Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread. (Monday) New Years Eve

Morning everyone and a Happy New Year. I put the day up today as well as the reference to New Years Eve in case anyone has lost track of the days like I have.

It is a tad chilly here and very windy again. Had a bit of a lie-in after getting up at 10.30pm with Dillon who wanted to go to the toilet came straight in went back to bed and then woke again at 5.30ish then wouldn't settle. Gorden got up with him I went. back to bed but did not sleep properly but did lie-in till 7ish.

Quiet day again here today and no celebrating for us still under the weather me in particular. We haven't celebrated the seeing in of New Year for 8 years now anyway so no difference for us.
For all of those having parties or friends round have a lovely time and I am expecting some funny typing later today from those who may partake of a little too much.
I hope yo have some good headache remedies for the morning.

Gorden has just informed me it has started raining. Well that makes a change doesn't it ?
The weather people did say it is meant to get better for the New Year for a while anyway and I think its sometime next week we may see double figures temperature wise with some showers thrown in.

Have a lovely day everyone and if traveling take care.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Morning Lynn and all and happy New Year.
I am off to the vets with Kyiro this morning for a bandage change and to discuss amputation and to find out the cost, he is insured, which will cover it but they won't do direct claims, so I need to know now how long it will be before i can afford to get it done. The poor boy cannot carry on like this.

I won't be out partying tonight either, I will be here trying to keep Kyiro calm while the dreaded fireworks are going off.
Charly and Ash on the other hand intend going somewhere dressed as Batman and Robin. Ash drove the 5 hour journey back yesterday and within 15 mins of him being here they were trying on their new fancy dress outfits which had arrived while he was away. The house has been full of their laughter and practical jokes since he got back at 4pm yesterday.
They don't know where they are going yet, they have decided against London, and then were going to drive to Dover but they have seen the weather forecast for there so now they plan to get in the car and just drive till they find somewhere and then find somewhere to stay over. So if anyone has any suggstions? They are willing to drive for up to about 3 hrs or so.
Lynn I really hope you start to feel better soon. Hopefully in the morning, the start of a New Year you will wake up and feel renewed.
If your celebrating tonight take care and enjoy yourselves, if not have a nice peaceful evening.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Morning all

Up at 6am today as Kibo really needed to go out, I can't complain as he normally will sleep until I get up which can be anytime between 6.30 and 9.30! He had sardines last night and hasn't had them for a while, so I'm laying the blame on them!

He's now waiting patiently for me to get dressed and take him out for a walk. Is it just me, or does it seem to be getting darker in the mornings rather than creeping gently towards having more light?

Not a lot planned for the day, I need to catch up with some work this morning, then we'll take the boy out for a good long walk this afternoon to tire him out for tonight. We're planning a relatively quiet night with a table booked at our favourite restaurant at 9pm. I say quiet, but with 5 grown up step-children, you never know how the evening will go as we've already had one request to meet up for a drink afterwards....

To all those who celebrate, have a fabulous night and I wish you all a wonderful 2013. I can't thank you all enough for the help that this forum has given me raising Kibo into a well rounded, well mannered ,lovely to be around dog. I'm sure if I hadn't have discovered Dogsey it would all have been much more fraught than it actually was
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all and happy New Year.
I am off to the vets with Kyiro this morning for a bandage change and to discuss amputation and to find out the cost, he is insured, which will cover it but they won't do direct claims, so I need to know now how long it will be before i can afford to get it done. The poor boy cannot carry on like this.

I won't be out partying tonight either, I will be here trying to keep Kyiro calm while the dreaded fireworks are going off.
Charly and Ash on the other hand intend going somewhere dressed as Batman and Robin. Ash drove the 5 hour journey back yesterday and within 15 mins of him being here they were trying on their new fancy dress outfits which had arrived while he was away. The house has been full of their laughter and practical jokes since he got back at 4pm yesterday.
They don't know where they are going yet, they have decided against London, and then were going to drive to Dover but they have seen the weather forecast for there so now they plan to get in the car and just drive till they find somewhere and then find somewhere to stay over. So if anyone has any suggstions? They are willing to drive for up to about 3 hrs or so.
Lynn I really hope you start to feel better soon. Hopefully in the morning, the start of a New Year you will wake up and feel renewed.
If your celebrating tonight take care and enjoy yourselves, if not have a nice peaceful evening.
Morning Bev good luck at the vets with Kyiro not a nice thing to be discussing.
We are off later hopefully to the vet too if they have the Superlorin in.
If not it will be on order for as quick as possible he is really struggling with these hormones of his like some young teenagers I suppose. He is not having an easy transition into adulthood. We are definitely struggling with him too now. It is something financially we could well do without at the moment. Beans on toast for the New Year then.
I hope Charly and Ash find somewhere to celebrate tonight and they stay safe.
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
Morning all

Up at 6am today as Kibo really needed to go out, I can't complain as he normally will sleep until I get up which can be anytime between 6.30 and 9.30! He had sardines last night and hasn't had them for a while, so I'm laying the blame on them!

