Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2013, 07:34 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Morning everyone.
You have to put up with me again today. (Sorry). I believe Helena's Dave is not dashing off at 6am this morning but waiting to see what the forecast is like and the roads round their way Very sensible methinks.

It is still very white here today not sure how cold it is out yet as I haven't poked my nose out of the door. We do not have the fog or mist they are talking about not this part of the woods anyway. I still have everything crossed it is going to start thawing today like it had started to yesterday.
I think they are saying the North East parts of Wales the South West and Scotland are in for some snow today.
For the NE and Wales it will be more snow for them.
Some parts of the country will have thunderstorm.

If Gorden's money has gone in the bank from his school job today which he has been told it will we will be off to do some shopping. Fingers crossed then it has.
Other than that not a lot on walking Dillon, housework and washing.

I am hoping all the puppies are still doing well June.
Sally that Jimmi can get a little stroll out today.
Jenny that Pepsi has recovered fully.
Jennyg that Flash and Ruscksack let you have a lie-in and that their tummies are settled today.
Bev that Kyiro is coming on in leaps and bounds still.
I think that's everyone. For all those feeling poorly that you feel better soon and if any poorly doglets out there they feel better soon too.

Off to feed the big boy now. Take care out there everyone and stay warm.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Not a good start so far.... Dave left at 6 am but, although still snow and icy, it is on the thaw and I couldn't stop him, so went back to sleep. Ten minutes later, back he comes......his car is telling him he has a flat tyre, he got as far as the bottom of our road and a bit beyond, and had to turn round, but how he came back up, God only knows!

So, there is is, huffing and a puffing, blaming sabotage by the kids next door, cos only one of the dust caps was missing and it was that tyre that was flat, and they had been on our drive clearing the snow for us on Saturday. But why??? He said it's cos it's a nice, shiny dust cap with bmw on it, but then why would they bother to push the valve in to flatten the tyre if that's all they wanted So, he was back to square one, cos he couldn't pick up a valuable job this morning cos he'd now be late and the bloke would have gone off to work in it.

He pumped the tyre back up, waking the neighbours in the process with his compressor and I insisted that he came back indoors and left it for half an hour just to see it wasn't a puncture, which he did, and good job too, cos he then had the runs (due to having taken an abundance of senokot's over the entire week-end ). He was not a happy bunny and nor was I really, Zena was all stressed out with it all, I was a bag of nerves, worrying about him getting to work in these conditions with a dodgy tyre. He doesn't have a spare he says cos they don't have one in these bimmers, they just have a special can of something which would ruin his tyre at great cost to him, and so it goes on......

Hey ho, at least Zena and I will get an earlier walk in the woods, and bet yer bottom dollar, I'll get half way around and get a phone call from him that he needs picking up from the middle of nowhere. Maybe he'll use that can of whatever in the tyre rather than phone me. I just hope he gets there safely, it's a long old journey and it's not good out there, so I'll phone the workshop later just to check he's arrived.

I told him to take my car, it's full of petrol and although it's a bit of a skip there's nothing wrong with the engine He declined!

I wonder what else today will have in store for me I must keep sane, I must keep sane, I must keep sane......

Enjoy yours then, I'll be back later
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all,

Sorry to hear about Dave Helena,

Woke upto yet more snow again this morning,weather forecast for today isn't great either,Tom's school is closed as are all the schools in the forest,Lizzie's college is open though.
I have to pop out this morning so that means walking again,Luke has an appointment this morning,not sure if he will be able to get there as yet,unsure if the buses are running.

Totally fed up with this weather now,it thawed well yesterday too.

O/H had a decent night,it's at night when he feels the most uncomfortable.

Have a good day all x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning Lynn, Helena and all who follow.

It looks like we might be back at the vets this morning. Rosie has been sick three times and the third time was reddish pink so I'm guessing some blood in it. I thought we were out of the woods, but it appears not

She needs some of those Dogsey, positive vibes so please flow them this way.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2013, 08:06 AM
(((Hugs))) Helena, everything crossed Dave gets to work with no more problems and you can have a nice peaceful day with Zena.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning Lynn H and all

I hope your money goes into the bank today Lynn.

Poor Dave, I don't understand why they don't have spare tyres. One of the breakdown services was on TV the other day talking about that.

It's still snowy here too but rain is forecast for later and maybe a bit more snow.

I am supposed to be going to a reunion dinner today but am not going to make it, shame as one of the ladies is off to live in Portugal and this was the last chance to see her.

I will probably spend most of the morning sorting dogs and may get back to my little sewing project this afternoon, I can't stand all of this excitement!

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,Morning all,

Sorry to hear about Dave Helena,

Woke upto yet more snow again this morning,weather forecast for today isn't great either,Tom's school is closed as are all the schools in the forest,Lizzie's college is open though.
I have to pop out this morning so that means walking again,Luke has an appointment this morning,not sure if he will be able to get there as yet,unsure if the buses are running.

Totally fed up with this weather now,it thawed well yesterday too.

O/H had a decent night,it's at night when he feels the most uncomfortable.

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal pleased to hear Oh had a better night .
Fed up with the snow here too.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Lynn, Helena and all who follow.

It looks like we might be back at the vets this morning. Rosie has been sick three times and the third time was reddish pink so I'm guessing some blood in it. I thought we were out of the woods, but it appears not

She needs some of those Dogsey, positive vibes so please flow them this way.
Morning Chris. Oh no not poor little Rosie unwell again and I forgot her on my get well list this morning didn't I.
Lots of healing vibes for her and (((hugs))) for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn H and all

I hope your money goes into the bank today Lynn.

Poor Dave, I don't understand why they don't have spare tyres. One of the breakdown services was on TV the other day talking about that.

It's still snowy here too but rain is forecast for later and maybe a bit more snow.

I am supposed to be going to a reunion dinner today but am not going to make it, shame as one of the ladies is off to live in Portugal and this was the last chance to see her.

I will probably spend most of the morning sorting dogs and may get back to my little sewing project this afternoon, I can't stand all of this excitement!

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri what a shame you can't get to the reunion dinner.
I am finding it hard to deal with all the excitement in my life too.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
I am off to the vets with Kyiro this morning to hopefully have the bandage off and maybe the stitches out too. He is still limping a bit even with the padded bandage so we will have to see how he goes.
I am not looking forward to the journey as the roads are just thick compressed snow and ice, all I can hear is sirens everywhere and I started my car and it seems to be kicking out a lot of dark smoke, so I am praying nothing is wrong there and it gets me there and back.

When I get home I have a good friend of mine coming round for coffee and a natter and then its work this afternoon and evening.

I hope Gordons money goes in ok Lynn and I hope your and Daves day calms down H.

Chris I hope Rosie is ok. What a worry for you.

Take care all and best wishes to all those poorly doggies and owners.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
I am off to the vets with Kyiro this morning to hopefully have the bandage off and maybe the stitches out too. He is still limping a bit even with the padded bandage so we will have to see how he goes.
I am not looking forward to the journey as the roads are just thick compressed snow and ice, all I can hear is sirens everywhere and I started my car and it seems to be kicking out a lot of dark smoke, so I am praying nothing is wrong there and it gets me there and back.

When I get home I have a good friend of mine coming round for coffee and a natter and then its work this afternoon and evening.

I hope Gordons money goes in ok Lynn and I hope your and Daves day calms down H.

Chris I hope Rosie is ok. What a worry for you.

Take care all and best wishes to all those poorly doggies and owners.
Morning one & all
MM, get your vet to give you a supply of bandages etc or whatever you need just in case you can't get out for the next checkup. That's what my vet did.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »