View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 10:46 PM
My two have the pink and orange version of these but with a silver rather than a plastic clip which they don't seem to do anymore. I reckon they've had them for about 2 years and they seem to be wearing well. The most important aspect of a collar for my two is it's wearability whilst swimming, dyed leather collars are a no no!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Jinty has a pets at home pink/flowery set thats her everyday set, and then a stunning black with stars 'Hem and Boo' one for special occasions <3

She had a lime green one that was for 'teacup' dogs, but shes outgrown that now..... She has a nice 'Boo and Bear' one from pets at home but its cream so it would get dirty.....

I have a collar fetish, and am always looking but def need a matching collar!!

Ive actually put my tags around Jintys collar and then sewn the split ring to make it flat so the tags dont jingle around (but can still be moved around the split ring to read the details) and isnt on the D ring (which is for the lead). Sad me! Lol.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Dan has a rope half check, and also a posh leather one and a spiked leather one. Rio had loads, but her everyday one is a black half check. She also has pink bling, black bling, her swimming collars, bull terrier style set, spotty collar and Rogz collar ( she likes to accessorise) Keiko has a lovley new rolled leather collar I bought last weekend. Rogue has a posh hemp one, courtesy of Lucien, and a great sesame street one with matching lead. She also has a blingy one and a plain nylon one, which she never wears as thinks it's common!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
My two have the pink and orange version of these but with a silver rather than a plastic clip which they don't seem to do anymore. I reckon they've had them for about 2 years and they seem to be wearing well. The most important aspect of a collar for my two is it's wearability whilst swimming, dyed leather collars are a no no!
my OH had a red leather one for his yellow very nearly white lab. after he went swimming we had a pink lab instead
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:48 AM
hmm well Khal came to me with a gorgeous leather collar that had silver pawprints round it....until Sasi chewed it to bits while he was sleeping Then I got him a blue buckle collar ..until Sasi chewed that too Now hes wearing an ancol blue clippy on collar!Ive seen a gorgeous collar I want for him, but am only replacing with cheap & nasty until she gets out of the habit of eating them

Ruby has a purple/silver collar, an all purple collar & a purple camouflage collar (all with matching leads ofcourse ) Ive also just bought her the pink stripey one released for supporting breast cancer awareness that she hasnt had on yet, will probably keep that for taking her to a show ior something, wasnt expensive but it would be nice to see her dressed as a lady for once

Sasi has already had 3 puppy collars (all red with white pawprints on) & is now on a plain red ancol one...as she chews them.

Off to have squizz at all the links you posted & sit on my bankcard
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Mine have matching haf check collars, I liked the look of the ezydog ones but thought the half check is safer as they cant slip put of it.
Gemmas is red, Simbas blue and Flints black.
They also have matching 6ft leads
Just to warn you i have used the half check collars have done for all my dog owning years 33 yrs! Until this year when one of my dogs got thier's caught on a low branch and almost hung himself it was the worst dog moment of my life. Struggling to hold a screaming thrashing lab up so he could breathe and trying to release him at the same time. He did survive but never agian.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Mine have half checks that they wear all day. I also have a webbing collar that they wear when swimming & Hannah has a long link check chain that she wears in the breed ring.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 11:48 AM
The dog ate his lead yesterday morning when left for an hour. Grrrrrr. Think it's mendable if I get needle and thread out and sew it to within an inch of its life as a spare though (wouldn't risk it if he was a puller though) but grrrrrrrrrrr he's in the dog house for that one.

Why eat your own lead, the lead that takes you out to wonderful squirrelly bunnyey places?! Daft canine!
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Each to their own but perhaps those who spend their money on frivolous accessories that dogs neither know or care about might do well to think about how it could be donated or better used for dog welfare?
I love fancy martingales and tag collars for my hounds but I buy them all from various rescue groups so they are getting the money anyway.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
The dog ate his lead yesterday morning when left for an hour. Grrrrrr. Think it's mendable if I get needle and thread out and sew it to within an inch of its life as a spare though (wouldn't risk it if he was a puller though) but grrrrrrrrrrr he's in the dog house for that one.

Why eat your own lead, the lead that takes you out to wonderful squirrelly bunnyey places?! Daft canine!
I could never understand why they do that either
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >