Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2013, 06:58 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday)

again. They keep coming round don't they ?

Haven't popped onto last nights thread so sorry if I have missed anything important it is due to the fact that Dillon had a lie-in today. So I didn't get up till gone half six.
I am trying to dry my wellies out on the radiator this morning I used them yesterday morning and left them in the garden for the mud to dry off on the bottom but when we came back from our afternoon stroll I used my other boots Dillon got home and decided to throw my wellies about the garden.
I put them on the wall out of his way and of course forgot about them.
This morning he goes out and stands looking at them then at me as if to say mum you left your wellies out and we have had some rain overnight what are you gonna do ?

I hope everyone is well today. Human and furry friends.
Bev I do hope that cough let up last night so you could get some rest and that you are generally feeling better.
Jenny that your tooth is still healing well.

Well it looks like road walk today as it is wet out there one day on the field then back to the roads such a shame.
Never mind Helena says next week Spring arrives so here's hoping it does.
Better move and do Gorden's breakfast and packed lunch and Dillon's breakfast.
Catch up later.
Have a safe and enjoyable Friday everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning Lynn and all

That Dillon is just priceless, bless him.

It's a bit milder here today and damp. I am taking my cousin back to his bungalow today to meet up with the solicitor, we also have to collect his artwork from the group he used to go to so will be away most of the day.

I hope you all have a good day!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning Lynn and Moet ..... and all who follow,

Lynn - Bless Dillon looking up at your wellies, he was probably actually asking you to put them at a height he could reach them Stuff them with newspaper and then put them on the radiator. Enjoy your walk.

Moet - good luck to you and your cousin and I hope you get everything sorted that you need to.

Milder and very damp here ..... actually just looked out and its raining properly now I had another wonderful night sleep and only woke up once when I rolled on to my left side which was uncomfortable. 'Tooth' appears to be healing well.

I hope you all have a good day and any poorly people or dogs are on the mend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry and everyone

Wet here too this morning, which is a real shame, cos my usual walk had dried out a treat but now it won't be. Then there's the garden up at the van, where we have to lug all the stuff back into it today, and I've got new carpet in there and there'll be mud, but I shall have to put some dust sheets all over.

Dave arrived home last night with news of all the flats he viewed, and basically, they're all tips that he said he would put the dog into I don't know where all the cheap flats have gone, but I suspect these hard up investors are snapping them all up to rent out, having given the agents a back hander, so it's only the couple they don't want that are left for Dave to take a look at and he's not daft enough to buy.

So then we looked at the retirement ones, but all of a sudden, instead of being "over 50" you now have to be "over 60" (just because he's decided to take this route of course!!). Then there's the loopholes with those of the ridiculous service charges and the fact that you can't sell them easily. So here we are, back to that camper van idea again. Even when you have the money, the mortgage etc. there are still problems it seems.

I'm going to do a spreadsheet today of all these options out there and see how much each one costs, because the way it was all going through my head last night when I was trying to sleep, everything would cost £5K a year to be there, but the mortgage one would have the mortgage on top, so it just doesn't seem sensible to me now, hence a sleepless night.

Hey ho, that's my worries for the day, hope you haven't got any and will be able to enjoy your Friday ready for the week-end looming (not forgetting Spring following closely behind! ).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

That Dillon is just priceless, bless him.

It's a bit milder here today and damp. I am taking my cousin back to his bungalow today to meet up with the solicitor, we also have to collect his artwork from the group he used to go to so will be away most of the day.

I hope you all have a good day!
Morning Gerri I hope the trip to the bungalow and with the solicitor goes well. Sounds like you are in for another busy day.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and Moet ..... and all who follow,

Lynn - Bless Dillon looking up at your wellies, he was probably actually asking you to put them at a height he could reach them Stuff them with newspaper and then put them on the radiator. Enjoy your walk.

Moet - good luck to you and your cousin and I hope you get everything sorted that you need to.

Milder and very damp here ..... actually just looked out and its raining properly now I had another wonderful night sleep and only woke up once when I rolled on to my left side which was uncomfortable. 'Tooth' appears to be healing well.

I hope you all have a good day and any poorly people or dogs are on the mend.
Morning Jenny glad to hear the tooth is doing well. Damp here too such a shame just when the weather was looking up.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Gerry and everyone

Wet here too this morning, which is a real shame, cos my usual walk had dried out a treat but now it won't be. Then there's the garden up at the van, where we have to lug all the stuff back into it today, and I've got new carpet in there and there'll be mud, but I shall have to put some dust sheets all over.

Dave arrived home last night with news of all the flats he viewed, and basically, they're all tips that he said he would put the dog into I don't know where all the cheap flats have gone, but I suspect these hard up investors are snapping them all up to rent out, having given the agents a back hander, so it's only the couple they don't want that are left for Dave to take a look at and he's not daft enough to buy.

So then we looked at the retirement ones, but all of a sudden, instead of being "over 50" you now have to be "over 60" (just because he's decided to take this route of course!!). Then there's the loopholes with those of the ridiculous service charges and the fact that you can't sell them easily. So here we are, back to that camper van idea again. Even when you have the money, the mortgage etc. there are still problems it seems.

I'm going to do a spreadsheet today of all these options out there and see how much each one costs, because the way it was all going through my head last night when I was trying to sleep, everything would cost £5K a year to be there, but the mortgage one would have the mortgage on top, so it just doesn't seem sensible to me now, hence a sleepless night.

Hey ho, that's my worries for the day, hope you haven't got any and will be able to enjoy your Friday ready for the week-end looming (not forgetting Spring following closely behind! ).
Morning Helena. Wouldn't a nice easy sleep be lovely. I have a constant banging headache at the moment with all these damn annoying worrying things going round in my head.
I hope you can come to some better solutions for Dave's predicament.

Wellies are dry didn't take long on the radiator. Can't of rained much and with Dillon's quick thinking they will be ready to wear for our walk in a bit.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I had a really good nights sleep last night. I slept at least 5 hours , which is very good for me and it was quality sleep not broken as it normally is. Consequently I feel much better today. I still have a cold, but its a normal cold now, so I can cope with that. My goodness I have never had anything like I did have and never want it again.

Lily and I went on a nice long walk this morning, but i don't know what she was doing during the night as I just noticed in her bed she had taken her favourite 3' long snake and then got a cushion off the sofa and put it at the end of her bed for her head .

Not going to mums this morning as I normally do on a Friday as I don't want them to catch what I had, but must go and do some shopping and pay my rent this morning and then work this afternoon. Still at least its Friday .

Lynn that made me laugh about Dillon.

H, sorry to hear about the problem Dave had finding a flat.

Jenny glad to hear your tooth is healing well.

Take care all and have a good day.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Morning

Glad you got a lie-in Lynn.

No such luck here. Idiot Loki chewed up my slipper yesterday (a protest because I didn't take him out in the car with me ) and kept being sick in the evening and night. Last night's dinner came up this morning, together with pieces of slipper. Serves him right!

My poor feet are freezing this morning now I have no cosy slippers.

Have a good day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2013, 08:30 AM

Chilly again this morning and I think it might rain later. Woke with a start this morning, peered at the clock and thought ohmywotsits it is 8.45am so very late for Pereg's pill. Fell off the bed in the rush to get to the kitchen, bashed into doorframes etc on the way there and back, sleepyface opened one eye, took the pill, and I was thinking too late to go back to bed so better think of getting washed and dressed.

Checked the clock again at it was not 8.45am but only 6.45am so heaved over her and adda nuvver bit ovva kip.

First of the month - turned calendar over and wrote down the number of days for Pereg and then Frontlined her - it will be monthly now until and including November, as December and February I do not Frontline her. She is so good about it - sees the box and comes straight over and sits with her head bent slightly down so I can "do" her.

Hope everyone has a good day with no disasters.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Morning everyone, Haven't read back but hope you are all good.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Morning all I have not really got the wayofitall to keep my eyes open and red the posts.
Just in from work and off to bed have a good day all.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »