Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 07:28 AM

Daily Dogsey Thread (Saturday)

Good Morning all. Thank you all for your commiseration over my losses at this time of year but everyone remembers their loved ones two and four legged at this time as it is when you miss them most. Griff maybe if the chocolates haven't worked try the opposite be as obnoxious as she is and go in and demand an appointment with no ifs or buts and tell her you are going to report her attitude.

Lynn, your visit to Essex seemed very practical and comforting. I hope Gill gets her results next Tuesday and doesn't have to wait until after Christmas that would be cruel.

Well I guess it is time to get Amber out for her run, expecting a lot more rain later. Oh such fun for walking dogs in NOT! It has to be done.

Have a good day all, do take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Morning all, just woken up
I will come back later when I am more awake
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Bright morning here but a red sky out the back so not sure what nasties that holds. None hopefully.

Moyra I was going to reply last night but didn't get round to it.
I do not spend much time at the graves too far now lovely vase of flowers by their picture on special occasions birthdays etc., and a quick word to them. Also sometimes just random times through the year.
We were always at Angela's grave when I was small but of course mum and dad wanted to tend it every week she is their daughter and then when dad gave up his car I took over with mum then mum became unwell and time was taken up with hospital and doctors so our brother stepped in. Youngest brother. Peter will not do the extra few miles journey for Gill then she became ill she visits when she can on Anniversaries as does our eldest brother Michael but like me he is as far away as I am.
Gill and I always try to do Christmas as we make time for each other too and always remember our nan the boys don't and she is only a few steps away from mum and dad.
My point is I use to feel guilty but now realise as we get older we cannot always do it and we are getting older and life gets in the way. Memories are stronger. I like to think they are not at that grave. Just the carcass that eventually failed them their spirit and soul are elsewhere in our memories and hopefully in a better place.
Feel sad especially at Christmas if you love someone it cannot be helped but do not be sad for long.

Hope everyone is well and doglets are well too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Yes, Lynn you are so right, they are not there only their bodies remain although after 48 years I suspect not much of dads remains are there now, bless him but as you say his spirit goes on and I often think of my dogs that have passed too and had their ashes scattered in Cambridge.

Come 1st Dec. I am going to try to get into the spirit of Christmas and remember those who were important to me with joy not sorrow. I must go and check out my Tesco orders now as I have three already booked this side of Christmas but I am uncertain of the freezer space I shall have.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Sorry forgot to say hello Jenny, hope all is well with you and Brian this weekend. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Lol hi Moyra, and Lynn.
Just been to the shop, it is very cold even though it is dry.
I see in the paper that we are going to be lashed with rain and winds again this weekend, especially Devon and Cornwall. I want to to say but I love wind and rain soooo
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Dry and clear this morning, we are forecast heavy rain later, no idea if I'll get the girls out or not as it keeps changing when it is due, so I'll go with the flow.
I feel so much less tense now that kitchen floor has gone, didn't realise until I slept well last night and didn't find myself holding onto the newel post of the bannisters when I stepped off the stair into the kitchen this morning
Once Allun has swopped things around for me in the kitchen (thats Monday's job) then I'll start looking at flooring to see what I fancy, thinking of going very basic, of white and black chequerboard effect, although I did see some lovely bleached wood effect stuff, but it has to be totally not slippy before I reach for my card, I've got a lot of nil percent space on my card now that I've paid a fair amount off it, and I may as well use it if I think about it logically, it finishes in December/January next year, and its not going to cost that much surely,anyhow will find out next week as I'm going to shop around and see whats about.
Nippy I love the wind and the waves. When ex OH was in Portsmouth I used to get the late ferry over to Gosport and one night it was really rough and I was sat in this little boat really enjoying it, he said most women would have been sat crying
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Nippy, June and all who follow

You obviously needed the lie in Nippy hope you feel better for it.

Hope the rain holds of for you June

Christmas is always a sad time when you remember those who you loved but they would not want you to be unhappy so remember the good times.

Hope Gill's results are in by Tuesday Lynn.

Bright and sunny here today with a slight ground frost. Teazle walked and more sprouts picked and frozen. Another 5 bags of leaves out of the garden so a run to the tip is in the offing next week!

Hope Mandy and Griff are felling better today.

Have a good day and stay safe.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Good day everyone. Not much activity on here today - so hope that this bodes well and eeryone is busy at home or with the "C" shopping.
Weather here is vile, I've just come back in with the dogs and towelled them all off. We have had wintry showers and a really gusty wind. Everywhere is sodden - the ground doesn't seem to be able to take any more water and has just turned into a quagmire.
Still, home now safe and sound, everyone dried and given their food and with a bit of luck peace will reign until around midnight when they get their last outing of the day.
Must have been a very good year for foxes - blasted things are all over the place - drives the dogs daft, they have to be closely watched to make sure they don't sneak off for a bit of foxhunting on their own! To a one they absolutely despise their vulpine cousins. Some deep rooted atavistic feelings in there, obviously!
Enjoy the rest of your day and evening everyone, looks like we have guests for dinner (The Mem reminded me about an hour ago - I, as usual, had forgotten). Hope they can steer theirselves away from being boring. Wouldn't like to do a "Dormouse" and fall asleep during the festivities.
May well be back much later, bye fer now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Weather is bad here too LG, no one's gone anywhere, went out at lunch to hand out bones and do the beds and they all shuffled round me rather than go outside in the rain, except Zen of course, but they pick on her and steal her bone, so she would rather be in the rain than lose her lunch.
Just steaming their veg for tea and tomorrow's brekkie.Hoping I get a couple of dry hours middle of the day to go to training tomorrow, but not banking on it.
I agree there are a lot of foxes about, as you can smell them everywhere.
Hope your dinner goes well and do not fall asleep in mid sentence, very bad form, especially if you it is you that is speaking
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »