Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Good morning all

The sun hasn't burnt through yet here, but looks like it's going to soon. Dentist in a while with Gary. I think they will probably decide on a crown as he keeps having a filling that only relieves for a while then every time he has anything hot or cold it hurts him.

Rosie had her glands emptied on Monday and the vet thought he saw a flea which he jumped on as the cause of her present woes. She was Frontlined three weeks ago, but, nevertheless, he dosed her with Stronghold as he says it's better for fleas. He thinks she has a flea allergy and that is why she is reacting, but I am doubtful as it's been going on a long time and she's 'flea'd' regularly. Time will tell.

The MOT went well. £30 as Kwickfit had an offer on and it sailed through. They did find a minute chip on the windscreen so that has been booked for repair on Saturday morning - that's free on the insurance - so all in all it went very well.

It's not as busy in town this week. My guess is that the tourists are saving up for the long weekend which I'm not looking forward to. Think it will be beach walks here in the village as the crowds don't enthrall me at all let alone the crowds who bring dogs but leave brains at home

Not much else going on, thank heavens . I like a quiet life.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Morning frankjames, how lovely is that post I'm actually looking forward to when my current girl gets old, and I hope she's old for a very long time, well into her teenage years. All that fun and laughter and love she has given me over the years, it's payback time for her, we shall both slow down together and I will give her my all, as you say, that's just how it should be isn't it I'm only looking forward to her old age in the hope that she will sloooooow doooooown, she's far too much dog for me still even approaching 5

Morning Elaine, glad you've got a job sorted for o/h for when he returns home for the week-end, that's the way to do it lol! I'm busy here myself preparing a long list for Dave cos he's got 4 days off this week and if you keep 'em busy, they keep out of your way don't they
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Morning all,
BEV,sorry to hear Lily is unwell (( hugs))
LYNN,clear out and packing? Happy days
MRS PAT,love to be in that heat BTW, you might want to check up on your "little blackface"
Hope everyone else is well,enjoy your day,talk soon
Need to take Leah to the Orthodonist
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Morning FJ what a lovely post. I am like Helena looking forward to the slower days not too slow but just a little ease up on the manicness would be nice.
Morning Elaine good idea having jobs ready for OH for when he returns.
Morning Chris I do not believe ickle Rosie has fleas not under your watchful eye.
I hope the weekend remains calm for you and good luck at the dentist with Gary.

We have made a start clearing down the side of the house. Now we are having a cuppa before loading the car and making the first trip.
I have taken my seed heads off flowers I like and have decided which plants and a couple of trees we will take. They will be bagged with roots nearer the time.
Mark although unsure if he has the room has agreed to take the big pond we bought as it would take too much room on the van along with my fish if he can get it in quick enough and the pump and the waterfall. We have said if he really cannot fit it in put it on ebay and keep the money.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Good afternoon everyone, hope you're all well.

I'm currently sat on a coach (with wifi, tv etc - very swish!) en route to Brno from Prague. Had a lovely evening in Prague last night, our hotel is right on the square in the old town and we had a view over the suare, was lovely. We've left our big suitcase there with stuff we need for next week as we go back to the same hotel next Monday so that's made the luggage carrying a bit easier.

Hope you've got nice weather in England, all the better for Marco when he's out on his garden destroying missions! If anyone needs a grass / stones Hoover be sure to let me know, he'll wolf it all down and give a wag of his tail for you too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Hello glad to hear you are enjoying your holiday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Still having problems with Dogsey so am just posting when either Firefox, Chrome or IE let me in, hence not being around much.

[and who is that cheering at the back then?!]

Anyhow, just managed to get in again so just popped in to say
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Calling Lynne aka Taffsmum Can't remember what day you posted that link for the Sketchers, cos I ordered a pair of the mauve/white tone ups/fitness, and they just arrived and boy oh boy, they're like a bouncy pair of slippers, can't wait to walk in them, these are the best Sketchers I've ever slipped my feet into, so of course, I'm after another pair but they've only got them left in a size 4 now. Maybe your link was also Amazon though which won't be of any help. Hope yours as just as good. These far beat the Sketchers Shape ups I've been used to over the years, so thanks Lynne.

Having a nightmare with my HP printer. It worked fine for a year, wireless, and since Dave connected his printer up to his new lappy guess what mine won't print now I've done all the tests, it recognises it, via the HP doctor test and the blue wireless light is on, but it just won't print anything and tells me it's offline, but although I've been everywhere, it seems you have to change the port to get it back online and do I really wanna go there According to HP forums it's a problem with it recognising the ip address, it keeps wanting to change it for security reasons. I might just keep turning it on and off and hope for the best here lol!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Glad you love the sketchers Helena. They are like slippers. I love mine. Am glad I ordered two pairs now cos I won't be able to find any more when these wear out.
Just been to B&Q while its pensioners day for the paint etc. it's all turning out to be a much bigger job than we first thought though. Isn't it always. I'll be glad when it's finished & then I'll have to start sorting the stuff out I took upstairs most of which needs to be got rid of. I'm trying to persuade OH to do a car boot sale (or 6 )with it all.
Hope everyone is well - just popping in for a quick catchup.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Pat that heat sounds merciless. Will you think about coming back to the UK or somewhere with sunnier climes but not so hot as Cyprus in the summer ?
Enjoy your day as much as you can.
Morning jenny. Good luck with the hairdresser and the ironing.
Well here's my 'dream plan' Lynn (been the same for years but never quite works out!)

I live in Cyprus where winters are mild and short and you can sit outside for eating 9 months of the year.

I high tail it OUT of Cyprus for July and August (or even just August!)

I managed it last year - arriving in UK end July and it never stopped peeing down with rain. We had floods, landslides, rail stoppages and flooded roads. My enduring memory is of buying warm clobber and trying to get it dry! Not quite the UK 'summer' I'd envisaged (they forgot to have one!)

I will get it right one of these years but something always crops up. This year it was Dan's wedding. Last year it was Jen wanting to be here for July and then needed to be back in UK early Aug.

I'm so darned hot at the mo - even POLAND for Xmas with Mon and Mart is looking appealing! I usually turn that one down on account of the freezing cold weather and snow!

Jen walked the 3 lads down to the beach while I took Dan, Em and Holly in the car with all the kit. We then drove to our fave taverna for a spot of lunch and a drink and Jen's just had a 'driving lesson' in my little yellow peril car lol!

Summing up ... she needs a lot more lessons lol!

*but we did have a laugh!
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »