Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 08:35 AM

Fun Friday 16th December 2022

Morning all. I woke up and turned over and put the radio on and had a laugh to a funny song called 'I want a Hippopotamus for Christma'. I have never heard it and was not surprised when I found that it is quite old. Sung by a lady that is still around today aged 79 Hope you all have a laugh today even just one. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 09:08 AM
Good morning Brenda. It is good to have a laugh.

Hope the battery problem is sorted without having to resort to taken court action Chris.

Take care of yourself Kelly.

Freezing out there this morning. I have had to put some new batteries into one set of outside lights and have also cleaned up the leaves around my refuse bins. Still quite a few to come down yet and then hopefully after Christmas it might be warmer to get out in the garden and finish tidying it up.

No school run this morning but on again this afternoon. The two youngest are singing carols in the playground this afternoon just before coming home so will get there in time to watch. Then it is riding lessons and home.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Morning all
Brenda, I expect you will get my card in the new year...posted it nearly 2 weeks ago now.
Sue, make sure you wrap up warm hanging around in the playground and horse riding
Chris, hope you get your scooters sorted out, not great having batteries that don't behave properly
Dad had to get a new battery on one of his yesterday....£180! You can't just Chuck it on either, you have to program the car to tell it it's had a new battery
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 01:43 PM
You must be psychic it's just arrived. Thankyou Kelly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 01:56 PM
Phew.......I was getting worried Brenda
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2022, 03:08 PM
fixing front door bell

Yes same old problem BUT this time with Sue being out of the house I did a strip down of the bell. Initially I removed one of the metal plates the striking arm hit, although later on found this unnecessary, I just could not see how the magnatic coil housing could be removed but discovered only held in by clips at one end.
So with the housing now clear I could get to the tube the striking arm slide up and down in. This is where the cameras round swabs came in handy, as you can see it took 3 swabs to clean properly and the striking arm wiped down with a micro cloth.
The nearest swab was first followed but the middle and end one. All it took was this small amount of dust/dirt to stop the door bell working, the tolerance in the tube surrounded by wire coils is so fine even the slightest bit of crap fouls it up.
So put it all back together after the cleanup and worth doing. The sliding hammer that strikes the metal plate gongs has double the throw length than before and the bell consequently sounds louder.