Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Puppy SOS - Brad Pattison

On now on Sky Livingit. Will be interesting to see if his methods have improved since his previous programme.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Anybody seem this programme? I've found it on some random Sky channel and I'm busy swearing at the screen. They are trying to train a scared puppy. He's so scared of the man in the house that he hides under furniture and wees. The family thought he was scared. The trainer has told them he is not scared, he's trying to be the boss.

The puppy hides under the bed so the trainer crawls underneath with him. The puppy is displaying classic appeasement, turning head and lifting paw. The trainer said he is "playing broken by lifting his paw. He's not broken! He's a master manipulator! Just look what happens when I touch his tail!" the dog snaps. Trainer claims the puppy has shown his true colours. Right so trapping a scared dog under a bed, invading it's space, ignoring it's calming signals and touching it's tail so it felt it had not alternative than to warning snap has nothing to do with it...,

I've seen his stop it chasing horses by yanking the collar and yelling leave it

Attaching the puppy by an umbilical lead to each if three children for 30 mins a day. The poor dog is getting dragged around by them for 1 and 1/2 hours a day, pulling backwards and looking miserable

Get marched around a city despite the fact it is a sensitive puppy raised on a ranch

What a total idiot. This poor nervous dog is just getting bullied because of this trainers advice. I'm changing the channel right now....
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Just found out it's Brad Pattison that explains a lot...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I just posted about this. To say I am unimpressed would be the understatement of the century.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I refuse to watch anything with that animal abuser in.

I'm horrified he is still allowed on TV.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 06:49 AM
I think the 'cute' cut scenes with puppies is trying to raise his image. I watched the same episode last night because I wondered if he'd improved any - he hasn't and Moon's Mum has described exactly how I felt about it. Rubbish.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-04-2012, 06:58 AM
the answer lies with us all, if you have watched it and feel it is wrong then contact the programme makers and complain or start a campaign, that is how most people began to see Milan was mostly wrong.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 08:37 AM
This idiot is worse than Cesar Millan by quite a long way. I'm just glad I can't get the channel it's on or I might have put my foot through the TV.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
the answer lies with us all, if you have watched it and feel it is wrong then contact the programme makers and complain or start a campaign, that is how most people began to see Milan was mostly wrong.
Plenty of people have. All the videos of him abusing dogs on YouTube, bar one or two, have been removed.

If you disagree or complain about him, he tries to slap a lawsuit on you.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I hate him! There is a so called dog trainer in my town that apprenticed with him... I would very much like to shoot her too! I saw him once, training a boy and a dog at the park near my house a few years ago. I was walking Scout, who, at the time didn't like other dogs when on leash (she'd lunge and bark) So I was working on getting eye contact and focus from her. Well, I'm walking along, paying very little attention on what's going on around me, getting a heel and eye contact from Scout. When I spot TV CAMERA'S! then that a-hole doesn't even ask if the dog he's working with can meet us, he's too busy telling the boy what he's doing. and walks the dog right up to scout, whom I'd put in a sit in front of me watching me. he let's the dog surprise her from behind. the dog was all stiff, but Scout, after the initial surprise was more interested in the food in my hand, so ignored the dog. who was then yanked away, just as he was getting ready to go for her...

I was very mad! They asked me to sign a release. I told them no, I dont want any part of an abusive program, then walked away.

I'm ashamed he calls himself a Canadian!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >