View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Dizzi - does Layton have one of those lovely martingales that were at the Dogs unleashed by any chance? I managed to convince myself that Sadie's new tags wouldn't look right - because my dogs only have one collar! I did buy her a lovely pink slip lead though (although Louie's cheap wilko slip lead is better quality)

Leads are my thing anyway - my dogs have too many leads.

Tillymint, have you managed to have a look at Martingales, I forgot I'd asked you before Christmas about if you could make them?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I can see how the post has rubbed people up the wrong way, believe me I really can and it would surprise me greatly if that had been H's intention. I didn't take offence to it when I read it (although it does not surprise me that others did) mainly because I know that H is not an unkind person and I also know that she 'thinks out loud', which may explain why the post read as it did.
Yeah, I think if you know a person well to know their tone and how they say things you can take it differently to how others take how it was meant... it just didn't come across the best way, and sounded a bit patronising... if she didn't mean it then fair enough, but she then came back with another post with an attitude and accused others of being unfriendly, rather than just clearing up the misunderstanding... anyway, i think it is best forgotten and the thread can carry on how it is meant to...
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2011, 11:31 PM
3 million dollar collar?! What the...

I want to see who buys that collar, then I want to see them put it on their dog, then I want to see that dog run off and jump into the closest puddle of mud.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
my OH had a red leather one for his yellow very nearly white lab. after he went swimming we had a pink lab instead
Yes, we had a "Lesser Known Red Ring Necked English Springer Spaniel" for many months when I was a kid - until I finally managed to convince my parents to buy her a new collar!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Cadi View Post
3 million dollar collar?! What the...

I want to see who buys that collar, then I want to see them put it on their dog, then I want to see that dog run off and jump into the closest puddle of mud.
agreed!
walkiespetcare
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:35 AM
My girls collars, the only ones they have, they get wet and they roll in poo and wear everyday (after cleaning lol)

Although they are pink and very sparkily, they are also strong with a decent buckle and good clip for the lead. I walk too many dogs with unsafe collars, so take my own with me!

x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by walkiespetcare View Post
My girls collars, the only ones they have, they get wet and they roll in poo and wear everyday (after cleaning lol)

Although they are pink and very sparkily, they are also strong with a decent buckle and good clip for the lead. I walk too many dogs with unsafe collars, so take my own with me!

gorgeous girlies
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Hope all those concerned have overcome their little 'cyber bully hissy fit' regarding this subject and others. I am very sorry to have caused offence but don't bully n bash some one who cares for expressing an opinion or thoughts
eta: how much 'stuff' does a dog really need?
No offence n remember it's for the dogs
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Quite nice to bump the thread to stir it up some more.

Sorry SLB didn't see your post - Layton DID have one of those martingales... he kind of got it hooked in the bushes in persuit of a bunny and emerged naked the other week (thankfully I carry a spare collar in the car boot just in case!). He's now sporting a camo ezdog one. May well buy him a new one soon when we get new-wooffette.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I think Ive bought at least two collars since I last posted on this thread.....

Jin is now wearing a 3 peaks reflective collar......she has a matching lead and harness......
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9