He's now waiting patiently for me to get dressed and take him out for a walk. Is it just me, or does it seem to be getting darker in the mornings rather than creeping gently towards having more light?

Not a lot planned for the day, I need to catch up with some work this morning, then we'll take the boy out for a good long walk this afternoon to tire him out for tonight. We're planning a relatively quiet night with a table booked at our favourite restaurant at 9pm. I say quiet, but with 5 grown up step-children, you never know how the evening will go as we've already had one request to meet up for a drink afterwards....

To all those who celebrate, have a fabulous night and I wish you all a wonderful 2013. I can't thank you all enough for the help that this forum has given me raising Kibo into a well rounded, well mannered ,lovely to be around dog. I'm sure if I hadn't have discovered Dogsey it would all have been much more fraught than it actually was
Morning Annie. What a lovely post.
I am sure all the people in Dogsey who have helped you are more than happy to of done and will of been very pleased the advice has worked for Kibo.
Enjoy your meal tonight.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone and echoing all the good wishes.

Up since 4 am as usual; my time to call family overseas across time xones. Could not get an answer, then a very quick message that there has been a bad car smash. So keeping vigil here today. candle and prayer. A hard end to a hard year for us. May be a while before I hear more. but I am well used to this now; we also serve who simply wait and pray as old ones have always done.

Blessings and peace to all
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev Annie and all

It's blowing here and as it's darkening I think the rain is imminent!

Glad you're taking it easy Lynn, I hope Dillon is calming down a bit.

I will be thinking of Kyiro, not a good decision to have to make, let us know how it goes.

I am having the first day to myself (and the dogs) for over a week!! I am not planning much, just mooching around, a bit of walking, (although the dogs wont be keen if it's wet) a lot of nail grinding, haven't done them for at least two weeks, and checking out teeth.

I don't celebrate new year anymore, used to have parties which went on until 4am, I miss those days, I am working on New Years day so might just have a glass of bubbly early in the evening.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning Lynn, Bev and Annie and all who follow (or I miss while typing ),

Lynn - I'm sorry you are still not feeling 100% - the viruses going round do seem to last for so long . Regarding Dillon waking you up at 10.30 - have you tried staying up later and maybe having a catnap mid evening to help you do that? My two go out for their last toilet break any gtime after 11. Unless there is something wrong, I always get to lie in until 7.30 ish.
I really hope that you wake up tomorrow 2013 feeling better.

Bev - Good luck at the vet with poor Kyiro. It must have been so stressful for you all . I hope you have a pleasant quiet evening.

Annie - It sounds as though your evening at the restaurant will be far from quiet Guarantee if you are still there at midnight the rest of the diners will be exceeding noisy anyway Have a lovely time.

It's pouring with rain here already - I'm really hacked off with it as it could well make the Bourne rise again. No pavements here and road is covered in silt from the last flooding and the grass verges are like wet muddy sponges. I just hope I can get the boys out for a decent walk.

I'm off to Tesco as we seem to have run out of all the basics and then I was hoping to go to M&S to see if there is anything I fancy as I was given some vouchers.

Enjoy your day everyone and good luck again Bev.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Meant to say, that my OH and I are due out tonight at a neighbours but their house is still surrounded with water so it will be either wellies or waders to get there It's from 10.30 onwards which suits me fine as I won't have to leave the dogs for long.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning all.

Dry here at the moment, but the wind is really whipping up a storm. Roll on spring!!!

We don't celebrate New Years either. Used to, but these days can't be bothered with it. When I say used to, I am going back some 15 or so years

I have thanks to offer that aren't dog related at all. Although I didn't post too much during the worrying time we had with Gary recently, it was a stress buster to be able to get it all down and out of my system every day and you lot were so very kind with your comments and positive vibes. Such a generous bunch of people - thank you xx

We have got rain forecast for much of the day so I've no idea what we'll be doing. I need to take back one of the pairs of glasses I got last week because they just aren't right. Nearly, but not quite - if you know what I mean. It's as though the left lens is slightly steamed up. Of course, it isn't, but that's the best way I can describe it. My guess is that they haven't quite got the transition (varifocals) spot on on that lens, but I'll see what they have to say. It can't really be the prescription as the other pair are fine.

Time for a shower and a coffee then see what the weather holds as to what we'll do.

Have a good 'un all. For those celebrating, commiserations in advance for the hangovers tomorrow xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Bev, I hope that the vets goes as well as can be expected today for you.

We don't have many plans for today. Dave was given some homebase vouchers for Christmas so we might go and look at getting some new lights for the hall and stairs.

We won't be out partying tonight - we've got some nice food and wine and will probably be asleep before the New Year comes round

Have a good day all
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »