Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Replace the word dogs with the word children and you've got my vote!
Yes, it gets my vote too!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
I think it's a shame more places in the uk don't allow dogs.
We have a mobile home, our dog has her passport and we go over to the continent once or twice a year. Most bars and a lot of shops and restaurants allow dogs in. We've had meals in some quite high class restaurants where including ours there have been several dogs in them. There was no barking and no weeing - however if there had of been I would have expected the owner and dog to be asked to leave - in much the same way that if there was an unruly child I would expect the family to be asked to leave. I don't understand that anybody can say there's an H&S issue with dogs going into most shops, pubs, cafes etc - after all we all prepare, cook and eat food in the same home as our dogs and it's not killing us off.
The hygiene issue obviously wouldn't bother most dog owners. However, if you don't like dogs (as many people do not) I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to share your lunch with the company of the local dog population.

Most shops/cafés/restaurants do not want to drive away potential customers.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
A bit OT but something a friend was talking about the other day. She was trying to book holiday cottage in Cornwall and found it very hard to find places to take dogs, she wondered if it was because beaches don't allow dogs and landlords are worried about dogs being left in cottage unattended?

Very few places up here allow dogs in shops and businesses it isn't something that bothers me just leave the boys at home. I have been in several shops and banks with a carrier full of rats though
Never really looked into it but Perranporth is usually full of dogs and Falmouth is heaving with them. There are a couple of hotels that take them near Newquay and lots of caravans.

Hope she finds somewhere.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Just noticed you mentioned Falmouth, is there where you live? My husbands family are long standing Falmouth people, and we know it very well.
Between Falmouth and Truro---we will have to have a springer meet up when you visit them.

rune
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Not read the whole thread but HSBC and Natwest have always been fine when I've taken my dogs in. I think the main problem is that some people allows their dogs to pee in shops, banks etc. I have a petshop and people let their dogs pee all the time.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

or maybe so many dogs have done so beforehand that he feels the need to put his scent down too.
I think it is probably that. He always has to mark over my other dogs' pee!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Between Falmouth and Truro---we will have to have a springer meet up when you visit them.

rune
We have been down the last 3 years as my sis in law built a holiday home in St Martins, but not coming down this year, put our tent in the bin last year cos we knew it wasnt needed this year.

Maybe the year after!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 03:54 PM
With regard to the banks - I am with Halifax (not for much longer though). They always used to let Zane in with me but on the one occasions I had Yiannis with me instead they refused. When I pointed out they allowed my otehr dogs they told me they don't allow any dogs at all. I asked why but they wouldn't answer.

Since then I've left the dogs at home.

The reason I'm going to be moving to a better bank is because I have an insurance policy which covers ALL mortgage payments ujnder certain cirumstances. I fit the criteria and for the past 18 months have been able to claim. So I shouldn't be paying my mortgage at all. Every month, they take the full mortgage amount and every month I have to argue and fight with them.

Now the Ombudsman and FSA are involved and suddenly they can't do enough for me.

I know company policies can be silly but surely customer service is more important, no?
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6