Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 08:48 AM

Friday 30th December 2022

Couldn't think of a polite word for today as it is flipping raining again. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 09:36 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

A good day for tv catching up and reading then Brenda.

Take a deep breath Kelly and take care of yourself.

Hope you and Dave are now feeling a a lot better Chris.

I think Freya would enjoy a trip in the caravan and dog carting Lynn. Such a lucky girl to have you both.

Yep it is absolutely chucking it down here and no sign of it letting uo soon. Have to go out and pick my sister up from the staton at lunchtime so hope it eases doff a bit by then.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 01:12 PM
Hi Sue and anyone else. Kelly if you have been sending emails I have not been receiving as BT have had issues with my email account. Huh so ongoing. Anyway I hope you are ok. Have a good afternoon all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Evening brenda, Sue and all who follow.
It started off dry but overcast I thought maybe a day to get the line up outside, within minutes it was raining.
So washing is on the airer again.
I made some golden paste (turmeric), coconut oil and black pepper and also made a jar for our neighbour to try.
Had a nice chat on the phone with a friend and we are going to Yorkshire in January for a 4 night visit they are the people who own the 3 Bernese we sat at the end of October.
Lauren is on holiday from the 23rd to the 29th.
We hope it will work by taking Freya away and if we are away for a few days Mark and Lauren will get a couple of days rest.
It might not be needed only if the Sunday we need to cover clashes with an event we would like to attend.
It's a plan.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and had a nice day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 05:51 PM
My bt email account is really up the creak so I just hope it can be sorted by next week. Have a good evening everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 06:32 PM
Brenda, set yourself up with a Gmail account...easy to do and reliable as a back up.
Lynn, hope you have a lovely time when you go away
Sue.... hope your sister enjoys her visit
Got to the bottom of the shiftiness of my dad....he went for a haircut and guitar strings, I said why the hell did you not just say that?? Why be all secretive and shifty? I just told him that it appeared he wanted to start an argument and that he is his own worst enemy
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 07:55 PM
Good wet evening all

Sister popped in this morning and then I went for lunch with a friend "M" the food was not very nice it was the Harvester and I hardly ate any of it oddly "M" and I had the same things and she totally enjoyed hers - odd eh?

Anyhow popped in to see a cousin on the way home, and then home.

Now watching "Macaque - Monkeys in The" on BBC David Attenborough narrating. No great plans for tomorrow or Sunday - take it as it comes was popping for Lunch with my friend who lives on the Boat "Dave" but he thinks he is coming down with something - so will keep him on my radar given his heart issues. Th boat yard he lies at is almost empty this time of year the residents appear to go abroad or to families or cruise off he is a stubborn devil so shall not bother him he is a grown man and he could just be off colour or lurgy.

Anyhow Brenda we have had rain here today but not as heavy as I thought it would be.

Lynn Love it when a plan comes together I am hoping to get to Peterborough to catch up with friend in Jan.

Sue How is your lad feeling now and did he get his insurance sorted for the window?

Griff Maybe its your Dads memory/illness that is making him appear shifty/and or rude maybe his mind is not "functioning" as you may expect. How is Steve feeling?

Chris Hope you are both feeling alright and recovering maybe 2nd lot of antibiotics will help.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2022, 08:50 PM
You will have to let me know when Kazz and if you have the time and I am not Freya sitting or away on the 23rd coming home on the 27th maybe we could catch up ?
Are you staying with your friend if you need a bed let me know we are literally a 5 minute walk from the station and the train goes directly to Peterborough if there are no strikes.
It actually goes to Birmingham New street. Stopping at Peterborough most times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 08:51 PM
Kazz, wise to keep an eye if the other residents have vacated.
No, my dad was deliberately trying to cause an argument, his memory/ dementia is caused by alcohol....can be stopped and improved by not drinking, however that's not going to happen. If he continues I will chuck his stuff on the doorstep and change the locks. Sadly, you can't help someone who doesn't want help. A card arrived today from his sister with "brother and sister in law" on the front, mum text her and told her not to send her a card again, she took her lying cheating brothers side so as far as she is concerned....she isn't her sister in law. Ginny ( dad's sister) did exactly the same to my other aunty and her kids when dad's brother cheated on her, I made it plain back in June that she could eff off and to never contact me or come near the house, she sets one foot near here and she will see exactly what I am like lol. His whole family are weak...none have a backbone or will speak out against any of them doing wrong...I don't care, I say it how it is and get along perfectly well with my life.
Steve is still feeling rough, still testing positive but he tested positive the Wednesday before Christmas so Is free to mix without risk of infecting anyone tomorrow....he has a sick note to cover himself but he says he will go back Monday provided he doesn't take a turn for the worse....I won't get to see him so it's around 5 weeks since I last saw him....no Christmas presents, money that he owes me I daren't pick up or touch....I miss Molly massively
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You will have to let me know when Kazz and if you have the time and I am not Freya sitting or away on the 23rd coming home on the 27th maybe we could catch up ?
Are you staying with your friend if you need a bed let me know we are literally a 5 minute walk from the station and the train goes directly to Peterborough if there are no strikes.
It actually goes to Birmingham New street. Stopping at Peterborough most times.
As well as seeing friends, I am going for a overnight or so stay and catch up with my cousin Stephen and his wife Chris they live about 2 miles from the train station near A47 Stoke Parkway (not seen them since before Covid) so I will let you know would be lovely to catch up in person. Will be staying at my cousin and travelling to my friends. Not sure when just def this coming month and before Valentines, also hoping to catch up with an old old friend in Market Harborough she is moving there. I forget we are relatively close Lynn.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >