Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 05:12 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone. Up at 5 today as Gorden needed to leave at 6 this morning he has literally just left.
Not sure if the sun will shine today but its dry so that's a good start.
The garden looks very pretty we have two blue and yellow windbreaks up so Dillon can't access the bottom of the garden the shingle area as the people in the bungalow are putting up a new fence. Posts first then fencing so it will be open for a few days.
I have the lady from down the road paying a visit at 11 she is like the neighbourhood watch co-ordinator except they don't call it neighbourhood watch and we get a parish magazine monthly and emails about things that have happened in the village. I will be asking if she knows where the commotion came from Sunday morning and more about the pub.
Apart from that the usual stuff walking Dillon and housework. No car this week that is in the garage having work done to get it through its mot.

Linda I noticed although Loki isn't fully recovered the seizures have stopped and hopefully he will back to his normal self. The Communion went well also pleased to hear that. Hopefully today will be more restful you.

I hope everyone else is feeling much better who has or is been poorly and all four legged friends too.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Work all day for me today as usual, then this evening at 7pm I have a chap coming round about doing all my odd jobs as they arise. I know this one, if we can agree a price, will be ok as he works during the day with my BIL and my sister knows him and his whole family well.

Linda I hope Loki has had a peaceful night.

Lynn I hope your neighbours get the fencing done fairly quickly and the windbreaks hold Dillon in.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Morning Bev I hope work isn't too busy. That sounds better having a workman your family know.
We think the wind breaks will keep Dillon in he is frightened of the noise they make in the wind.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 06:03 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Dave went off at 6 am too but I went back to sleep along with Zena. I'm glad he's gone for 4 days, I can now relax back into my slower lifestyle, but of course it was great to have a chauffeur to get everything done that I needed to do. I had to drag the poor man back to Dunelms yesterday for another one of those dog related cushions cos I had forgotten about doing the cushion change-overs so we needed two, but I told him to wait in the car, and he was well impressed with my 5 minute in and out of the store (that's a first! )

Managed to book that very last week I had on offer in the small van last night too.

Linda hope Loki is now back to normal today, and glad to hear everything went so well yesterday, apart from the priest with that knife.

Lynn, is this in readiness for the new garden take-over, or maybe he just needs a new fence. Shall I ring you before that lady comes at 11 or shall we leave it till this evening now cos I need to ring my cleaners and she can't half go ooooon

Dave has an interview this Friday with that local garage. It's for the manager's position and the best bit is, instead of a half hour journey to work for the branch he thought it was at, the owner has moved the manager from there, meaning the job available is now in the Hastings branch which is within walking distance. He's already chatted to the owner over the phone and says he's a down to earth chap who he gets on with, but dave is reluctant to take on a manager's job again......wait for it.... cos he's not sure if he wants to wear a shirt and tie all day long Can you belieeeve that, when such a good opportunity has arisen on the doorstep!!!

Same ol same old gere today then, me fumbling around trying to get a bit done in the house and Tony is on duty for walking Zena.

Hope you're all ok along with the doglets and enjoy your Monday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Morning Helena head lines for the local rag you being in and out of Dunelms in 5 minutes.
at Dave and the shirt and tie. He will soon get use to it.
Good news about the van.
Shall we leave the phone call till about 5 I have to walk Dillon and then get the house straight before this woman turns up I am hoping it will be a quick in and out not in the mood for entertaining really today. Unless of course you want to ring now.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Good morning, Helena, Lynn, Bev and all who follow. Some have got a flying start to the week. Glad the First Holy Communion went well..

Just seen the dreaded baler up along the back road...The weekend and especially yesterday was blissfully peaceful and people free. And I bought new ear plugs and today being the day before a long market will needfully be off my feet. Hand is aching after all the gardening yesterday so that is fine.

Just the jams to label and trim

Collie is cranky so may yet be back to bed for the dogs in the heat as she is happier in there. Else she will just bark all day... They have had a good time out as I had rubbish to burn and plants to water and move around as the seedlings grow. Although they have had a huge breakfast so may settle yet.

Knitting fingerless mitts now....waiting for baby yarn to arrive...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Morning Bev, you snuck in there whilst I was typing, don't work too hard today.

Lol Lynn, that was a one off I can assure you, but on the way to that cushion, I did grab a lovely grey and white throw which I nearly bought on Saturday but put it back cos it was too expensive for the van really, but not too expensive for my bed at home!! Won't ring now cos I need to get Zena organised for Tony who can arrive anytime from 8 to 8.30. Maybe that woman might be an in and out job like me in Dunelms

Morning Rose, hope Collie is doing better now and can cope somewhere with the heat. We have no heat today, quite cloudy here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Morning Rose busy weekend for you hope today will be calmer. Also hoping the ear plugs work.

Shall we leave it till 5 then or a bit later even if you like. I have to get Dillon fed and organised for the woman that walks him.
I am hoping she will be an in and out job unless of course she has lots of gossip. Dillon will be on his harness and lead not sure how she is with big dogs especially hairy slobbery ones that think they should sit on your lap.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Bev, you snuck in there whilst I was typing, don't work too hard today.

Lol Lynn, that was a one off I can assure you, but on the way to that cushion, I did grab a lovely grey and white throw which I nearly bought on Saturday but put it back cos it was too expensive for the van really, but not too expensive for my bed at home!! Won't ring now cos I need to get Zena organised for Tony who can arrive anytime from 8 to 8.30. Maybe that woman might be an in and out job like me in Dunelms

Morning Rose, hope Collie is doing better now and can cope somewhere with the heat. We have no heat today, quite cloudy here.
thanks helena; collie is still getting used to reading braille of course..needs great care still but that is fine. at her age...

cloudy and oppressively warm here with continuing high humidity over ireland which after all is one great bog surrounded by sea.

dratted wrist is already weather reactive. hopefully you escaped without nerve and tendon damage. will be seeking aspirin imminently

speaking of throws, was given a beautiful large and ornate hand knitted blanket at one charity shop. purple and jade. grand on my bed this winter.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose busy weekend for you hope today will be calmer. Also hoping the ear plugs work.

Shall we leave it till 5 then or a bit later even if you like. I have to get Dillon fed and organised for the woman that walks him.
I am hoping she will be an in and out job unless of course she has lots of gossip. Dillon will be on his harness and lead not sure how she is with big dogs especially hairy slobbery ones that think they should sit on your lap.
thanks lynn... no work yet so maybe he was going further up the lane! it is like waiting for the other shoe to drop

these are contractors not the farmers so they work flat out. two tractors... it is all very dry so that may shorten it as they can cut and bale immediately.

one farm they had a series of high sided trucks that used to line up by the mower; a sileage pit not bales. it was fascinating to watch, like a great ballet.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »