register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:31 PM
yeah a Neo would make mincemeat of mine, they are able to defend theselves, but not against a dog like that. If I have the 2 youngsters with me, well they have always been kept well away from trouble, Cariad and Lona were picked on that often not only by the b....y collie but staffies, english bull terriers, other collies, the list is endless, so they learned to fight back and dislike those breeds, but they wouldn't have a chance either. Its quite scary really when you think about it. I'm going to put the dog wardens number in my phone and if I see him out with them, I'm going to ring the dog warden, I'm a bit worried to be honest
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh that poor little dog, I hope it recovers What an absolute k*ob that bloke is June If I were that poor woman, I'd be putting up big notices all around that park to warn other people about him. I know he'd take them down, but it might, just might make him be a bit more careful I remember when a great big Neo (size of a pony!) grabbed Cassie by the head and had it in his mouth She screamed, I dropped my bike (yes, she was offlead when it grabbed her like that but close to me on the bike) and raced over to her shouting abuse at the owner thankfully, he put her down and the girl dragged him away and put him in the car and came back to check on my poor dog who was completely traumatised but none the worse for wear really which is surprising. She said to me if he had really wanted to hurt her, he could have crushed her head no problems Entirely my fault, cos I was turning a blind corner and it was just *there* Now I know better, I never go where I can't see unless Zena's onlead. Funny how you have to learn lessons like that isn't it, but wouldn't it be nice if ALL dogs were friendly towards each other, but then that's an ideal world isn't it, and it aint gonna happen.

Lynn, how strange about that interview, let's hope he satisfied them enough to land that job, still got everything crossed for him.

I've been busy gardening, it's such a glorious evening, been de-heading the camelia's and intermittently lobbing Zena's ball in the air for her to catch. She's absolutely fine now, definitely not suffering with any acid tum now thank the Lord.

Off to ring Dave now, I've just ordered him a fridge online from Currys for his van cos his blew up and he can't find one, but then he is a man lol.

Hi to Sally cos you're bound to pop in when I'm not around, but I'll pop back to say goodnight, and enjoy your D.a.D session tonight.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Everyone will know now Helena, thats how come I got a text about it, nothings a secret for long round here!!!
I'll be keeping my eyes open for him,and if I see him with them and that thing's offlead, then I'm going to take a piccie and send it over to the dog wardens office. Strangely its always the staffie thats been a pain in the rear, never seen that dog do much more than wander around, do a dump and then go back in again, poor things, that is their life, he'll walk round with them,mug of tea or child in hand, they'll do a dump, then he'll follow them back in, still with mug of tea or child in hand,never picks up of course No wonder its gone off on one really when you think, small terrace house, and 3 dogs none of them had a minutes training or proper exercise, recipe for disaster isn't it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Good idea June having the dog warden number in your phone.
That would of terrified me Helena.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:55 PM
I always thought the dog was a Dogge de Bordeaux so it never worried me before, like Helena said, it can quite easily crush Zena's skull (or her's or mine for that matter) if it wanted.
Well we'll see what tomorrow brings, maybe its the ghost of the Field W@nker come back to haunt us all!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 05:55 PM
How frustrating does that interview sound Lynn? Fingers crossed.

June I could NOT put up with any of that crap. I only live where I've sussed it out for the dog. And if that turns out not to be as I hoped it would, I put the DOG IN THE CAR and I drive to where it IS a pleasant experience.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Evening people...........and reading through the thread today had my heart thumping

Having ascertained that Tilley was fine, I then saw that Zena was having a flare up of her IBS. H, no wonder you had a horrible night you poor old bean you, but thank goodness she seems to be settling down now after her visit to that astonishingly good vet. Fingers and eyes crossed here.

TW - what a truly ghastly thing to happen and that poor little dog I knew that it would be a good thing when you got chatting to the dog warden, but never thought that it would be so soon that problems arose. As you say, the way that those dogs are kept is a real recipe for disaster.

Round here there is only one dog really that is a true worry and as is the norm it is probably not the fault of the dog. I have seen the owner with this dog since it was a puppy a couple of years ago, and even then I was very apprehensive because he never put it on a lead and it was something rather more than boisterous. I am not sure what it is breed wise, but it looks like a mix between a bull mastiff and an American bull terrier. Who knows. Anyway, last week we were on our usual walk when his lordship turned around and spotted this chap with the dog behind us - on lead. Jimmi sniffed and faffed around until the duo were upon us, and we were entering a footpath away from roads........the chap (in somewhat rough tones) asked politely enough if he could go on ahead so that he could let his dog off, and I replied "of course, just as long as he doesn't double back to our dog". The reply was along the lines of "well he won't dare come back past me, because he would get the sh*t kicked out of him"

Is it any wonder these poor dogs turn bad? One thing that I really cannot tolerate in any shape or form is owners hitting or kicking their dogs.

Lynn I hope that Mark hears some good news - I wonder why the interview was so weird

Tang, I wanted to say something to you but it has gone from my befuddled brain Love to Bella anyway.

I've lost my paddle
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately thats where I live, and I can't move because of one horrid man, I stuck it out for as long as I could, but was scared of answering the door in the end because I kept finding the police or dog warden on the doorstep, hence me spending a summer in the back bedroom or on the river. Of course using the back gate had its own problems, because of course the b.....y collie was at large
Both 'problems' are quite literally dead and gone now, and I am still here, so a victory of sorts
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Sally, you poor poor thing, what particular creek were you and your canoe paddling up when you lost the paddle
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
That's good then really June. And yes Sally it is no wonder that some of the dogs 'turn bad'. Its a miracle MORE OF THEM don't.
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »