register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Well he pursued me, and it was like being in a sweetie shop an getting your favouritist of favourite sweeties.
It did wonders for my very dented ego
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-07-2013, 07:55 PM
1976 was the first year I took my offspring camping, having had a disastrous visit to my twin in the US the year before, due to whooping cough - and yes, they had both had the vaccination but there was an epidemic that year due to so many people not letting their babies have the DPTT vaccinations. Our 6½ week planned visit ended very expensively after four days at my sister when my daughter started "whooping" - my son had been coughing but not whooping before we left and had been given the all clear by our then GP, saying it was some sort of hayfever.

We then had to find somewhere to stay while we managed to get flights back - got some sedatives from the Children's Hospital in Boston so both children zonked off before the plane even took of, and no, I did not inform the airline but what could I do? I had to get the children home.

Anyhow, someone round the corner who used to collect a about 10P weekly for the local club activities suggested camping, so I ended up with my first small frame tent [bought in Milletts in Watford for £60] and in 1976 we found ourselves in the middle of a field, under canvas, for the very first time!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Lynn, we got married in 77 too!

TW, it sounds like the French toy boy was just what you needed Perhaps you could find another one? Just for the summer .......

Nope...... seven hours a day just about finishes me off; but fortunately it is only two or three days a week.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I reckon TW should look up this French guy, maybe he's single and thinks about you all the time....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Just popped in to say goodnight (I feel a song coming on!!).

Meeting was a right giggle, I had this girl sitting next to me who is right on my page, we both went into hysterics at one point, I was almost crying then she fell on me cos she was laughing so much lol! Thankfully, we didn't get thrown out, and in fact, they've put me on THE commmmiiitttteh!!!! Oh Lordy, they don't know what they're in for do they, but this girl next to me was insistent I put myself forward so that she could have an ali I suppose, as she's already on it, cos they're all old fogies otherwise (yeah, I know I'm one of them too, but I'm young at heart!).

We've had a few break-ins lately cos the burglars are taking advantage of this very hot weather with people leaving their windows open, so watch out, it must be the same everywhere because where I live is supposed to be a very, very safe area.

Just going to ring Dave now cos he's been out to dinner with some friends of ours at the other end of the county and apparently they had some very exciting news to tell him but they couldn't tell him until it was confirmed, and I just can't wait to find out what that was! I wonder if they've won the lottery or summat

Night night all, see you in the morning, hope it's not too hot to sleep, and let's hope those poorly boys of yours have a good night Jen.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Good nite Helena, sleep well x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 09:08 PM
*shakes head sadly

Oh dear H old bean, a Committee member eh, this is not good, no indeedy Before you know it you will be Chairwoman of the WI. Still, the other nutter.......I mean likeminded lady.........sounds fun to be around so perhaps you will be able to combine business with pleasure on meeting nights.

Break ins always rise in the hot weather for just the reason you mention - the burglars must cruise around taking their pick of the houses with wide open windows on the ground floor.

Night night anyway, and hope you manage to sleep; no doubt after giving Zena another cold blanket bath!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Night Helena glad the meeting was a success and you are now a committee member. Do we have to call you Ma'am now
You will certainly liven the meetings up.
Looking forward to tomorrow to see what news Dave brings of your friends.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I am off too now......this study is like a little oven!!!

Take care all, and I hope that tomorrow brings good news from Jenny, who I will be thinking of tonight.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry been on the phone, then read the news that Helena is on t'committee, so passed out with the shock of it all, have come round now, feeling a little shaky still though.
Taffsmum has just emailed me some piccies over of Kearsley which was the old parish my village came under, and in there were some piccies of my village, including this one
http://www.boltonmuseums.org.uk/coll...&b_start:int=0
The factory shown on the left is Kearsley Mill and the river running by it is the very river I sit on with my girls below the mill, far left is Prestolee Church which is in the next road to me
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6