Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 07:15 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps.

Well, what a wild night it was here and I'm sat here watching Sky news and being told the storm hasn't hit yet, they're waiting for it to arrive with no less than 9 red alerts out What was that last night then, just a bit of wind and rain?? I think we might emigrate sometime soon. Thinking of you Jen and Jenny, we're in for another deluge.

I worry about my cliffs, cos I've never seen them so sodden with water when I walk along the paths up there, and the only place for it to go is down, which surely makes them wet and soggy and unstable being sandstone, so even my morning walk is getting dangerous, it could collapse underfoot, even though of course, I'm a few hundred yards inland. It's all so depressing and I really can't wait for Spring to arrive as I'm sure you can't.

We did the van yesterday, and have to say, my young couple have kept it a darn sight cleaner than any of my holidaymakers (but of course, they were on holiday, whereas these people are living in it I know). We cleaned and cleaned and dried, took out the fridge and dumped it, brought all the soft furnishings home, and I'm back up there today to take it all back stuffed into vacuum bags cos I just can't store anymore at home now that we've got 2 of them and don't have a spare room like I had at the other house. Then I can forget 'em and concentrate of MEEEE

I haven't a clue who's done what, or what's going on because I was so tired yesterday I didn't come on here at all.

Hope the sick bay is emptying out, especially with Lorraine and Sally's back, June's ribs, not forgetting your hand Lynn. Hope Gorden arrived home safely and you have a lovely week-end with him back home.

Enjoy the week-end all, I'll pop in later when Dave's tiling cos that's his mission today whilst I'm up at the van.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Morning Helena. The weather sounds awful where you are.
It is very wet here but thankfully we didn't have the wild winds. It is so depressing now and as you say people who are living near the coast must be heartily sick and tired of the battering's.
Good luck with the van and the tiling.
Gorden arrived home safely thank you. Dillon acted the loony tune although we did feel he settled quicker last night. He knows its Friday from 6pm onwards he keeps looking at the back door as if knowing Gorden is going to be coming in there in the next hour or two .

Hope all the poorly peeps are feeling better today. Stay safe if you are in one of the alert areas for weather today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Morning Helena and Lynn and any others that post before me. What a blustery wet night. It is going to be hopeless trying to walk Amber this morning but it has to be done. We'll see if we can find a bit of path that isn't flooded or muddy as hell.

Helena, I think you must be careful walking those cliff tops now they are no doubt very unstable.

Lynn, hope the hand is still improving.

Have a good day all, if you can that is, stay dry and warm and above all safe. God Bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi Helena .
Not such a bad night here, unless I slept through it
Poor you H be very careful when you are out whether you are on the cliffs or not.
Last night there were 15 red alerts for the South West but I haven't seen any news today yet.
Morning Lynn and Moyra
I hope all the poorlies are feeling a bit better today.
Back soon.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Morning Helena,Lynn
Hope all goes well with the tiling and van
Hope you have a great weekend with Gordon home ,and your had is still improving
Very grey and murky ,another day of rain n sleet probably
Yeaaa Fritz and Shasha home today not been home for 2weeks missed them ,it does mean they'll be bringing the oh home to lol
Anyone want 2weeks dirty washing
Hope all poorly peeps and doglets get better soon
Take care stay safe especially those on red alerts
Off for a coffee before the mad muppets arrive and chaos reigns once more
Have great weekend everyone what ever your up to xxxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I'm not sure what the weather was like overnight 'cos I was asleep however, the Thames has risen a lot and is over many of the neighbours frontages again I'm about to take the dogs out so I'll see what the Bourne levels are doing then.

Having my hair cut/parting coloured at 9.30 and then my brother is coming over around lunchtime. OH is out virtually all day and evening.

See you all later and I hope the sick bay is emptying this morning rather than filling up.

Enjoy your day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Morning H and all,

That wind and rain was horrendous wasn't it H. I have lost part of my fence between me and the field and my dustbin had made its way to the back gate spilling its contents on its journey. Luckily we still have our electric. The sound of that wind howling round the house last night was extrodinary and they say worse to come. . At least I don't get flooded here so really feel for those suffering.

Lyla is back to normal She rudely awoke me at 3am by creeping under the quilt and grabbing my feet with her sharp claws. After half hour I managed to get her to settle but at 4.45 she started again and I got up. She has been flying around at top speed ever since.

My washing machine will be working overtime today too Norma as I have loads of washing to get done and catch up with.

Nippy thinking of you down there I heard you had lots of Red alerts. Charly and Ash are driving to Wales tomorrow to see Leo at the rescue. Lets hope they can get through safely.

Moyra good luck trying to find a walk thats not Muddy.

Lynn glad Gordon got home ok. Enjoy your weekend together.

H, Take care on those cliffs they could be very unstable.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Morning Jenny, Sounds like you have a busy day. Hope things not going back to how they were with the flooding for you again. I thought of you last night as I lay there listening to the wind and rain.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Anyone want a really really naughty kitten who is like a child with a severe case of ADHD.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Morning all...

I too have no idea whats gone on, I did manage to get on a couple of times yesterday, but only briefly...

Hope the sick bay is getting empty from the poorlies, humans and pets.

It is SUNNY!!!! just for now..... maybe the calm before the storm. I think I am going to blitz my kitchen, it is hard work cos I am supposed to have a new one fitted, but rang out of money what with not working now.... also I need a new bathroom.... I have got one in the loft and spare room, but still need bits to get it done....note to self...."must not buy any more puppies till bathroom and kitchen is finished....."

Please stay safe and try to have a good weekend, I am still home alone, another very short weekend with eversuffering husband.....BUT the AB's seem to have done the trick xx
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »