Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:10 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

I'm afraid I haven't got a clue about what's been going on over the bank holiday week-end,as I seem to have gone awol throughout most of it. That's because I needed to change my routine of sitting on the puter when I am at home with Dave, as I think he might have felt a bit neglected lol!

It seems to have worked, we've got on as we always did, both at home and when out and about, and although I didn't have a chance to have that real heart to heart with him, he seemed a lot more willing to talk this week-end, so I just went with the flow, and kind of forgot that we had any problems and it seemed to work.

Yesterday after our normal clifftop walk, we went to PCworld and Curry's. Dave bought me a new wireless keyboard and mouse, and have to say it's rather nice and was well cheap Then we went into Currys to look at the sound bars and grabbed a guy who seemed to be in the know about it all. Thank goodness he opted for the sound bar (sorry Jen!!) because not only is it fab, but it looks smart on top of the fire under the telly and will eventually be stuck on the wall. The sub is also wireless so he can stick that anywhere in the room that suits him. Then we looked at the 32" tv's cos I need one for the 2nd van (Dave pinched mine for his caravan), so bless him, he said he'd pay for that too, one less thing for me to have to worry about now.

We've watched tv together in the evenings, I haven't even come on the puter, and we've laughed together lots, so it's done us good, and I think I will continue to do this whilst he's only home for the week-end. Afterall, being a Leo, they do like to be pampered and feel like they're king of the jungle, even though they rarely reciprocate, but hey ho, if it makes my life more pleasant, it well worth it. I've got all week to do my own thing and sit on here.

Sally, I hope you got my pm I wrote at 6 am yesterday morning after your visit to your dad, but by the time I left the puter there was no daily up, otherwise I would have posted.

Lynn, I do hope you've sorted something out for your mum, I remember you were going to look at a room for her on Saturday, so maybe that's where she's going now, and good luck with it all, always something to worry about for you isn't there.

June, Hope that finger of yours is getting better.

Now I'm going to Google about my back, cos it's killing me and doesn't feel like normal backache, although I will be going to the brone cruncher this week. Kept me awake most of the night. On Friday, making my last trip up the steps with a very heavy bag in my right hand, and a small one in the left, Zena stuck her nose in the bag on the left and wouldn't get out of there, which meant I was sort of holding out behind me the really heavy one trying to fight my way in. Stupid thing to do, and I've done some damage which is just getting worse instead of better. The pain in my back and side, goes all the way around the top of the hip and across my front, so I'm guessing this is a pretty major muscle group I've pulled here. I blame that dog! She's definitely out to get me. I've now joined ranks with you and Steve Moyra and it hurts doesn't it!

I will be around today, popping in and out, so I'll be able to answer everyone, and apologies for being so slack on here lately, but I'm afraid that's how it will be for me at the week-ends now until Dave gives up that workshop. Anyone want to stand in for me is more than welcome, but will first have to be scrutinised by Lynn lol

Enjoy your day everyone, hope you're all doing well along with those gorgeous doglets of yours, and don't work too hard if you're back at work today.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Morning Helena, morning all,

H, glad to hear you had some time with Dave, sometimes that's that is needed. Long may it continue.

I'm back at work today. Got to fill in my time sheets. Once I'm back home I have the washing I didn't sort out yesterday to sort out, walk Dougal and get an early night. Hopefully Dad will leave me in peace tonight.

Have a nice day everyone, hope it's a good one for you all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Sounds like your w/e went well, so fingers crossed every weekend will be like that while Dave still has the workshop. Sorry to hear your back is bad, and yes, you can definitely blame de dawg 'cos dey be de cause of all trubbels, innit.

Da Booga was very kind and only got me up once which was fine 'cos I needed a pee as well, and I did go back to bed after her morning pills but then remembered the nasty looks from the water delivery guys last time when they turned up and I was still in bed, so I got up.

Ackshully I had put the empty containers outside before I went to bed, the thing being that if you are not going to be in you put out the empty containers and they leave the same number of fresh ones. So now I am up, washed, dressed, and sitting like a lemon wondering what time they will turn up today.

I am currently debating whether to roll up the carpet in the salon and get the floor washed ready for the new carpet on Thursday, or to leave it in case [a] the new one does not turn up, and [b] I do not like it when it does - in which case I do not have to buy it.

Oh, and if anyone has a new shoulder and upper arm to spare, I can find a very good home for it!

Have a good day everyone and hope the sun shines on you all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Good morning Helena, well that it good news about how you spent your weekend with Dave that sounds really positive. Sorry you have joined our ranks of the backachers. It is bad isn't it. As well as the tramadol I am also taking paracetamol extra strength. Steve is going to contact a chiropractor today to see if he can get an early appointment. The two appointments with the osteopath, although supposedly put his vertebrae back in line, have not eased the pain.

Amber appears to be on the mend but is still peeing for England but she is also drinking a lot of water so that is understandable and good to clear the infection in her bladder.

Lynn, hope you have managed to sort out the room for you Mum and alls well in your corner.

Malka hope you and Pereg had a good night.

Jenny, Bev, Lore, TW, Tang et al, I hope all is in order in your parts of the world too. Take care all.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning Helena, morning all,

H, glad to hear you had some time with Dave, sometimes that's that is needed. Long may it continue.

I'm back at work today. Got to fill in my time sheets. Once I'm back home I have the washing I didn't sort out yesterday to sort out, walk Dougal and get an early night. Hopefully Dad will leave me in peace tonight.

Have a nice day everyone, hope it's a good one for you all.
Morning Lorraine Hopefully that time off will have prepared you to face it all again, I'm sure you managed to get lots of rest, even though you have major worries atm with your mum and dad. Maybe being at work will help to lift some of those worries for you.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Sounds like your w/e went well, so fingers crossed every weekend will be like that while Dave still has the workshop. Sorry to hear your back is bad, and yes, you can definitely blame de dawg 'cos dey be de cause of all trubbels, innit.

Da Booga was very kind and only got me up once which was fine 'cos I needed a pee as well, and I did go back to bed after her morning pills but then remembered the nasty looks from the water delivery guys last time when they turned up and I was still in bed, so I got up.

Ackshully I had put the empty containers outside before I went to bed, the thing being that if you are not going to be in you put out the empty containers and they leave the same number of fresh ones. So now I am up, washed, dressed, and sitting like a lemon wondering what time they will turn up today.

I am currently debating whether to roll up the carpet in the salon and get the floor washed ready for the new carpet on Thursday, or to leave it in case [a] the new one does not turn up, and [b] I do not like it when it does - in which case I do not have to buy it.

Oh, and if anyone has a new shoulder and upper arm to spare, I can find a very good home for it!

Have a good day everyone and hope the sun shines on you all.
Morning Malka, oh you do make me laugh, I can just imagine you sitting there like a lemon Hopefully, you won't have to do any of that lifting of the carpet and washing of floors, as they might offer to do it all for you, if you wave a little note under their nose? Can't offer you the upper arm and shoulder cos I've already ripped a muscle there, and it's never worked properly ever since. Hope yours isn'ttoo painful.

Off out with Zena now even though it's raining, we've gotta go - the things I do for this dawg
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Morning everyone. Dillon laid in till almost 7.30 today has been fed and is now laying on his bed again.
Raining here today.

Won't know if mum has got this room till maybe Thursday or after as I cannot speak to the Manager till Thursday as he is on his hols. If not it looks like Basildon. But I think there may be another nursing home in Brentwood will check it out later if it is then I will ring them just in case. At the moment though it is all up in the air as always.

Helena sounds like your weekend was a good weekend and just what you and Dave needed. I think the daily thread runs well enough now on its own to just pop on say good morning and then leave it for the weekend if that's how it has to be.
These men sometimes just need to know they haven't been forgotten don't they.
I am glad you seem back on track with Dave it will make life a lot less stressful for you.

See you all later and take care out there.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning H and all,

Had a fabulous day yesterday with our Toby Breakfast and day at the horse show.
I also got a new phone from my son, its only 2 months old and one of those all singing and dancing touch screen thingys. I havn't a clue how to make anything happen on it as I am used to my old fashioned one that just texts and calls and nothing else. I ended up calling someone somehow on it and I don't know how as I never touched any names and then I couldn't stop it calling them as I didn't know how. So i can see this is going to take me some time if ever I manage to master it .

Working this morning and then meeting a friend later.
Tomorrow I probably won't be on in the morning as I have to be at the Suffolk show with Lily by 7.15am and its about a 40 min drive. We will be working right through on the greyhound rescue stand and I probably won't be home much before 8pm.

Glad things are better for you and Dave now H and the weekend went well. Just hope your back improves for you.
Nice to hear of you getting lay ins with dillon now Lynn, its nice to at least start the day relaxed.
Glad to hear Amber is on the mend. Have you had a blood test to check her kidney function if she is still peeing a lot?
Pleased to hear you got a good night with pereg malka.

Have a good day all, its coming over very dark here, lets hope it doesn't rain.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Good morning fellow members I am full of cold and on Hannah duty today, the rain is pouring down so we can't go out.
Just knocked my elbow on a door and the forefinger I knocked the other day is swollen and painful, roll on bedtime

Enjoy your day everyone .
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Warm, dull and raining here - what a contrast to yesterday. My eldest son stayed over last night which was lovely so pampered him this morning before he went off to work, made him an omelette (with fresh tarragon), ironed his shirt as he was actually going to walk out of the door with it unironed , and gave him some roast sweet potato and chicken for lunch ..... I know, I know, nothing like spoiling him but it's rare for him to stay over.

I'm taking the dogs in to the groomers at 9.30 and will then spring clean our kitchen again and re-dress the flooring tiles.

Helena - your weekend sounded lovely and how nice to get back on track with Dave and be a 'couple' again - I know how easy it is to lose track of it. I hope your back settles and try and have an easy day

Lore - I hope your first day back at work goes OK after your week off.

Malka - What a relief for you that Pereg is waking less at night - long may it last. Ooooh I love new carpets, the smell is wonderful .... we need new ones desperately.

Moyra - I'm sure you are aware that the NHS don't approve any Chiropractors, only osteopaths and physios. If his back has been put back in he should see a physio really as it sounds as though its now muscular. Whoever your son sees I hope they can sort it.

Lynn - Good luck with securing a nursing home for your Mum. My two also slept in this morning ..... maybe they could all hear the rain and would rather stay in bed.

Bev - Yesterday sounded wonderful what with you big breakfast and then the horse show.

If anyone else has posted since I started typing I'll catch up later as must rush and get ready.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning

Helena - I'm glad you had a good weekend with Dave and you don't need to explain that you need to spend time with him rather than be permanently online.

We had a good afternoon - sat outside for lunch with the kids, went for a ride on Steve's bike in the lovely sun and walked Loki.

Unfortunately things never stay that way and despite the increase in medication, Loki had a fit around 5ish this morning - it's five weeks since the last lot. Typical in half-term when I've got both children home. It's not fair to curtail their activities again so I'm going to have to do things whether he has more fits or not. Imagine if I had a full-time job - I couldn't take a week off every 4 weeks.

I'm going to pop to the shops this morning and make some soup for the kids and Steve because he's coming home for lunch.

Have a lovely day - it's raining here so perhaps a DVD and board game day?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »