifts to a cooler bit. She was rather upset last night that it was too hot on the bed [she is a velcro dog at the moment] so I ended up putting the air-con on which suited her fine!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Quite cool here this morning, doubt we'll see much sun, but its not cold. Will be taking Mabs and Keshi onto the country park this morning for a run round, not sure about Cariad and Lona, either the river or the field.
I was saying to Lynn about a cool bed for Dillon the other day, but didn't know much about them or where they came from. Got Mabs one of those K9 harnesses from Zooplus, it hasn't made any difference to her walking so she is back in the gentle leader as there is no way I can have a 30+kg dog deciding to chase something, she is very good actually, but as this habit of sort of leaning into the harness, she is the lightest of them all, but still not a lightweight. Only problem with Zooplus is that they use Yodel for delivery, who have their own agenda. The very day they actually delivered the harness their website was still saying they were collecting it, meanwhile I had had notification from Zooplus saying they had collected it. Then they left me a card saying they couldn't deliver because I was out, I phoned the number on the card, left a message, no call back, but someone appeared on a Sunday, at long last, with my parcel. I use the harness on Mabs when she is offlead so's I can grab her if need be as otherwise it would be wasted.
Hope your visitor helps out with the dreadful night you had on Saturday, Lynn. Not looking good for Engerland already as far as the football is concerned so you may well not have any repercussions, or if you do they will be short lived. Fingers crossed on the windbreaks and the noise puts Dillon off investigating whats behind them. Gordon will need an early night after his 6am start, because I doubt they do nanny naps at work
Helena almost impossible to believe you ran into and out of Dunelms in minutes, although there was a slight detour in your route for the throw of course. Sounds like you're feeling better every day now, is the hospital visit this week,think it is isn't it, after they have sorted you out your life is going to be one heck of a lot easier. Maybe they'll let Dave wear a t shirt emblazoned with the company logo Everything is falling into place by the looks of it, and all fingers and toes crossed for you both, I am no longer crossed for anybody, so I can give you my full attention
Very pleased to hear you managed the hair wash Malka, once your neighbour is back I'm sure she'll be able to give it a really good scrub. Don't know if you have mobile hairdressers out there, but a good idea if there is such a thing. No news is good news as regards Pereg then. Now that collar is off things may improve for her as well, excellent news that the Bayer importers have already contacted you and not fobbed you off.
No travels with Tango today Nippy, or is that this afternoon. Have a nice day despite the housework, it won't go away unfortunately.
So you've got OH installed in front of the telly most of the day Mandy, at least you're at work and not having to watch it as well.
Had to giggle at the priest and the knife and glad it was only a glass he was looking to tap it on, Linda. Day sounded marvellous for Carys and Loki may well have slept the day away because the seizures must take it out of the poor lad, he is doing amazingly well isn't he.
Once I've done walks I'm hoping it stays dry whilst I do some painting on the arch and also the fence, then will be doing a tip trip with the jasmine and honeysuckle that I cut down, I will then be able to see the grass again, path needs swilling down as well, its all mud.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2014, 10:21 AM
No mobile hairdressers June but as I run my clippers over my head about once a month [on the #2 setting ] my hair is far too short for any kind of hairdresser!
Managed to get one of the plastic stools in front of the handbasin and leaned over with head under the tap and oh does it feel better now!

Also got an email from the Bayer people following the detailed questions on the telephone asking details to be emailed for them to send to Bayer US so have managed to give as much as I can - they wanted to know everything from when The Monster first appeared plus what she is fed on, general health etc so good thing I keep a sz diary.

But they have not admitted liability, just that she might have been one of the unlucky ones. Still their fault though for not putting full contra-indications on their leaflets.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Morning everyone, over close here today the sun breaks through the cloud yet not enough but I am not complaining.
Too many of you already posted to say Hello to all will read later.......just having toast before I o over to my Aunts.
So far.............I have returned my heart monitor to the hospital and have an appointment with the social worker for my Aunt this afternoon she is on the waiting list for extra care housing (my Aunt not the social worker ) - this should be the last step.

Would have liked to go into the garden today but will not have time I do not think. Maybe later this afternoon evening.
Had a lovely meal with friends yesterday but it tired me out being Fathers day it was louder than I thought in the pub (we forgot/did not think when we booked not one of us recalled the date
Anyhow I am going to eat my toast and drink my coffee and then head out it takes about an hour to get there. Just taking Bella out again before I go.

See you all later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Tawneywolf, have you tried a harness with 2 points of lead attachment? i had a fear agressive dog and walking with crutches couldn't have him kick off and pull me over, i got a behaviourist/trainer out to assess him and she got me to attach his lead to the front of his harness too, i could walk him easily and hold him when he was kicking off no bother, it is all to do with putting the dog in their correct balance, it was a ttouch lady i had, i got him a dog games perfect fit harness in the end and i have had one for the pup too but she is deffo better on the julius k9 and i use a bungy attachment for when she runs and gets to the end of the lead as being 8 months old and having had good recall she is now deciding that me calling her means to come back when she feels like it... so she will stay on her lead again until she learns Lol
Lynn, both my old dogs liked the cool beds i had and even the cat does but it does scare me that he might put his claws through it!!! 2 out of the 3 dogs i have had absolutely hate water, i discovered my pup doesn't like water after i had struggled to fill up her paddling pool, i popped her in it and you would think i had thrown her in acid the way she reacted Lol
Malka, hope bayer reimburse you for all your losses
debating calling the dr, i went friday for a rash and they gave me cream, it wasn't my dr but another one who didn't look at my history so knows nothing of the disease i have, the cream isn't working and i am getting to thinking i am having a flair up but i don't want to waste the drs time and i don't want to have to argue to get an appointment with my dr (she is very popular and never has any appoinments) i think i will wait until i see my mum an ask her opinion on things
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Morning - just!

Photos here - I started a new thread to save space on here:

Communion Photos

Loki had a slow walk this morning but he gave me that waggy tail so he's feeling much better thanks for all the good wishes. And thanks for all the good wishes for the Communion too.

Oh I am shattered!

I haven't caught up with everything (sorry!) but see that Dave has an interview on Friday so fingers crossed for him.

Have a great day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Morning June hope you get the walk with the girls. It is dry here for now but keeps having a drizzle.
I gave up with Zoo plus due to Yodel complete waste of space.
Morning Kazz. You sound tired today after you trip out yesterday. A quiet relaxing day sounds in order.

Well Prue one the home watch people turned up I asked if she was fine with big dogs of course she said. Dillon had is collar and harness on ready for his lead and he went into the hall and she wasn't that big. Maybe I need to re-phrase are you ok with giant dogs.
Paid my £3.00 for my stickers and am on the email list. She had heard about the commotion from Saturday night into Sunday but didn't know much else at this time.
Wind breaks holding up and the fence is now completely down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Morning Linda glad Loki seems on the mend.
Seen the photos they are lovely.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Very warm out there; 19 and rising and set to be 24 tom orrow. I will roast....no umbrella...

Took my meal outside but too hot to stay out.. shared with the dogs. Collie cannot see the titbits but she soon snuffles them out and has gone back to the shed now to sleep.

She too hates beds; chooses the floor.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »