Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Kyiro Not well This Morning

Poor boy is just laying there. He has refused his breakfast, which means he won't get his antibiotics that are mixed with it everyday and he doesn't want to move or look very happy.
I am not sure if its one of his tummy aches he gets every so often, although I can't hear any gurgling which he always gets with it.
Normally I would just wait and see if it passes, but its Saturday and the vets shuts at 12 for the weekend, so I am undecided whether to ring and see if I can get him in to be checked in case its to do with infection from his foot spreading up round his body.
I don't want to be rushing him off there if he is just getting some tummy discomfort as he will be fine again by the morning on his own and he gets petrified at the vets. Also my vet is not in today so goodness knows who I will see.
Oh decisions decisions and what to do for the best.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Bit of a dilemma there Bev.
I hope it is just a tummy ache and he perks up soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Can't advise as you know your boy best, but positive vibes on the way for the lad to get better quickly xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Bit of a dilemma there Bev.
I hope it is just a tummy ache and he perks up soon.
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Can't advise as you know your boy best, but positive vibes on the way for the lad to get better quickly xx
Thanks both of you.
I havn't rung the vets yet, I am going to reassess him at 11 and if he seems any worse ring them and ask them to sqeeze me in with someone. Even if I rung now I would have to take whichever vet is on that could squeeze me in.
For once I would like to hear all the weird and wonderful noises his tummy makes when he gets tummy ache so i can relax and just give him so pro kolin to help him get over it.
He hasn't moved or even lifted his head since going out for his wee this morning, but then i suppose rest will be best for him, whatever is going on.
Why do these things always happen at a weekend.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
I am taking him to the vets. He hasn't moved still or fully opened his eyes, he just has this funny stare through half open eyes like he is in pain. He is also laying like his body is rigid. If i talk to him or stroke him he doesn't move at all just stays rigid and his eyes staring.
I have an appointment with him at 11.20 so just hope I can get him to stand and out to the car as there is no way I can carry him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Just seen this Bev and you will of left by now.
I hope the visit goes well and wait to hear what the news is when you get back.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Hope alls OK ? Positive thoughts heading your way.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh No, just read this, I really really hope all is well
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Kyiro has a sky high tempreture and the vet I saw thinks its to do with the infection in his foot going through his body now, as he is very uncomfortable on his foot.
He has given him pain killing anti inflamatry injection and an antibiotic injection. He also has given me Tramadol for him and said to keep on with his other antibiotics as well. but they are only to be given with food. So if he is not eating by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest he has to go to the emergency vet for more injections and maybe go on a drip and then I have to see my usual vet on Monday to discuss getting this toe amputated.
Only problem is my normal vet is at another surgery so I have to go there to see her and so they won't obviously be doing any amputation on monday.
Just praying he will start to eat later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
(((Hugs))) Bev and for Kyiro I hope he starts eating for you so you can start getting the meds down him.
Sounds like it was a good thing you took him when you did.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »