View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Ahh Lynn there is a difference. This is not 'making you feel guilty' if you don't GO there for Xmas. This is a sort of 'shame on the family' thing if you don't STAY IN THEIR HOUSE if you do go there!

Mart & Mon spend every other Xmas in Poland but have missed the past 2 so they will definitely be there this year.

As for the weather - the bit of Poland Monny comes from is closer to Berlin Airport than any Polish airport and the Xmas photos show they have knee deep snow every Xmas they are there. You might know it - Zary? Close to the border with Germany.

Hmmm... Am thinking now how lovely it was being in Berlin at the 5 star Radisson Blu a few Xmasses ago! lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I know! And they have CARP for dinner on Xmas day and everyone just has to go to Church
OMG you just reminded me of that Yes Carp is actually a nice tasting fish but the BIG problem (As you know) is the bones, thousands of them. I perservered for many years, and when we moved here permantly in 2004 we tried it for a couple of years but now it's banned in our house Even OH (Who is fiercely nationalistic) has gone over to roast turkey and says it's far better.

Czechland is not as religious as Poland, those that believe are mainly Catholic but OH's familly didn't go to church on Christmas day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:00 PM
I think maybe you are going to have to go on holiday for yourself or stay at home and upset everyone.
Its so difficult trying to keep everyone happy.
Go see Santa and sit on his knee.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I cannot see myself being reunited with my son, I really can't. What he has done is way beyond forgiveness in my mind. He has plundered my savings, he has lied and deceived me, he has stolen from me and he has left me in debt.
FWIW I totally agree with you on this. Thank God you have your dogs, they will never let you down.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:08 PM
LOL Harvey, they may eat me out of house and home but they do it blatantly and with a smile on their faces and never pretend to be doing otherwise
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Taffsmum, it never ceases to astound me just how much tea/coffee and biccies workmen can get through in one day. I do hope that you bought more than one packet, and that they were choccy ones.
Two packs of Chocolate digestives & a box of Mr Kipling cakes. That should see him through till lunchtime
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OMG you just reminded me of that Yes Carp is actually a nice tasting fish but the BIG problem (As you know) is the bones, thousands of them. I perservered for many years, and when we moved here permantly in 2004 we tried it for a couple of years but now it's banned in our house Even OH (Who is fiercely nationalistic) has gone over to roast turkey and says it's far better.

Czechland is not as religious as Poland, those that believe are mainly Catholic but OH's familly didn't go to church on Christmas day.
They are Kaffliks Losos! And very religious - I will be taking more Greek Orthodox Religious Icons for their xmas pressies - they do so love them especially the beaten silver ones of the Virgin and Child! I was Kafflik too once upon a time but fear I am well excommunicated by now and would describe myself more as an atheist or at best an agnostic these days.So am I (in theory) lol!

I've heard tales of the huge carp being kept swimming in the bath until they were ready to cook it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
As for the weather - the bit of Poland Monny comes from is closer to Berlin Airport than any Polish airport and the Xmas photos show they have knee deep snow every Xmas they are there. You might know it - Zary? Close to the border with Germany.
I just checked and they are about 100 miles North of us (We are near Liberec)

Yes of course you do get snow in December but in all honesty I've observed that the really deep snow usually comes in January, but as we know the weather is never the same from one year to another so I had best not be too pedantic about this

4 to 6 inches is considered nothing around here
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I just checked and they are about 100 miles North of us (We are near Liberec)

Yes of course you do get snow in December but in all honesty I've observed that the really deep snow usually comes in January, but as we know the weather is never the same from one year to another so I had best not be too pedantic about this
4 to 6 inches is considered nothing around here
Monny couldn't BELIEVE UK Kids sometimes don't have to go to school when it's been snowing! She said 'we would have been able to stay home most of the winter every year in Poland if schools closed when it snowed!'

And when I spent the run up to Xmas in Berlin - even before Xmas it was snow snow snow everywhere. Made it very xmassy tho! And their Christmas Markets knock spots off the watered down versions in the UK. Ice rinks and the works!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:17 PM
TW, I really hope that your ex son can be made to pay back what he has stolen from you. As Harvey says, at least you have your girlies and they are trying so hard to be good for you aren't they.

I do have to disagree though Harvey about them never letting you down...........the Jimster frequently lets me down
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >