Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ColorMePaisley
New Member!
Female 

30-06-2013, 02:10 AM

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch!

Hello everyone! I'm new to Dogsey! I am a current sophomore in college with a major in Early Childhood Education. And I have a passion for dogs/babies/photography!

So, my mother's boyfriend has the most incredible dog named Honey!
Today I finally got to meet Honey after dropping hints about doing agility during the summer and what not with her. She is AMAZING! This dog would be PERFECT for agility. I mean seriously.... She is gorgeous.

I have zero experience with her breed, and minimal experience with agility. If any of you could offer advice on one or the other or both, I'm all ears!

-----------------------

I'm sure you want to see her right? Well here is the little lady, Honey (a 2 year old APBT).

IloveBlenheims
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've only just joined myself and have already been struck by how friendly everyone is.
Honey is a lovely girl!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Katurah Honey certainly seems to have an appropriate name , even her eyes are the colour of honey and she looks very sweet
ColorMePaisley
New Member!
Female 

30-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by IloveBlenheims View Post
Welcome to the forum. I've only just joined myself and have already been struck by how friendly everyone is.
Honey is a lovely girl!
Thank you!
I'm very excited to be here, it's been a while since I've owned a dog, so I'm looking to learn all I can
ColorMePaisley
New Member!
Female 

30-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Katurah Honey certainly seems to have an appropriate name , even her eyes are the colour of honey and she looks very sweet
That's actually the reason they named her Honey, her beautiful eye color!

Thank you!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Hello What a lovely looking lass she is

I am sure you will learn loads on here.

Hugs to her from me and Loki xx
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Lovely photo of Honey.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
Honey is adorable
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 02:46 PM
The APBT, a wonderful breed... but I'd certainly not recommend this breed for novice or first time dog owners. They are a handful, and are not known for their intelligence or ease of trainability.

Know that this site is mainly populated with UK members, and that the APBT is a banned breed there, so you probably won't get a lot of advice on this breed here.

The APBT is a breed that doesn't normally do agility (look around at agility shows and tell me if you find any!!), but they are great with weight pulling, schutzhund, and wall climbing or jumping competitions for bully breeds.

They are a high, high energy breed, and a purebred APBT will need TONS of exercise and playtime... or it will get bored, and you do NOT want a bored APBT. Also, socialization is EXTREMELY important!!

Without it, you probably will see the breeds natural dog aggression come out, and that is dangerous.. plain and simple. Honey looks like a Jocko/RedBoy line or maybe Spike... red nosed line are the best lines IMO.

She sure looks like a sweet girl, and well behaved as she's laying right near her owner outside off lead. I'd maybe get her into CGC classes or something.

The APBT really is a great breed, it's sad that many people don't know how to own one. It's also sad that they have been watered down and over bred to where a real APBT is extremely rare now and their temperaments have been ruined. Even sadder that people believe all the lies about the breed yet most people wouldn't know a true APBT if they saw one.

Hop online and do some research! I'm sure you'll find out a lot. Welcome to dogsey, not many American members here
but oh, well!

A pitty girl I kept for a few weeks because of not wanting to give her to the shelter to be put down.. eventually adopted by a shelter employee. Power to the pit bull!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome to Dogsey! Despite what the above poster says - we are only in different Countries (not on different planets).

As for there not being 'many Americans' here well I think that's understandable this being a UK website! We have members from countries all over the world however. I am not in the UK (although from the UK). And, although PBs are now a banned breed in the UK it doesn't mean no one here has any knowledge of them.

Not sure how successful 'agility' or any other training will be if you can only do it for a short summer burst. But there are members here who are VERY experienced on the subject of all sorts of training.

Any questions you have on that or other related subjects will receive a greater response if you post them separately in the appropriate section of this site. Not here in the Welcome Forum as often most will just post a quick hello and not go into your post in detail.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >