Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:02 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread; Friday

Being very presumptuous and I m sure someone will start this as soon as I did!

Morning all here and to come.

Reading there has been snow in the night..will look at the mountains when it is light... woken before midnight by ferocious gales. Should have known as Sum Sum was missing at evening feed time and he vanishes in bad weather.. Needless to say he was wailing at the door as soon as I put the light on downstairs....

Forecast is for ice and snow all weekend.. So hunkering down here for the duration with handwork and books and of course Dogsey.....
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Morning Rosebud, morning all

Just about to get ready for work. It's freezing here this morning so going to have to leave early so I can defrost the car.

By all accounts there was a spectacular vision of the Northern Lights last night but I was in the detachment so didn't see it Always the ruddy way!

Anyway, work today and then chilling tonight watching TV I think. Tomorrow I have to go get some sweets and stuff for the detachment but other than that housework is the order of the day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Morning Rosebud, Lorraine and everyone

Yes, just seen on the news Lorraine that they reached down as far as Sussex here, I wish I'd gone outside with Zena last night I might well have seen them in my lovely clear skies here, but hey ho, I didn't. These are on my bucket list too.

Very busy day planned here after walking Zena up the top. We've finally got permission to drive in the park at 10 am so we'll be taking that fridge up there and getting the van ready for occupation tomorrow. Not looking forward to such a hard morning's work, but once it's done, that'll be it for another week, so I can't complain really.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and I'll maybe pop in later if I can. Enjoy your Friday, at least the week-end is looming now.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Morning Helena.. Morning Lore

Going under the blankets a while as I cannot get warm this morning..

Sounds the same there as here

Used to live on a Far North Island and the Merrie Dancers were a frequent sight that never failed to entrance

Back later and stay safe in the ice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning Rose, Lorraine and Helena.
Dry here this morning so far and very cold.
Housework and shopping today hope the car starts it hasn't been used since last week. Shopping today to stock me up and Gorden and Michael for the week saves us doing it at the weekend.
Good luck at the van Helena.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Morning

I hope you manage to stay warm Rosebud, with that weather over there.

What a shame you missed the lights Lore. Drive safely today.

Never mind Helena - you can have an extra long nanny nap after all that hard work, all cosy and warm.

I hope your car starts Lynn, so that you can get all that shopping.

Isn't it meant to be the last day of winter today? Looking out there, it looks like the first day. It's another horrible wet day.

At least the house is reasonably tidy though after my efforts yesterday. Apart from my room, that is, so I might have a bash at that! I might make a soda bread but I'll have to get some buttermilk first.

Take care everyone and "hi" to anyone who comes while I'm writing this.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Morning all.
I don't think I would have seen the Northern lights, I'm so far south and it was so cloudy here last night.
Pouring with rain this morning, oh well it could be snow
I'm going to have a day turning out my drawers no not those
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
I don't think I would have seen the Northern lights, I'm so far south and it was so cloudy here last night.
Pouring with rain this morning, oh well it could be snow
I'm going to have a day turning out my drawers no not those
Just went out to put a wash on, in the utility, and the mountains so pretty with snow.. then in came dramatic dark cloud and the heavens opened. Visible weather streaming in and a loud deluge now.

Bitter cold out there.

Took some photos so about to get them in here off the digital
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Morning all - lovely and sunny out but like an icebox indoors and I am stil trying to thaw out my hands after being elbow deep in a sink full of chicken backs which had to be packed individually for freezing. Da Booga sat watching me with that hopeful look of a starving dog but I was strong enough not to give in!

The laundry basket is overflowing but it can wait as I am already kernakkered from the chicken stuff - need to grate a load of veggies as well but I think that coffee and ketchup is desperately needed so I will do those l a t e r...

Hope everyone is OK and that you all manage to do what you need to do today, and that the sick bay will be empty tonight!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:12 AM

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »