Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2009, 08:11 PM

Brad Pattison - At the End of My Leash

http://www.ipdta.org/#Caesar_Milan_and_Brad_Patterson

While Promethean (choses to annoy you by referring ot himself in the 3rd person) lives in the US, he is from the good part of the continent - I am Canadian.

We have an even bigger problem than the Cesar Millan, he is called Brad Pattison. It's all the bad advice and sometimes worse including outright lies but without any of Millan's likeable qualities.

Aside from being an abrasive, rude and arrogant jerk his methods and his adherence to this outdated dominance theory make him a poor role model for all dog owners. In his show "At the End of My Leash" he's been shown throwing gates at dogs, destroying property, intentionally opening gates to let dogs run into the street and slapping dogs in the face and more. In a recent interview he said that "dogs will figure out your weakness and plot to exploit it"

On top of that he sells dog training "certifications" based on a 21 hour course. Who knew 21 hours was all it took to become an expert and start your own dog training biz? Among the things you "learn" is that "treat training" will make the dog attack children, dogs are out to get you, they will pretend to be afraid to manipulate the owner and pinning the dog for 20-30 minutes at a time - several times a day - helps you establish dominance over a puppy.

There used to be a lot of videos on Youtube showing his mistreatment of dogs, but it looks like he's gone and complained about them and they are no longer available.

http://aboutdogtraining.blip.tv/#1798948
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Watched in in action on one of the TV channels...

The man is one prize idiot

Cant realy say much more than that.
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Anybody seen the episode of the simpsons where the dog trainer makes bart choke santa's little helper? Well thats what the video reminded me of.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Can't be bothered watching the episode. Seen one already and once was enough. He's a total eejit with no social skills. And aparently feeding anything but dog food will kill your dog. Nuff said
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I have seen this morons TV show

That clip made me feel sick I would have swung for him if he'd done that to one of mine

Jann
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Note the look on the faces of the other owners on that clip. I would not return to that class if I witnessed that!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
flipping eck, I'd never heard of the bloke before you posted that link up, but OMG how the hell can an idiot like him call himself a dog trainer, and what the hell are tv channels doing filming and showing stuff like that!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I remember watching this program last year.

In one episode, his idea of "training" a dog aggressive dog was bring his own dog -- off lead and totally un restrained -- into the garden of the DA dog, who was also off leash, to 'work it out'. Sure enough, a fight broke out. He then, if I remember correctly, grabbed the DA dog by the scruff dragging him across the garden and screamed in it's face while holding him by the jowls. I think he then forcibly held the dog on the ground and the poor dog was scared sh!tless.

I was totally floored by this mad man. You bring an OFF LEAD dog into the territory of a known dog aggressive dog and expect nothing to happen? the stupidity of some people is unbelievable. And the most scary thought is that some people may try to immitate this mans dangerous "training" methods.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I remember watching this program last year.

In one episode, his idea of "training" a dog aggressive dog was bring his own dog -- off lead and totally un restrained -- into the garden of the DA dog, who was also off leash, to 'work it out'. Sure enough, a fight broke out. He then, if I remember correctly, grabbed the DA dog by the scruff dragging him across the garden and screamed in it's face while holding him by the jowls. I think he then forcibly held the dog on the ground and the poor dog was scared sh!tless.

I was totally floored by this mad man. You bring an OFF LEAD dog into the territory of a known dog aggressive dog and expect nothing to happen? the stupidity of some people is unbelievable. And the most scary thought is that some people may try to immitate this mans dangerous "training" methods.

No way! How did this guy become a trainer - does he actually like dogs?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
No way!
Yes way, sadly. I wonder if the episodes are online. The nutter has to be seen to be believed...he makes Cesar look like Mother Theresa
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »