register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is you dog allowed on the sofa?
Yes! All the time, they can come on and off as they please, so long as they get off when asked. 111 70.25%
Only if they sneak on. 4 2.53%
Only when invited. 23 14.56%
No, never. 17 10.76%
Other 5 3.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:56 AM
mine used to be on all the time, but we got a new suite yesterday so for now they are not allowed on but I am sure that will change in time
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Well my two sleep on the sofa at bedtimes. I put a cover on and they know they can get on there then. When my hubby is away if they want to come up and sit with me they can, but they don't very often bother, he doesn't allow it when he is home and we all respect that! when he is away they come and 'protect' me on the bed but don't attempt to get on it when he is here. As soon as he drives out of the gate they seem to know he is going for a fair while and they are racing for pole position on the bed which I find hilarious. Just before he gets back I have a mega spring clean to get rid of any evidence.......lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I have voted other. Ollie use to be allowed when well in fact he had a sofa of his own but since his mobility problems he is not allowed as it is not good for him now getting up and down. If he was still able it would be yes but because of mobility problems it now has to be a no.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:28 PM
To start with I didnt let them on the sofa when eating but the rest of the time yes
In general they ask to come up tho and get off as soon as I ask them too

Ben is currently right next to me on the sofa - Mia is sunbathing by the fire
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:33 PM
My Misty has only one rule when on sofa. Some part of her has to be resting on my lap!! So when dad says get the dog off the sofa me and Mum can say, "She's not on the sofa, she on our lap!!" LOL!! Works like a charm every time.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Well my two sleep on the sofa at bedtimes. I put a cover on and they know they can get on there then. When my hubby is away if they want to come up and sit with me they can, but they don't very often bother, he doesn't allow it when he is home and we all respect that! when he is away they come and 'protect' me on the bed but don't attempt to get on it when he is here. As soon as he drives out of the gate they seem to know he is going for a fair while and they are racing for pole position on the bed which I find hilarious. Just before he gets back I have a mega spring clean to get rid of any evidence.......lol
You little devil. I'm going to tell
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Pepsi has just dragged her Dads jumper off the back of the sofa onto the seat and is curled up on it fast asleep.
I guess thats a yes then!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Awwwwww - she is so sweet
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
You little devil. I'm going to tell
ha ha - he knows already........it doesn't really bother him as long as they don't do it when he's about. We shut them in the bedroom the other Sunday when we had guests (we have a tiny house) Jake got up on Bill's side with his muddy paws-eek-when we went to bed he noticed of course and moaned so much I just turned the covers inside out and I had the muddy bits!! am I a slob or what???? answers on a postcard...............
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:44 PM
All of ours are allowed on any of the sofas (leather for easy cleaning ) as long as they get off when told to
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >