Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Good morning one and all. Good luck with the test Myra hope the old kitty is OK at the vets. Love the cats Rosebud we have a doppelganger of the lower one I have mentioned him in despatches before, he is the old fat one who sits outside giving the local birdies squeezy looks (He is far too idle and spoilt to do anything else). Missed posting yesterday as was clipped and dipped and taken shopping by the Memsahib, she made me visit the village barber before going as she said I looked like something wild off the hills that she'd managed to get a rope on!! Sadly as you may have gathered by now I'm no dazzling Urbanite. It would seem that I am, however, a vital member of a well disciplined shopping duo. She is the one with strange tastes and expensive desires, and I'm the one with the wallet! As funds are now somewhat depleted I thought I might apply for a job (although I am retired) I thought perhaps just something occasional - I have heard there is a part time post available as a chicken-back-packers assistant in the Northern Negev I dont suppose the pay is great but at least they are getting better weather there than up here on t'moors. Apparently the only thing you have tolook out for is the Company K9 who is to frozen chicken pieces what Raffles was to diamonds. So its off out with the grimly dingoes and then a bit more 1-2-1 training with little Scout aka Princess Curly Pants, she is without doubt the bolshiest little madam on the planet. I have got to try and get her over her desire to chase cyclists and convince her that tackling loose Malamutes (when you are under a foot tall and only weigh 10lbs) is not a good thing. The latter encounter leaving her with a couple of holes in her back but not even a dint on what would seem to be an indomitable spirit. The only chance of winning that one would have been if she got stuck in its throat and choked it! All this said I do wish that people who know they have an irrascible dog would excercise a bit more common sense especially when the bldy thing is the size of a shetland pony. There is so much difference between getting nipped and getting dead not that either of these things are wanted or needed. The strange thing about this encounter was that although said large dog had started the brawl by grabbing said puppy, the owner when she actually caught up with her animal was incandescent with rage that Scout had had the guts to fight back. I avoided making any comment and just turned and walked away, in truth I didn't trust myself to make any reply as expletives were very near to the surface and we can all do without that sort of thing. Well thers never a dull moment! Bye fer now.
This one is a killer; never seen him do it but the way he lurks and licks his lips ..When I let him out I call to the birds tp watch out as KILLER is around and there have been FEATHERS and WINGS in MY HOUSE. last year one of a pair of siskins too...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Meant to say what a clever boy Jimmi is remembering his saviour.
I prefer Gorden not too cook it takes me ages to clear up.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
All this talk of OH's cooking. Mine used to be a Cook Sergeant in the Territorial Army for donkeys years but you wouldn't know it now. The only thing he ever cooks is a curry every few months If I'm not home at any time for his meals I have to either find something simple & sort all the stuff out for him or get some left overs out of the freezer he can warm up & then I have to tell him how to do it
He used to be in charge of cooking quite elaborate meals for the Dinners there etc as well as the normal weekend stuff & was apparently very good at it -- according to him anyway
Hmmm, perhaps you should hint that you don't believe that he could cook at all, and it might spur him to lay on a complete banquet for you!

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
yes i was going to add that. I never heard that but someone near me said it was like tearing paper.

I well remember some nights standing outside in my wellies ankle deep in mud, rapt watching the Merrie Dancers and unable to go back indoors.

The forecast is for clear skies and frost which is ideal conditions so maybe... We were so far north of course..Light at midnight in summer and hardly light at all in winter.
I would not have been able to go back inside either - it must be mesmerising to watch.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Sally and everyone.
Gorden text at 4.34pm to say he was leaving London he got in around 8.15pm. Right in the middle of Corrie a mad dog, trying to do pizza. pour wine and make a cuppa while watching Corrie. Then a lorry only a smallish one big ones not meant to come down our road sat outside the cottage engine running vibrating through the cottage seemed they were lost so in the Gorden went out to ask them to turn the engine off if they were going to be there some time but he said they were just leaving which they did.
Oh Lynn you poor soul - Corrie should be sacrasanct and with all that lot going on you probably have no idea what happened unless you managed to catch +1. When HL was still working I absolutely hated it when he took over the kitchen, but when he retired I had to give in for general peace and harmony.........plus there are only so many curries I can eat, and I don't like sausages or pies!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all, and I am so envious of those who managed to see the "lights" last night - I am the sort of person who sits for ages watching for shooting stars on the nights when they are two a second and barely spot one out of the corner of my eye. Mind you, having said that, when Bitz and I used to trundle across the hill and fields in the dark before going to the kennels we sometimes saw the most spectacular meteor showers. That was some years ago now, perhaps my eyes need attention

Rosebud, I love those photos........absolutely beautiful scenery; the sort which looks spectacular no matter what the weather is doing.
Gordon I too love your posts, and I have every sympathy with you over the problem of irresponsible owners. It is the bane of every dog owners life I think, and walks would be so relaxing and generally stress free if people showed a little sense occasionally. As for having to dust off your depleted wallet occasionally, well, you KNOW it is necessary to keep the Memsahib on side in order to maintain the care and attention that you have clearly become used to! Just think, you might have to make your own gin and tonics, or cook or something

Jenny that's good that the car is all safe for another year, and crated up ready for those naughty dogs! You must long for a hot summer with no sludge or mud to affect them, especially Flash.

Only a few minutes til Corrie so will now have to just say a quick hello to everyone else.

On our walk this morning, in the rain natch, Jimmi spotted a woman in a funny hat walking towards us, with a large shopping bag that looked sort of monsterish. He began to look worried and was about to hide behind my legs when his whole body language suddenly changed............eyes went wide and sweet, ears went back, tail stump whirred like the proverbial windmill. The woman said hello to him and walked on, whereupon Jimmi flatly refused to keep walking and insisted on following her. What the heck I thought Then I had a lightbulb moment and much to the Jimsters delight I rushed after the woman and asked her if she was the same lady who brought him home after he got out a few weeks back. Yes indeedy it was, and to prove it she produced a treat and fed it to him before I could stop her (this was how she got him to follow her back to our house, but actually he is not supposed to have anything but fish and veg). The little cupboard loving toe rag remembered those treats Funny how things stick in their minds.

Corrie
Thank you,, some days there are no mountains, just walls of water flying sideways and just after i took the photos, white out...sometimes there are clouds climbing the mountains too,,
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Meant to say what a clever boy Jimmi is remembering his saviour.
I prefer Gorden not too cook it takes me ages to clear up.
If truth be told LYNN,I really don't like anyone clearing up Like to know that everything is clean and put in its rightful place. Better than listening to "where does this go"?every two seconds
Hope you enjoyed your pizza!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Me too Sally. I watched for ages during the last meteor shower and saw absolutely nothing. it was really good, by all accounts.
Once spent hours sitting out in the cold to see a publicised meteor shower then went to bed disgruntled.. and learned the next day they had given the wrong date and it had been the night before.. never tried it since!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Hello Eileen, where have you been? HLs idea of clearing up is not the same as mine He is hopeless at it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Just popped in to say goodnight. I watched Jonathan Creek all the way through until 5 minutes from the end and missed it ...... I fell asleep How annoying is that!! Never mind. I asked OH what happened and he was asleep too.

Sleep well all and see you tomorrow.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hello Eileen, where have you been? HLs idea of clearing up is not the same as mine He is hopeless at it.
Hey SALLY
Was having our Friday night take away Hubby has gone to bed now so I'll have a wee catch up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Goodnight JENNY,sleep well
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >