Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2013, 06:56 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread (Monday)

. Again surely not where is life going ? It doesn't feel like there has been a week in between the last Monday thread.
It is very windy here and cold no snow thank goodness which has surprised me a little as it did snow yesterday.
No lie-in today Dillon was awake at 6am but is being quiet so that's something although I am sat here with the back door open.
Well today we ring some estate agents to get valuations on the house as it stands now and what they think we can achieve and what they think we can achieve when we have finished tarting it up which we will be doing while waiting for potential buyers coming through the door. Its mostly a lick of paint and tarting up the outside wall where the back porch was removed and the fascia boardings. Gorden isn't so good with heights now he is older so its either bung Mark a few quid he would do it for nothing but they are short of cash too so we don't feel its fair for him to do it for nothing or Gorden will have too overcome his fear.
The other slight obstacle is Michael he is back at college and can find no part time work for now and lord knows he has tried and N.Lincs is a bit far for him to travel 3 days a week plus college is part time so at odd times. Or we bung the family up the road a few quid to have him they call him their 4th son or the friends in London he sometimes stays with. But we are doing it we have too we have no choice and we have fallen in love with this particular house and the places in general if in the right areas. So we need all the Dogsey vibes you can muster please for the house selling and buying and this Job for Gorden which would be the icing on the cake with a cherry on the top if it all came off together.

Helena I was reading about Zena yesterday after drinking I hope it doesn't happen again that must of been so scarey.
Sal I hope you got a better nights sleep again last night and that Jimmi's paws are ok and that he has massacred no frogs only good thing about this cold spell again is the frogs may well of disappeared for a while.
June I hope today brings some good news about the pups at home and in Germany.
Malka I hope you are feeling better today.
Chris have you still got your cough and cold if so I hope it is getting better and Dave's.
Mini I hope you are also feeling better today.
I think that's the sick bay taken care of if I have missed anyone I am sorry and wish you well soon. Pets included.
Linda I hope the tootsies are not too cold this morning after not receiving slippers for Mothers day.
Bev and Kazz well done for all the decorating especially Bev with the dining room that is not a small room to attempt especially on your own.

Have a good Monday all and remember wrap up warm it is bitter cold out there.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope all poorly people and doggies are on the mend.

Good luck with the sale and purchase of house Lynn! Dillon being quiet, mmm, maybe he is saving his energies for later!

I spent the weekend at work so missed much of the goings on here, back to work today (reluctantly) as we are stocktaking. We have a thin layer of snow and more forecast so may come home early if that happens, the only time that I could wish to be snowed in for 2 days!

Just seen on the other side in the afghan academy a link to the daily mail's pics from crufts, afghans in their wet weather gear and who should I see in there but my friends dogs (basenjis) Dutch and Yandi! Yandi is Pip's litter sister, bred by me, can't wait to tell her!

Have a good day all!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Gerri snowing here now too you can have ours if you like if it will get you a couple of days off from the stocktaking.
Really exciting seeing pics of the dogs especially one you have bred.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I am mustering up every good vibe I can for you Lynn and really hoping you can get a quick sale and move for you and Gordon, you have been through enough turmoil and deserve lots of happiness and calm. Just promise me you will come and visit before you move so we can have a goodbye get together as it will be unlikely we will see each other again after that, which is very sad.

Another busy day on the cards here as I voluteered to help a friend who had building work done last week that i would go and help her clean her house from top to bottom this morning. Its a large house and not easy to clean, so not sure we will get it all done before I have to come home and walk Lily before setting off to work.

We have had a fair bit of snow overnight and the sky looks like there is more to come. I am so sick of the weather now, I really need some warm T.shirt weather to make me feel human again.

H, I havn't read what happened to Zena yet while drinking but will head off to find it in a moment. Hope she is ok now though. Am wondering if its what Lily does sometimes and chokes on it and then starts gulping like she can't get her breath. Anyway will find out in a moment.

Hope everyone feeling poorly is much improved today.

Take care all and keep warm.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry and everyone

Can't believe what I've woken up to outside here Everything is white, and the snow that's falling heavilly is blowing around like a blizard, blowing off the roof and swirling around in the air, it's pretty grim for Spring isn't it

I want to get up and do the van, but I won't be able to today, and my new guests are travelling down from Sheffield on Wed, but if I can't get up the road 5 mins away, I doubt they'll be able to get down here either.

Lynn, good luck with the agents today, and with getting all the odd jobs done on the house which need doing, it really does make a difference to those buyers out there, wherever they are. You couldn't have chosen a better time, it usually picks up again in Spring, but then again, look at it out there

Gerry, be careful what you wish for lol!

Bitkin, hope your cough is better and it looks like even though poor Jimmi's feet might be good atm, he's going to be housebound again with this snow and then the salt on the pavements, you just can't win. Make the most of staying in the warm to get yourself better.

June, hope all is well with the hunt for Ash's new owners and also the home for Storm over in Germany.

Bev, I bet you're aching this morning after overdoing it like that yesterday, but hope you're ok.

Chris, hope you're getting better by now.

Pat, hope you've heard about your son and that he's doing well.

Jenny, hope you had a lovely visit to your mum yesterday, and our other Jen, hope your aches and pains have subsided.

Grandma, hopefully, you're still catching up on lost sleep there.

Can't remember who else is in the sick bay or in trouble so apologies for all those I missed.

Oh what a way to start the 2nd week of spring, looks like we're housebound today here on this big hill, but we'll probably be able to get Zena out over the road in the woods on foot so she won't suffer.

Enjoy your Monday then if you can
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Cold and very windy here,woke me several times during the night,no snow so I am going to peg out my washing,have tons of it again

Luke's gone off to college,Tom's gone to school and Lizzie is off to do some voluntary work at the groomer's,Think she's keen I will drop her in a bit,she's sleeping over at her b/f's tonight and I won't see her then till 10 tomorrow night.

Meg's skin is looking better but still no new hair growth

I want to clean my cooker today then just the usual chores lol

Have a good day all x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Well after hearing again from my son last night and him sounding about a zillion times better than last time we spoke - I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER! I feel as if someone bunged five hundred quid in my hand and told me to go out and spend it!

In fact it sort of gave me a new lease of life and I was then awake until past 4am - working and mucking about on the internet! Then up and out before 9 with Bella and didn't feel a bit tired or achey.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Came in from doing girls and babies brekkies, got my own, and seen a text about Ash, so have answered will ring them in 15 mins. Sounds the right types as well, fingers crossed all, purleeeeeeesssseeee..................
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Morning all, sorry was not around over the weekend, but just had to spend my time at Crufts......I have had a wonderful weekend, spent to much money and enjoyed meeting old friends and catching up.

Mind I have woken this morning with a stiff neck, not surprising as we were sat under a air conditioning vent for a few hrs yesterday , with it blowing down my neck.

Hope everyone is OK, all dogs are well and no major problems this week for anyone.

Have a good one folks, and wrap up its cold out there. x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Came in from doing girls and babies brekkies, got my own, and seen a text about Ash, so have answered will ring them in 15 mins. Sounds the right types as well, fingers crossed all, purleeeeeeesssseeee..................
I have EVERYTHING crossed for you TW. Fingers, Toes, Eyes, Legs (they've been crossed for years!)
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »