Female 

12-07-2012, 05:39 AM
He looks so much happier this time round Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Really interesting pictures, somehow I seem to have missed the reasoning behind this 'tho I think I did read that he needs his leg muscles building up, perhaps you could remind me what it's all for.

But, in some of the pics he does look like he's enjoying it, and those eyes are just so gorgeous. He's a wonderful dog, please give him a hug from me
Bigs hugs delivered. Vet thought cruciate problem after he came off the sofa awkwardly as not weight bearing on right rear leg. Must admit my first thought also but I also pointed out the toes told congenital. His breeder very surprised if cruciate at 5 months as were others in the breed. Took him back for the toes to be checked she examined them by touch and still said no problems. So waited the month for the vet school appointment. Stifles x-rayed fine, hips x-rayed as the orthopod surgeon felt he was walking with too much sway and toes x-rayed and he had damaged the toe which him being so young had healed in the month and oddly. (That is not causing the problem though) although I am a tad annoyed. So conclusion mild hip dysplasia and he had lost a lot of muscle mass after a months almost complete rest. He seems to be doing well and loving his walks and they are pleased with the muscle build up.

Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Bless him he does looks a lot more relaxed now
Thanks Emma he certainly is thank goodness.

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Bless him, very cute!

Thanks Rips.

Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Awww so gorgeous . Glad he likes his new pysio
Thnak you. It helps a lot when they like it epecially when they are as big as Dillon.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Ah bless, he is so gorgeous Am pleased he enjoys the alternative to the pool,it's awful to see them so stressed even if it is for their own good.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Lynn, thanks for explaining all that, it must be annoying that something got missed in the early examinations, but I guess that's life, medicine is not an exact science. I'm just glad he seems to be doing so well now and I wouldn't mind a bit of physio with that lady either
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
He looks so much happier this time round Lynn
Thank you he is.

Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Ah bless, he is so gorgeous Am pleased he enjoys the alternative to the pool,it's awful to see them so stressed even if it is for their own good.
It is difficult when you know they need it and they hate it. It is lucky they now have the treadmill too as a while back if they didn't take to the pool that was it. I suppose you had to look for somewhere that did have a treadmill.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lynn, thanks for explaining all that, it must be annoying that something got missed in the early examinations, but I guess that's life, medicine is not an exact science. I'm just glad he seems to be doing so well now and I wouldn't mind a bit of physio with that lady either
Harvey.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Lovely pics

Although, I had a total blonde moment when I looked at the first pic... I thought it was his reflection in a television
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Lovely pics

Although, I had a total blonde moment when I looked at the first pic... I thought it was his reflection in a television
Thanks.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Its lovely to see him so happy and relaxed enjoying the water. This way is certainly better for him.
That last picture shows just how big he is now (he looked smaller in the tank).
I agree H, he does look so huggable. I would never get anything done and certainly never get to work if I had him here .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Its lovely to see him so happy and relaxed enjoying the water. This way is certainly better for him.
That last picture shows just how big he is now (he looked smaller in the tank).
I agree H, he does look so huggable. I would never get anything done and certainly never get to work if I had him here .
Thanks Bev.

It certainly was the best thing to do for him he is so much more relaxed and it is now doing the job it was meant too.

I find it very hard to get anything done as he loves his cuddles and I quite often find myself pinned down by him while he has cuddles on the sofa.
It has taken me about 5 mins to answer this post as he was sitting behind the computer chair and I was having to make a fuss of him. He certainly is a people dog and as the girls at physio say a mummy's boy.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Great to see Dylan so relaxed in the tank now - he looks happy to be there. I wonder if he knows it is doing him some good

He is such a gorgeous boy
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >