Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
And here is Roxy's wound as it was tonight at 5pm. Looking good, I think!

And she has finished all her meds today, too, so just giving he some Arnica now for a few days more.

Having enlarged the screen to have a good look, it looks fine to me.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I am certainly no expert but that last picture does look so much better than the first, I think you can begin to rest easy now, with the AB's and other medication she's well on the way to recovery.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Roxy's wound as it is tonight, 12 days after the op, 8 days after the dressing came off.

I think it looks fine, apart from that black and pink bit which doesn't appear to be going away, perhaps that's the tissue 'break down' the nurse mentioned on the phone yesterday (see other thread)?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow when we're next at the vet school.

Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 08:53 PM
She has done so well. The wound is healing up brilliantly.

I think the black bit will turn into a scab and drop off as it heals from the inside out.

Well Done to You and Roxy x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
She has done so well. The wound is healing up brilliantly.

I think the black bit will turn into a scab and drop off as it heals from the inside out.

Well Done to You and Roxy x
Thank you, she has been very, very good and coping fantastically well, I'm very proud of her.

I hope you're right about the black bit, I really do. It doesn't, at the moment, look like it will, but I'm certainly no expert so perhaps this is normal and that's what will happen!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:38 PM
And her wound tonight, 15 days after surgery....

12 days ago and today for comparison....

Looks well on the mend, I think! And she's walking on it much more and stretching etc. She's not bothered with it in the slightest either! Good girl!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Tremendous improvement in the before and after pics there. I'd just check to make sure it doesn't feel 'hot' as that can indicate infection.

As for the bit that might scab, when one of my dogs had an 'open bit' on a wound after surgery that was scabbing up and looking black like that - the vet told me not to let it scab? To bathe it to stop it scabbing. I was surprised actually as I always thought 'scabs' protected whatever was going on underneath. I wouldn't take this as advice. Just thought I'd mention it so you can ask yourself about scabbing.

I wish I could remember what he said about why - I seem to recall that it was to do with the skin not 'knitting together' if the scab kept it apart? I dunno. As I say - just that you mentioning the black scab reminded me.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Tremendous improvement in the before and after pics there. I'd just check to make sure it doesn't feel 'hot' as that can indicate infection.

As for the bit that might scab, when one of my dogs had an 'open bit' on a wound after surgery that was scabbing up and looking black like that - the vet told me not to let it scab? To bathe it to stop it scabbing. I was surprised actually as I always thought 'scabs' protected whatever was going on underneath. I wouldn't take this as advice. Just thought I'd mention it so you can ask yourself about scabbing.

I wish I could remember what he said about why - I seem to recall that it was to do with the skin not 'knitting together' if the scab kept it apart? I dunno. As I say - just that you mentioning the black scab reminded me.
She had it checked at the Vet School on Tuesday and they said it's healing very well and the surgeon did a fantastic job (see previous posts on this).

The black bit that I didn't like the look of is due to the skin flap she had done to cover the defect left by the tumour removal and apparently perfectly normal! It's looking and feeling better and doesn't feel hot to the touch.

She had a nice 20 minute walk this morning, walking 95% of the time on all four legs. Poor wee soul is desperate to just run about and go mad though! She is going to have such a good time next week when the stitches come out!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 07:18 PM
18 days after surgery now, last picture before the stitches are removed tomorrow!

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Looks really good You will hardly notice it when the hair grows back.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >