Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 05:40 AM

Dogsey Daily thread. Wednesday

Good morning all.... quiet chilly morning here with thick purple clouds massing for the next deluge...been out looking at the garden and the slug damage breaks the heart so have fed the monsters well now .. Quiet day here for me..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Rose it is good to see you, we were so worried about you. I hope it will be a quiet day there for you. Try not to despair.

The morning is bright enough, not very warm as yet though. Have a good day all, God bless.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Rose it is good to see you, we were so worried about you. I hope it will be a quiet day there for you. Try not to despair.

The morning is bright enough, not very warm as yet though. Have a good day all, God bless.
Blessings and thanks.. Not despairing but so mad that so much has to be put into trying to sort this. I posted on yesterday's thread earlier today. Some of these old farmers... the curse of Ireland. On a positive note, a breakthrough with wee dog day before yesterday, I coaxed her into the kitchen ( all purpose room in Ireland) and then came upstairs to lie down. Upstairs is a no go area for dogs as I keep the cats here. Closed the stair gate but she started whining and crying. So I went down and before I could get the gate open, she was leaning on me through it crying and telling me her sad sad story...so then she asked to go out but instead of running to the shed, stopped at the door to the extension rooms. So I went through the house and in she came.. they used to sleep there before collies incontinence started so badly. I carried her bed in, having added a scrap of the old blanket collie died in and she settled there and slept and the same yesterday. She is such an emotional and fidgety creature. And I realise that she is almost TEN. So we are getting through the hard time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Morning Rose, Moyra and all who follow.

Glad collie seems a little better Rose sorry to hear things aren't going so well on the noise front.

Hope everyone is feeling better or in less pain than yesterday.

Just tidying here today may take a walk up the village shop for milk later and stop at the butcher for some eggs.
Gorden home this evening for his August holiday. Better hide the remote.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 06:38 AM
TW... I know you read a lot so can you read while using the HWB? I sit propped up on pillows a lot HWB at back and read and knit. I know you are a very very active person but sometimes we have to adjust to the effects of the passage of time and develop new focus. It can be challenging but rewarding.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Morning all.
If it was October I would be saying what a glorious morning! It is sunny and bright but oh so cold.
I have found that we have another brood of sparrows in the nesting box. I make that 4 this year now I'm so pleased, just means more seed etc through the winter
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Yesterday in Bexhill on Sea town centre I could not believe my eyes. There was this middle aged man wearing a long dress

True Talking to a friend apparently there is another as well with long spiky hair, yet to see that one
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Good morning

Hope the noise has now stopped for a while Rosebud and that wee dog is getting there. you will do it together.

Good morning Moyra hope your day goes well

Yes hide the remote Lynn. We have two, one was "broken" so got a replacement only to find the old one still worked so we have a battle of remotes at times

Hope it warms up for you Nippy

Lovely and sunny here and warmish, no need for a coat to walk Teazle. Plan on tidying the flower beds not done last week in a moment. Have put a chicken stew on in the slow cook pot and bread is doing in the bread maker. Coffee and a catch up and then out to the garden I think.

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Morning all
we have lovely hot sun!!!! I have missed that....might get my tan on later. Waiting for the British heart foundation to come and collect the laminate flooring, they said between 9&12, mum has called to check we are on the list as my dad carried all 17 packs down and stored them in the porch so i don't have to worry me about the dogs getting out or jumping on the men lol
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Glad someone has sun.... set to be in single figures tonight.. Just had a cop out letter from the council; must have really rattled their cage. If i had a crowbanger I would take it to his house or office and set it up there. No let up; they are stubborn old ****. Heard two crowbanger tales yesterday..old man with over 50 acres, sets a crowbanger up right outside his neighbours house... One night it gets broken.. WISH I COULD GET AT THIS ONE! Another old man drove his neighbours crazy with one.. I asked what happened" He died"Sounds good to me. Oh a farmer i know in the village explained yesterday all the ways to deaden the noise; told me where to but earplugs and what size and about ear muffs that play music. ANYTHING to avoid action! Is that rain? GEE!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »