Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Afternoon all,

I went to work and got sent home because I was so dizzy I had to hang on to the tables if I stood up. I phoned doctors as they said to go back today again if I was no better. They got me in at 11this morning and the doctor I saw today is convinced its a nasty virus, but got me to leave a urine sample before I left and said I will hear from the hospital about the 24hr heart monitor, she has sent the referral.
She has signed me off work for all of next week, but I told her if I feel well enough I will go back next week.
I feel totally exhausted so am now going for a lay down and a sleep. Wish I felt better as the sun is out after a light 5 min shower this morning and its lovely and warm out there. There is so much I would like to be doing in the garden.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Aww BEV. You must be bad to have to come home. Hope it is only a virus & it clears soon. Don't you dare go out gardening though. Go back to bed & rest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Afternoon Lynne.
Afternoon Nippy Jen glad you survived the airing cupboard.
I ought to do the poppy thing seeing' s as my Granddad fought in the great war.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2014, 11:57 AM
(((Hugs))) Bev rest and hopefully the virus will clear very soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Afternoon all

Read through earlier, but then had lunch, so now forgotten it all, apart from a wet and norty Dillon and Jen's been hiding in the airing cupboard.

Went into the woods, didn't meet a soul, it was heaven, and got home by just gone 8 Makes a big difference when I don't have to drive somewhere. Took myself off to Mr S early and got the local rag and some fresh veggies cos I'm doing a roast tomorrow as we won't be having one Sunday as we're out to lunch with those friends and you never know, I might not like it. I shall enjoy a nice glass or two of wine though and that's all that matters really along with a bit of good conversation. These are the people with the 5 gsd's so I'm sure we won't be stumped for conversation.

Talking of conversations, I then went off to Dunelms to get my conversation set and was very surprised (and annoyed) to see that both display units were still out and intact He didn't follow my instructions then of taking them apart, but I don't think they come apart cos me and the girl decided they didn't when we dragged it through to the till area. Anyway, I came up with a brainwave and asked her to measure from back to front to see if I could squeeze them into the back of the estate upended, and voila, perfect fit! We then grabbed a yung mannn, who took them out for me, but we had to put the table in the passenger seat cos it just wouldn't fit in the back with the 2 chairs. Anyhoo, it's home now and all set up in the conservatory, looks luffley All I need now is somebody to have a conversation with whilst we sit in them

Talking of sitting and chatting, I went into my neighbours this morning after setting up the chairs. She's a novice on the puter and wanted her pics from Australia uploaded from her new camera. So there I am on a lappy I hate laptops, I can't type on them plus my nails are too long, the keys are so close together and being a touch typist I can't do the 2 finger thing or look at the keys cos for some strange reason when you look at the keyboard you don't know where the letters are lol! It must all be to do with the mind the way we can bash away on the keys without looking with two hands using all fingers and thumb then.

Anyway, I managed to find my way around, luckily she had W7 so it had the same software for pictures that I'm used to, so I got all 214 photo's on there, but of course, couldn't e-mail that many, but I showed her how to do it and managed to get them all off to her daughter in Cambodia. She was a very good pupil, when I shut everything down and made her try it herself I knew when I came home she'd probably have forgotten it all, so me being me, I typed it all out for her on 2 pages, rang her up to tell her to meet me at the fence and handed it over to her, she was well chuffed with that, and the fact that her daughter who she went on this holiday with, has now got all the pics. Her daughter is a freelance school teacher in Cambodia but is now moving to Australia, how cool is that. She has a nice yung mann too but insists that he's just a friend cos she can't be doing with being told what and when to do things, what time to be in etc. etc. (ring any bells here Pat and June!!!).

Anyway, we had a good old laugh as we always do, she's on my level, although a tad older than me, she's very down to earth and likes a good giggle and at least I've made her happy today.

We had another half hour chat over the fence, I chucked Zena's ball a few times, she got a bit too breathless, and I came in and had burnt my sausages Hey ho, I can pinch some of Dave's tonight when I do his dinner then.

Will take a pic later of this new furniture in the conservatory but I need to evict Dave first, he's still got the bathroom radiator in there and a few of his tools, but they'll be out over the next couple of days that's a dead cert.

Bit mizzly again today, the washing is in the dryer, gone is the lovely sunshine I've had all of this week, who's pinched it then?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol LS, men huh?
Elaine glad the chicken made it, well done you
Well I have survived the airing cupboard! I have "found" once again a bag of table clothes that my Granny embroidered, so they have to be getting on for 100 years old. I don't want them but can't bear to part with them So they have gone back in
Yesterday I bought a packet of red poppy seeds. So I am going to sow them this afternoon to commemorate the Great War of 100 years ago.
Oh my I am getting all nostalgic today....must be my age
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm glad you got signed off Bev, you do need the rest. I hope you feel better soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:27 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Testing, testing (for Phil).Been here ten years and only just realised there's a little icon at the top of the page to upload pics! Still have to go into pb first though, so don't really see the point, cos it takes the same amount of time to copy and paste whether you use the icon on this page or not Oh I know what I mean anyway lol!

Isn't it fab! Will be even better when I get Dave's c*ap outta there
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Still not gone shopping, Lynn......

Had another cuppa, just flicked the telly on and flicked through the selling channels....and bought this....

http://www.idealworld.tv/_308470.asp...=main_banner_1

well it is my birthday soon, well in June, so eversuffering husband has bought this for my birthday it looks fab.....will try it out and report, so now off shopping and all I am going to buy is fruit

Stopped raining and the chicken is doing really well now, doing all chickeny things....

Will nip in later.....oooo that looks good in there Helena.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Afternoon all,

It is still raining here and we got soaked when we went out earlier .... the upside is that no other dog walker was out We had a phone call soon after 8 to inform us that a tree felling company who gave us a quote about 6 weeks ago would be with us in 5 minutes so there was a lot of rushing around to remove the side temporary fencing, bins and generally make way for them to get round to the front.

It's a Xmas tree that was planted by our predecessor and had got so big that it was obliterating our view and making a dreadful mess everywhere. Always sad to see a tree cut down but we'll plant another tree in the back garden.

You can see that man half way up .... very agile

We've left about 8' of it so that we can attach a sun canopy if we miss the shade that the tree gave us in the summer.

It feels very naked now but I'm sure we'll get use to it.

I've also been to the dentist but that was literally replacing a little filling that I had managed to ping off while flossing We are now waiting on a phone call to let us know when I can take my OH down to collect his van. I haven't done any housework yet

Kazz I am sorry about your neighbour. I hope you managed to get a good sleep. I've got one of those egg-perfect timers and its brilliant and spot on every time whether you are boiling one or many eggs
Lynn Dillon's antics really make me laugh .... he reminds me of a young child who sulks when things don't their way. Well done for getting him out properly though as everywhere is so wet.
LuckyStar Isn't it incredible how insensitive partners can be and easily children can have their confidence crushed. I'm a violinist (well was, I haven't touched it in years) but I have to admit it does sound a little like a cat in distress until one has mastered how to play it So good luck. That is really sad about your friend and he's still a young man . I hope Loki's tum sorts itself out.
Elaine Great news about your chicken and I hope she continues to improve. As for Lacie I really hope those abs have kicked in today and she perks up.
Lynne Enjoy your walk with Taff when you get out ... at least you haven't got rain. That £10 off is a good deal
Tang We don't expect too see you for a while now as YOU ARE WORKING Enjoy your sun and at least you have a nice shady area to sit in.
Madmare I'm not surprised to see you home again but I'm really sorry as that means you are still feeling so unwell. Hopefully it is just a virus which will eventually burn itself out. Rest, rest and more rest.

I'll see you all later.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »