View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Took Lacey out and called at the estate above.Was looking for the owners car but it wasn't there,no idea what her name is.No one about to ask really,all those peeps must be at work,so non the wiser about Ellie Did ask the post man if he'd keep a look out on his travels.
Lovely and sunny here today,herself is sunbathing at the patio door
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Son never made it to his appointment, he would have been an hour late. I did ring them when he got to me to ask if we should still come, but she couldn't get an answer for me from their desk, so son said he'd ring and make another appointment. We had a bit of a chat and then he said shall we go get something to eat, so I've had chips and sirloin steak for lunch, he made me have it, I was going to settle for a burger and he said no have a steak, what I'm having isn't cheap, so you have something nice as well, so I did. First time I've had a steak for a few years, and keep meaning to treat myself to one, but something always gets in the way.
mmmm not sure WHAT way to jump now on this hibernate/sleep or not, decision, decisions
Glad to hear Pereg has stopped her seizs, thats disgusting about wanting to home their poor dog, I do hope she hangs on in there with him, not very likely anyone will want to take him on unfortunately
Rain has stopped here, but feels cold and a cold wind as well.
Going to sort out girls, be back later
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi Lynne and Moyra who I forgot earlier You did make me larf in your first post though Lynne, when you said that if it's raining you're going to have to try Taff's new coat on I'm glad you decided it looked much better on the dog though!!!

June, what a lovely surprise today, a nice big juicy steak for lunch, now you'll be fumbling around in that Asda casualty dept rooting around for another bit tomorrow Can't you change your updates to the "let me choose which updates to install" bit? I do it that way cos some of them I just don't want, so I instal the important ones, it always asks me first, and there's never a problem with anything going slow on here. Having said that, my older puter was a nightmare when installing updates, I had to walk away. Dave's new tablet seemed to take ages too when he first went online with it, but then of course, it had been sitting in the shop for 6 months or more so not surprising there was a backlog.

Just remembered, I've got the vets tomorrow first thing after my walk to check on Zena's ear, so hope she gets an all clear.

Got a line full of washing out and now the sun's gone in tcht!

Lynn, any joy with that car of yours today??? Hope so!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 02:13 PM
As a diabetic, I have been very naughty and had two pancakes, Steve had three. Just brown sugar and lemon. very very nice too!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
You can count it in with your daily allowance Moyra. youngest son is a diabetic, since he was 17 monhs old, and that is what the eye thing was for today, he's on a new system now where he injects one slow acting in the morning then tops himself up with an orange pen thingy during the day, when we had lunch he did it after he had eaten (often wonder what people think, but he doesn't care lol) I know this new way is more natural for his body, and he doesn't have to know what is in everything he eats, can adjust himself during the day using blood tests
I've just sat down with a book, and realised I need to go out for milk.....was all comfy in warm fluffy trakkie bottoms as well.
Hows the car saga Lynn, and have they found the daxie yet Eileen
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
June - unfortunately it is far from the first time that someone has asked for help in re-homing their epi. Mostly they do not even put up the message themselves but email one of the co-owners requesting them to do so, with the only information to be given that the dog is in such-and-such an area.

Some good people who have/have had an epi will take on another one, but they are few and far between.

As the List is US based, to the best of my knowledge no non-kill shelter will accept an epi.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Thats what I was thinking Malka, the cost of the meds would impact dreadfully on a rescue and it would be very unlikely it would ever be homed and would spend the rest of its life there
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 02:24 PM
No TW,haven't heard anything.All round this area goes pretty dead during the day,no one about and so quiet.Birds singing is the loudest thing you'll hear Will ask around on our walk later,be more about then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Sorry son didn't make it June. Lunch sounded nice.
Sounds like you had a nice walk Helena.

No car news yet. Getting a bit twitchy expecting not to be back today at this rate.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Flaming 'eck Lynn, thats ridiculous, they could have built a new one in the time its taken to sort the wheel nut problem out
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »