View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Bitkin, I keep thinking this is stuff I should have done years ago. If I had got into cadets years ago I probably would have but hey ho. Now I'm making up for lost time, I also want to lose some weight and improve my map and compass for teaching cadets. The only way I can do that is through practice. So practice it is.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Evening all. Arrived back safely in Larnaca tonight. Hope to catch up once we've retrieved Bella and done a few essentials. It's hot but perfect out on the verandah.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Glad you got back safely Tang...........I bet you just can't wait to get your hands on Bella again, and I just hope that she is pleased to see you!!!

Lore, I admire you for your determination in everything that you do. I shall view your exploits from my armchair
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Will they 'release' Bella this time of night or will she have to wait till tomorrow for freedom
Helena, I know you're in beddy byes now, and hope you read this tomorrow on your ketchup, apparently when you go for a logbook loan they take a piccie of all 4 sides of the car, and a piccie of you and take a set of keys for the car. These are all returned to you when you repay the loan
Now he could have taken the car when he was here and I wouldn't have thought anything of it. However the spare keys are still here and so is the master key, and it would cost a few squid to get new ones made, plus when Leon HPI'd the car a couple of weeks ago there was nothing on it.
So I think (hope) that he never managed to actually do it, but it was on the cards. Everything away in a very safe place now, out of the house so not accessible.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Fingers crossed here TW about the car. It does sound as if it should be safe, and I really hope that it is.

*throws over a vast hamper of choccy and things plus a special sort of "tomato" plant that I found in a very hot humid room at the back of the thread

I think that Tang is a couple of hours ahead of us, so perhaps the Bella pick up will be in the morning now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Pat - Glad you're back safely and little Bella will be so pleased to get back to her day bed where she rightly belongs.
Lynn - Hopefully you'll have some positive news for us tomorrow afternoon when you get back.

Night, night, Sally, Lore, Helena, June, Lynn, and Pat as I'm off to sort the dogs now.
See you tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Night night Jenny, sleep well.

I have just had some lovely emails about my website - it makes it all worthwhile.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2013, 09:57 PM
LOL at the 'tomato' plant, do you think it would be noticed if it was planted in the front garden
One of my friends came up with the info about the log book loan, she rang one and asked how it all worked, and then came back to me with the info!!!
I've had the car parked up at a friends for the last 2 months just to keep it out of the way whilst I was unsure of the situation. Bit of a nuisance, but worth it because my instincts were telling me, no screaming at me, to keep it out of the way, so maybe that is what saved me, it was never left outside the house apart from the odd ocassions I was unloading shopping, shavings or bones!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Nighty night everyone. Have been watching ITV+1 because I totally forgot it was on.
Now off to do girly brekkies and try and get some sleep, I had a bad night last night, so hopefully will flake out
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I hope that you flake out too...........you probably will.

I am off too, Jimmi's bed is plumped so all he has to do is drag himself out of the spare room where he is currently lying amongst the pillows and go for a wee!

Night night anyone who is still lurking.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9