Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Our New Patio (pic heavy)

We have gardens either side of our house, as it is split level the garden is too. The people we bought it from were never there so it was basically slabbed everywhere with lots of overgrown bushes and two really steep concrete stairs which were a nightmare for a clumsy person like me

The slabs had literally been thrown down so we decided to have the top patio area, which leads from our lounge re-slabbed and the area made larger, it previously had about 10 foot square of slabs and the rest was gravel with weeds coming through.

We were so pleased with what the builder had done, and he had no more bookings, that I asked Clive if we could please have the stairs made wider, (also so that Leon could navigate them too), which he agreed to, and then he said we may as well have the whole of that side done in them whilst we were at it.

We are thrilled with it, we had breakfast out there this morning, and an afternoon sandwich and cuppa. Leon loves it out there as he lays on the slabs to keep cool, there is a big tree to lay under if he wants, and plenty of bushes to mooch around if the fancy takes him.

We are hoping to completely turf the garden on the other side so that we have two totally different areas to relax in.

I have a photo of the garden when we moved in:

And here is the finished article, (please excuse the odd bits and pieces laying around, we still need to do a bit of tidying up in places)

The new stairs

The patio area just outside the garage door, Clive works from the garage so it's handy just being able to walk through and have a cuppa and relax

The patio area leading to the lounge doors

His nibs getting in on the action

The opposite end of the lounge doors

The view from the upper level

My lovely water feature...I was desperate for one but Clive didn't want to have to run water or power out to it, so we bought this lovely solar powered fountain, it has grecian urns in aluminium and the top one flows into the next one and so on...it's lovely to hear the sound of trickiling water and it goes mad when the sun is really shining

Another view of the top level

My clock

And finally, the pathway alongside the garage leading to the front access

Thanks for looking
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2010, 05:10 PM
That is lovely Sheree I can see why you are so pleased with it.

Leon looks happy with it too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow, what an improvement, it's lovely, and I adore that big round wall, and that statue (I want it!!!!) and your clock too, I want one of those for my summer house! It's so nice seeing what a difference having a few builders in can do isn't it, worth all their mess in the end!

Where you have that new patio from the french doors, I had my decking put down, and I got one of those big blinds fixed on the wall above the french doors, which makes it like another room outside, lots of shade for the dogs to lie out there, and it keeps the lounge a lot cooler.

He's done a good job there Sheree, you must be well pleased with it now!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I love it hun, such a lovely finish xxxxxxxxxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
That is lovely Sheree I can see why you are so pleased with it.

Leon looks happy with it too.
Thanks Lynn...he has been pottering about whilst the builder was working, he loves it when we sit out there and he can join us

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Wow, what an improvement, it's lovely, and I adore that big round wall, and that statue (I want it!!!!) and your clock too, I want one of those for my summer house! It's so nice seeing what a difference having a few builders in can do isn't it, worth all their mess in the end!

Where you have that new patio from the french doors, I had my decking put down, and I got one of those big blinds fixed on the wall above the french doors, which makes it like another room outside, lots of shade for the dogs to lie out there, and it keeps the lounge a lot cooler.

He's done a good job there Sheree, you must be well pleased with it now!
Thanks H Clive is talking about getting a sun canopy over the patio doors, (sounds like something similar to yours), we've just bought a gazebo to go out there ready for the wedding but once that's over and done with we will probably invest in one. The garden is a real sun trap and we sometimes have to close the curtains in the lounge as it's so bright, it will be lovely to be able to sit in there comfortable whilst looking out over the patio. We are really pleased with it, it has made such a difference out there. My parents have given us a big wooden and wrought iron garden set consisting of a table, bench and two armchairs, so it really made us get on with sorting the garden out.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I love it hun, such a lovely finish xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Steph...it was such a difficult choice deciding which slabs etc to go with, but we are pleased with how it ended up xxxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-05-2010, 06:34 PM
It looks great! Wish my garden was as nice as it
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Very Nice He's done a fab job!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 07:00 PM
That is really lovely Sheree. I love that clock too and I need to steal your table and chairs as I am desperate for a green set for my garden
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 07:12 PM
It's beautiful!! What a lot of work you have both done but now you can sit back and reap the rewards!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks brilliant, The doggie seem to like it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >