Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 07:59 AM

Phew its Friday 23rd December 2022

lol!! Can't spell phew with an f so it will have to do. Hope you all had a good evening. I watched Sky Arts which is different for me. A lovely programme with Christmas Carols. Raining heavily here. Puddles everywhere so it must have been doing it most of the night. Hope you get some dry weather today as I know some of you will be out and about doing last minute stuff. Did you know that Stuff was a heavy duty type carpet in the 1700's? Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 09:41 AM
Good morning Brenda

Raining hard here too so Teazle has gone back to bed Finished wrapping the last of the Christmas/Birthday presents from Ben and Flavia for the girls (I hope). Other than housework nothing planned. Eldest son coming over sometime today so will await the summons to pick up from station

Ben was a lot better yesterday so the antibiotics seem to have worked. Just hope he will be well enough to enjoy Christmas as at the moment he has no energy and just wants to sleep.

Hope all are well or improving. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 09:45 AM
Just found out that royal mail on strike today and tomorrow. Raining still here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2022, 10:06 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Rain here too.
Kazz no word from Joel Mark has left messages, I have left two mentioning his Christmas money and are his bank details still the same ? He had some issues while living with Mark and Lauren but wouldn't take advice and go to the bank.
I did of course ask if he was safe well first.
So we guess he is a no show. Unless at the 11th hour someone gets a message he needs a lift to Marks or from a station.
I think we will all be a tad cross if he does.
The collie we had some friends who had a rescue collie he was a nightmare on a lead regarding bikes and cars. We actually walked him one time alongside Ollie let's just say it was an experience. He was rarely walked on a lead he had excellent recall and they had lots of wooded areas and fields so he was mostly off lead and much happier.

Also when Dillon was a puppy there was an elderly gent who had a rescue collie too, long after the friends collie we knew .
He was a rescue and had been used to herd sheep but failed so was rehomed.
He was a car chaser to but great off lead on the field with again excellent recall, the guy had to walk him on the lead though to get access to the field how he held onto him I never know.
He was harness, collar and double ended lead.
Personally I never understand why some people get a collie who live in a town unless very experienced with the breed and can give them all they need agility etc., and lots of training to keep their minds busy. For example brenda who knows the needs of the breed.
In my personal opinion I would avoid all places with traffic and lots of footfall the dog is obviously stressed beyond it's limits and needs more rural areas to walk and a long line till they get its recall 100% and if not a harness and long line so it can enjoy less stressful walks and lots of sniffing and maybe some jogging if its owners feel up to it.
Or maybe canni cross ?

Ham nearly done just the hoovering and popping out for a few last minute bits then I'm all caught up.

Glad to hear Ben is on the mend.
Chris glad you are feeling better too.
griff hope Steve isn't to bad today and yourself of course.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Awwww Lynn, that's really bad manners of Joel not to let you know what he is doing and not taking your calls, it shouldn't matter what's going on in his life, if his nan rings he should answer......I think you are all incredibly tolerant of him. I understand the woman who gave birth to him ( won't call her mum as she's far from one!) Is obviously a bad influence but he could at least say....thanks for the invite but I am staying here or something. Either way, hopefully he will drop you a message at Christmas, such a shame for you all.
Brenda...I did not know that, I now do lol
Sue, hope your son feels better for Christmas day
Steve feels worse today than yesterday, his chest is killing him from coughing. I have been awake all night coughing and feel like I have been in a bad fight lol. Lost my temper with my dad yesterday, just sitting on his ar*e leaving everything to me and mum, I told him he is lazy, does the same every year and then he turned around and cleaned the downstairs toilet! I am 43 and I have never ever ever seen him clean the toilet, it's just left to me and mum.....she nearly had a heart attack lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2022, 01:42 PM
Sorry you are feeling bad griff and Steve wishing you well soon. My brother isn't doing too well either but went to collect his prescription even though I had said I would get it if he still felt so ill.
My niece is going over today to see him from Kent to swap presents as he won't be going for Christmas they pick him up and drop him home but he just isn't well enough.
I have told Angela I don't mind getting him bits but it would be a leave it on the porch and run job, I cannot risk taking anything to Freya, Michael doesn't want to take anything back to Madrid and Gorden and I can do without another bout of anything flu like for so many reasons.
Why do I allow myself to feel guilty for looking after myself and my family.
Always have done it's a hard habit to break.

I am glad your dad has done something eventually to help.
Yep this seems to be typical Joel, I feel so sorry for Mark and Lauren all they have done for him.
We just hope he is safe and well I am sure we would have been told or at least Mark would have been told if anything had happened.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 03:22 PM
Awww Lynn, your poor brother, whatever I have, it Deffo isn't COVID, another negative test, taken from a different box. I will do the same with Steve, leave stuff and run lol.
I really am very sorry for you Lynn, must be very hurtful with regards the Joel situation.... just hope he doesn't mess his life up too badly being back with that woman
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Tried again messages sent no response as yet.
It is hurtful but what can you do but be there when he needs us again as he undoubtedly will.
Plus we all worry.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 05:15 PM
Good evening all

This flaming cold has hit us both with a vengeance again today, especially Dave who is really ill with it now.

Rang the doctors and they have sent prescriptions for antibiotics through to the chemists for us. Unfortunately, Dave has had to go for them and even without the illness he shouldn't drive at night. The chemists are closed tomorrow because 'they can't get a pharmacist who is willing to work'

Still, at least the 'magic' pills should hopefully help
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all

This flaming cold has hit us both with a vengeance again today, especially Dave who is really ill with it now.

Rang the doctors and they have sent prescriptions for antibiotics through to the chemists for us. Unfortunately, Dave has had to go for them and even without the illness he shouldn't drive at night. The chemists are closed tomorrow because 'they can't get a pharmacist who is willing to work'

Still, at least the 'magic' pills should hopefully help
Blinking heck Chris hope they sort the situation out whatever this "Lurgy" thing is antibiotics do seem to be the answer worked for sister and BIL Stay warm and drink plenty "hugs" In one way better to feel rough today and have got the antibiotics started and working over Christmas
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >