Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I can understand what your saying hammer, but they would simply say it is up to you to keep your dog under control.
I can't think of anything worse to see your dog shot/killed in front of your eyes.
I know, but being an East London boy...I might be forced to give Ronnie and Reggie a call

Seriously though, I would need anger management classes and would need to keep away from farmers...which is very difficult working in a rural school where I know quite a few. Our relationship would be severly strained.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I always keep them on lead if there is a chance of live stock being nearby, for the simple reason its not worth the risk, you will most likely get farmers who wont shoot first ask question later, but I would also wager there is some who are quite trigger happy.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 10:45 PM
As a qualified Veterinary Nurse I'm confused
Originally Posted by meg's_mummy View Post
I didnt take her out and if i knew he was taking her out i wouldnt have let him
If this had of been my puppy, I would of told my OH not to take out the girls and explained why!

Originally Posted by meg's_mummy View Post
Ana doesnt have Parvo. She has been tested and it came back negative. So i dont know whats wrong with her
Even if the nest test had of come back negative, I would still Iso the girls as you still do not know what she has, distemper, hardpad etc.,even gastric

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Posted Today, 04:27 PM
Yea it is deffo parvo! She was tested and it was confirmed. Meg had about 2 and a half years ago and i remebered the smell very well. She was booked into be vaccinated today! So she is having them done when she leaves.

I find this hard to understand as if she was getting over parvo I know the vets I worked for wouldn't of vaccinated her when she left they would of waited.

Posted Today, 07:21 PM #14

Ana doesnt have Parvo. She has been tested and it came back negative. So i dont know whats wrong with her

If I were you, I`d be looking to change my vet...or something.
Me too. Parvo is not that hard to detect
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
By reading MM profile she is the vet???!!!
Your profile says you are a vet, so with your knowledge you would of shared this with your OH and keep Meg under ISO too...until you knew what Ana had
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Megs mum- Could you clarify for everyone what it is you do, it might get rid of some of the confussion or mis understanding people seems to have.

From my understanding your a vet nurse, is that correct?
Ana testing for parvo, what was the chain of events? Maybe and this is my take on it, another member of staff said it wasn't parvo, then you tested her and it was confirmed to be parvo, but your oh took meg out, before you had the chance to stop him?
Now i'm getting confussed!
And from one of your earlier posts I understood that you were a Veterinary Nurse too, not a Vet. Sorry I'm very confused too. Other threads you have asked questions that I would of thought you would of known as a vet. As you stated that you have worked in this profession for 3 years. I have worked in this field for 21 years and vets I have worked with have been very knowledgeable, both with drugs etc., what they don't know they go to thier books and debate with partners. I'm sorry I thought you work at a vets, not was a vet
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Hasn't clarified whether she is a vet or vet nurse!
Becky
Oh I had no idea she was a vet! Please MM could you answer me a question, but stupid really but just one of those niggling things, why are cat's always spayed on the right flank and never the left? I asked my vet nurse but they didn't really know!

Sorry OT, hope you can help!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Why does it matter to you what she is or isnt?
Because it could be very dangerous if she answers questions to members as a vet when she isn't qualified to give those answers...IMO
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Because it could be very dangerous if she answers questions to members as a vet when she isn't qualified to give those answers...IMO
Fair point, but I dont see where she has?

Yes there is a lot of things that dont add up, one being how users seemed to have it in for her and another user from there first post onwards.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Fair point, but I dont see where she has?

Yes there is a lot of things that dont add up, one being how users seemed to have it in for her and another user from there first post onwards.
And I'm not one of them as I recall. Just asking a simple answer to a simple question but am not about to go any further on the public forum.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Stormey, I don't have it in for MM at all, I am just confused. Parvo has it's own smell, if you've had a dog with parvo or worked where a dog with parvo is, you would never forget the smell honest, it's revolting. It was more confusion for me nothing personal, just the difference in answers.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
And I'm not one of them as I recall. Just asking a simple answer to a simple question but am not about to go any further on the public forum.
If you noticed I did change paragraph before saying what I did. So just to clarify, 1st bit for you, 2nd not
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Is there two threads in one going on here

I haven't finished being angry at the farmer who might shoot my dog yet
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »