Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2013, 06:55 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Sunday.

Morning everyone.
We got lie-in till gone 7.30 today. Gorden and I cream crackered from all the hard work yesterday and Dillon from all his running up and down stairs I think.
Very wet here today although it has stopped raining.
Today will be taking wardrobes and desks to Marks and maybe some packing depends how long that takes us.

I hope everyone is well today and our four legged two legged and furry and scaley friends too.

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

Had a bad night with Zena. Started at 4 am. I thought she wanted to go out which would be a first since we moved here, as she's never, ever got us up before we get up here. Let her out onlead (cos of the badgers) she had a wee and came back in but wouldn't settle. She was panting profusely, her breath seemed so hot, and she hasn't been "right" for a couple of days, especially last night before we went to bed. Anyhoo, I wondered about the acid reflux that she had before, so I gave her some kibble, she woofed it down, so gave her a full meal, and finally, after a few minutes she settled down and went to sleep, but not before giving me a kiss to thank me for understanding. She seems fine again this morning but I'm going to have to go to the vet tomorrow and see if he can prescribe me some more of those acid reflux tablets, forgotten what they're called now.

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets and enjoy your Sunday, I'm cream crackered too Lynn, have a quiet Sunday and leave the packing for tomorrow hey!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I too had a lie in until 7.40 which was wonderful and makes such a difference I went out in the garden and there was the largest clap of thunder then the heavens opened. The dogs took no notice but it did make me jump. There is one thunder storm going on here but I haven't seen any lightning ..... which I'm not keen on anyway. Nothing planned for me this morning just 4pm - 7pm for this life-saving course I'm booked on to which I'm hoping I will never need.

Lynn I think everyone is having a lie in here . Good luck with getting every thing done today that you hope to and the weather holds off while you're transferring the furniture.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Morning Helena good job you know what its likely to be with Zena and glad it was what you thought and her tummy settled after a meal.
Lots of nanny naps on the agenda today for us I reckon.

I forgot earlier I think Pat is flying back to Cyprus today.
Safe journey Pat a bitter sweet day leaving the family especially Mart but seeing Bella again.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Helena you snuck in. Sorry you had a restless latter part of the night with Zena. Are you sure it wasn't the thunder/lightning that is swirling around the SE today. We've just had a mini storm with the loudest thunder and its now pouring with rain. Air pressure will change directly before a storm and I believe dogs are very susceptible to it. Good news she wolfed down a meal ..... she couldn't have been feeling too unwell Have a good day and I'll have to go back over yesterday to hear whether those cushions fitted the van and if you got to meet up with Tilly's mum etc etc.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Jenny that's why there is no one waiting in the queue for the daily thread today then everybody is still in bed.
We had a torrential downpour earlier now the sun is showing itself.
I thought I was going mad hearing this rumbling thinking it was thunder, I'm clearly not then.
Good luck with your course. I think there may be much hilarity.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2013, 07:37 AM

I never thought I would say it but I am delighted to announce that THEY are back! Working waaaay up the road but after another week off at least they are back so maybe one day they will finish off all the mess down this way...

Da Booga and I had quite a good night - in bed just before midnight and she only wanted out once - think it was in the region of 4am but I did not bother opening my eyes so did not see any clocks to check. She went out again when I got her pills but we then had another lovely two hours sleep, and no nasty dreams about that horrid email either.

Lynn - good luck with the packing!

Helena
- sorry to hear that poor Zena had a bad night - hopefully you can get some more of those acid reflux tablets. Were they cimetidine or something like that?

Jenny - that life-saving course sounds very useful - hopefully you will never need it but it is always good to know what to do in an emergency.

I hope Pat has a safe flight home and a wonderful reunion with her beloved Bella.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Morning Lynn, H, Jenny and all,

H, sorry to hear about Zena but glad she feels a bit better today. Lily always had Antepsin and Zantac for her acid problem so not sure if its either of them you are thinking of. I found the antepsin the best as the zantac could give her the runs, but they can and she did originally have them both together. If its Zantac then my vet told me to buy them from tesco as they were much cheaper than she could prescribe and exactly the same. Tesco also do their own make which is even cheaper. Zantac is the expensive name for ranatidine so thats what you need to look for if they are the ones.

Lynn good luck with all you have to do today.

Jenny good luck with the life saving course. sounds a handy to thing to have.

Today I am hoping my greyhound friend can get over as she is going to help me sort through Lily's extensive wardrobe of coats and all her stuff. I can't face doing it on my own. I am going to donate all her coats and bowls to the greyhound rescue, but its going to be hard seeing it finally leaving the house.
She also has several bin liners full of toys as they are soft, fluffy squeaky toys they cannot go to the kennels as they would cause uproar in a greyhound kennels squeaking and causing fights and mayhem so I will probably share them amongst greyhounds leaving for new homes.

Depending on whether and what time my friend comes I may go for a Sunday roast with my sister down a local pub.

I got up at 6 and made a coffee and went back to bed till 8am so i am another who has had a lay in.

Have a good day all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Malka
You crept in there while I was typing. So pleased you had a good night and sound in good spirits.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Malka glad to hear you are getting some rest now.
Morning Bev not going to an easy day. I hope you manage to get to the pub for a roast with your sister.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »