Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Poor Kyiro not quite right

He had a little dire rear yesterday morning so I never gave him any breakfast and just a little amount at tea time.
He was fine during the night and I got up and took him for his walk this morning, he done a small normal poo but then refused his breakfast when I offered it later. His stomach is making the loudest gurgly noises. I can hear him when I am in a different room.
So think the poor boy must have an upset tummy. He is prone to getting loud gurgly tummy every so often, sometimes he eats and carries on as normal and sometimes he won't eat.
Anyone else had this problem or has a dog that suffers from it?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I WISH mine would stop eating for 5 minutes.It would save me a fortune.
I do have a bitch (mastiff cross) who has had a dodgy tum all her life.After bankrolling the vets upgrade to an Aston Martin trying to find out what was wrong with her I started giving her probiotics whenever she had a touch of the old trouble.She's lactose intolerant so I use the powdered stuff but live yoghurt is a good alternative for those who can take dairy products.She does sound like a fleet of cement mixers sometimes though when she's had a bout of runnybum.
I honestly don't know if the pro b's help exactly - she may be able to get over it anyway with or without help - but it can't hurt.(And the vet will have to buy a Ferrari on his own)
I now look for secondary signs of distress before racing her into the surgery.Of course if you're really worried an ultrasound scan might reveal something amiss in the midship.I'm totally paranoid about gastric torsion after seeing how fast it can kill.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 12:20 PM
you need to give his tummy a rest (i wouldnt of fed him last night)

my old lurcher suffered like this for about 13 of his 17 years
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Tom my lurcher does that now and again , the gurgling sounds awful but he seems ok otherwise when he is like this and sometimes refuses breaklfast but eats something lighter later in the day , he never seems 'ill' with it ,just a bit out of sorts , the vet said just keep a diary and get back if it gets more regular or any new symptoms, no wieght loss or anything with it and next day all is well again , so not sure what it is ?
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2011, 12:49 PM
My dog used to have this every month or so but since feeding Fish4dogs he has not had this trouble.
I was horrible the loud gurggling sounds and sometimes he would have bloody water coming out. It would only last a day and he was fine again.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 12:51 PM
This sometimes happens with Roxy - not often, just now and again, but she's always fine. Once though, she was sick but after she got it out her system she was fine again! Funny dogs. She's perfectly fit and healthy otherwise, I just put it down to a 'Roxy thing'!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear this Bev, and yes, I'm having the exact same problem here It started last Monday with her usual refusal of breakfast when she feels sick, so I rang the vet and made an appointment for if she didn't pick up later on, but she did, and she ate her dinner that night, so I thought all was well. I've actually skipped breakfast all week, and I've been boiling chickens with potato and carrots and her appetite has returned and she's full of life, BUT, she got Dave up twice in the night and I was greeted with piles of diarrhea outside this morning! That is the very first time either of them have had diarrhea for well over a year now, so I'm guessing it's something they've picked up!

I rang the vet again this morning asking whether it could be worms, although they both have their Stronghold each month, but you never know. Vet said not to worm when she's like this, so told me to go in for a poo pot and get a sample checked which is what I'll be doing Monday coz I got my pot!

I can't believe how lively and well she seems though with this, is Kyiro the same or is he lethargic with it? I'm sure it's one of the numerous bugs going around Bev. I was told to fast her for 24 hours, but I never listen to that, I listen to my dog instead, and if she's hungry she gets to eat, coz I know if she feels c*ap she refuses everything.

Zena is ravenously hungry, so she just had some scrambled egg made with water coz I hope that might bind things up a bit, but I'll know about that later on. She's not stressing to keep going outside, it's just her normal poo times that it's diarrhea, although twice overnight isn't good is it! Hey ho! something else to worry about now! Good luck with him Bev.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 02:17 PM
In Roxy's case it isn't worms - she is wormed every three months. Both are. With no after effects at all.

It also doesn't matter what I feed either.

In saying that, it only happens a handful of times a year so isn't really anything to worry about. I think it's just Roxy being Roxy, really. I usually just with-hold the next meal, just in case and that seems to sort it out, giving her system a break I suppose.

Mine rarely, if ever, have the runs either - once in a blue moon! Think the last time Molly had it was a couple of years ago or so and it wouldn't clear within a few days, but she was a tad lethargic with it as well so we put it down to a bug and were prescribed the paste stuff which cleared it up in a couple of days and that was it, she was back to normal.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 03:45 PM
All mine have had these symptoms 3 months ago. They all had some kind of bug but they all got over it. Only Bessie had to have antibiotics and she recovered in 2 days.
Hope Kyiro is feeling better soon xxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I am sure Kyiro will be fine. Sounds like a little upset tum.
Is it next Saturday you get Evie?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >