Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:01 PM

What am I doing to my garden

Oh dear, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing the right thing here!!!

My front garden has gone from this:

and the other half of it!
TO THIS!!!!!! In only ONE day!!!!

the other half:

Plan A was to have everything cleared, all the overgrown shrubs, path, small hedge down the path, and all returfed in lovely soft short turf, not that downland grass like I had, and put some nice trees dotted around, like Japanese Golden Maple, Eucalyptus, and bamboo all down the new fencing which he's going to put up where the digger's digging.

It looks absolutely massive though, now that we've cleared most of it out, and I'm wondering if it will look too sparce???! I might have to resort to Plan B, trouble is, I don't have a plan B!!!! Lol!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:12 PM
LOL, if plan B fails, try plan C.....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I know just what you need in there to fill it up a bit..........................................

10 more dogs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Anytime Sheree, but you won't be getting them back!!!!

Yes Fudgley, any ideas for Plan C then???

I keep looking out of the top windows and can't understand why I've got double the amount of garden to all the other bungalows along the road Maybe it's because I'm on the corner? Anyways, it's nice to have a big garden, but I've only got one dog now and he's not interested coz he's got no-one to play with out there, and we never come and go through the front, always the back where we park, so what's the point??? It's always shut away. Maybe once it's all finished and the patio is done, I'll spend more time out there with Mum, which in turn will encourage Georgie out there I hope. Cassie used to love just lying out there in the shade She's out there now of course and I won't let them touch that corner, it's hers, all hers, and I'll plant a nice tree by her side so she can have some shade, bless!

Anyway, I'm really hoping it looks gorge when it's finished, but at the moment it's quite frightening! Then again, so was the loft extension when they were half way thru' and I looked inside my front door to see a big pile of bricks and rubble filling the hallway!!! That was quite a shock to the old system too! Hey ho, roll on next week when it's finished
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm sure it will look good when finished.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I bet it will be as equally gorgeous as the house once it's finished. Its always a shock to the system when we are used to things one way and then change them, especially something so large as a house or a garden.

I'm looking forward to seeing it when its finished
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm also looking forward to seeing it when it's finished :smt023

Wish we had a lovely big house and garden like that, Asti would love it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys, I can see I'll be taking some bookings for summer hols for all the dogsey gang next year!!!! They'd all have to wear rubber boots though so as they don't damage my nice new soft turf! Lol! Oh Hyacinth!!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 04:51 PM
It'll look fab, Aitch. Why you doubt yourself, when your house turned out beautifully, is beyond me.
I'll give you marks out of ten when I see it in person.....
x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Can't wait Vicki!!!! It WILL happen somewhen won't it!!! It's just so scarey to see your house actually devaluing in front of your eyes, just like it did for me when the builders were here, but like you say, that all turned out tops, so hopefully the garden will too.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >