Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Im so wound up...

Im so wound up, I cant think straight. We are decorating our living room at the moment, and we ordered a gorgeous pebble fireplace online last Monday, it was £350.

Well I hadnt heard from the regarding the deliery so I called them last week, to be told the fireplace wasnt in stock until the 16th Nov. I was fairly annoyed, if I hadnt called would they have told me this?

I called again today, nobody has answered the phone, the showroom numbers all ring with a strange tone..then I get cut off. I have got so wound up.

I emailed them, to get a reply saying the item still isnt in stock, and I will hear next week? This is disgusting in my eyes, they took £350 without informing me I would be waiting at least 3 weeks for the item...I imagine there a fake company, I really hope I see my money again... I cant afford to throw it away. I have requested a refund, but Im not holding out much hope. I rung the bank, my mum has gone to get me a form, has anyone else ever had this problem? If so did you get your money back?

Sorry for going on, I just feel like crying, its alot of money to me xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh hun, I'm so sorry you're having problems with this, it does sound a bit odd about the phone though, I hope you get your money back quickly, I haven't had this problem, so I can't offer any advice, this is just to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending ((Hugs)) and wet sloppy sploshes form Jack
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

It doesn't sound like they are a fake company because they have replied to your e-mail, it sounds like they are very disorganised though & customer service is not a high priority.

Did you request the refund by e-mail after they told you they would contact you next week? How long did they take to reply to the first e-mail you sent.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Thank you, I did get a reply within about 4 hours I think, and I have requested the refund by email as I cannt get through on the phone line...nobody answers? I agree they probably are just terrible at customer service, but I really want my money back so I can stop worrying. xxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:01 PM
It could be that they are having a problem with their phone lines (maybe not paid their bill!). The fact that they have replied does give me some confidence, if they were really suss I think they would have ignored your e-mail.

I know it is hard because you can't get things like this out of your mind but maybe give them a chance to reply and if they don't, maybe by tomorrow morning, then contact your local CAB as they can advise you how to proceed.

It sounds a lovely fireplace, I really hope you get it very soon and if not get a full refund. xx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Thank you, I really hope I do get a refund. Your right though it is playing on my mind, its awful isnt it! I believe there is the same fireplace in argos, only a little more expensive, so we may get that, or we may shop about. I would much rather buy fro a company I know in future! I have deffinately learnt my lesson. xxx I will keep you updated if I hear from them x
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-11-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun. Hope you get iether the refund or the fireplace soon
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun. Hope you get iether the refund or the fireplace soon

Thank you..I atill havent heard from them...and I cant get a reply on the phone, will hold out hope! xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 04:45 PM
If you paid online was it with acredit card. If so you may well be covered on the card. It would be worth contacting the card company to see. They may also be able to advise on further action on your part.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
If you paid online was it with acredit card. If so you may well be covered on the card. It would be worth contacting the card company to see. They may also be able to advise on further action on your part.

Thank you, I have called Nationwide and have got a formto fill in...Iam hoping I get it back xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >