Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Happy we were turned away!!

When we moved in to are house i was really pleased two roads away there was a doggy day care, i did enquire but within that time my boy was attacked three times and became defensive with other dogs.The owner stated he could only take stable dogs that didnt fight as he didnt supervise them all day this in it self should have put me off any way. Last week my oh was walking one of are dogs down a public path by the day care field and he saw two of the dogs fighting and the bloke trying to stop them by really wacking them with a ball launcher,he stopped when saw other half. Then today we were walking both are two about to go down alley when we heard a huge commotion and shouting again it was this bloke stopping a dog fight,we continued and a least 4 of the dogs ran at the fence hackles up barking this guy just stood there bellowing the dogs names they totally ingnoring him. i admit this annoyed me we try really hard to sociallise are boy to improve his temperament and this guy just lets these dogs carry on, big big plus though my boy and girl tottally ignored there out burst and looked model dogs . But all i cansay is im so glad he turned my dogs away would hate to think i placed them some where theyed be hit and bellowed at.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes you had a lucky escape. I think you should report this bloke if he is beating the dogs.

I have a wonderful local boarding kennels here. All the small dogs are not only taken out and walked, but allowed a period of free association if the owner is agreeable.

They do not allow the bigger dogs (which are kept separately well away from the smaller ones) to free associate. They are walked 3 times a day but not let off the lead to mix. Owner told me she just couldn't take the chance as most owners say their dog is fine with other dogs but they'd had incidents. And no one wants to collect their dog and find it has been attacked.

She said they probably tell her that in case she won't take the dog in!

Anyway I am very lucky, my dog loves it there and shows no ill effects or odd behaviour after staying there. Just goes straight back into normal home routine the day I collect her.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Is that guy licensed to look after dogs at his house? He should be able to provide his own exercise area and not be taking them into a public place, I would not be happy to leave a dog of mine in such an establishment, sounds a bit haphazzard
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2011, 04:33 PM
he has them in his own field but it has a path running next to it so thankfully all the dogs are behind a wire fence.i was just conserned how he yells and hits them and seems unable to get them to respond to him.i always keepmy dogs other side of me has fence is type with big square holes so noses and teeth are able to come through
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 09:10 AM
If there is any way you can report him, then I would. Some belong to a dog sitting/walking organisation, not sure what it is called now. Or maybe even trading standards would have a view, as he is hardly providing a suitable or good honest service...

Wys
x
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh that is horrible

you do worry what happens when noone is watching in thess kind of places

I had gone to look at a doggy daycare place when Ben was quite little
It looked really lovely with chill rooms (with crates) play rooms and outside space
But while I was there every time any of the dogs started to play the lady gave both dogs a blast in the face with a jet of water
She explained that she didnt want them playing cos playing can lead to fighting
fair enough - but I wasnt going to have ben punished for trying to play!! he would be so depressed by the end of the day

and if thats while you are there what happens when you are not!!!!